hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Hibernian Supporters: Hampden £100k Campaign

Hibernian Supporters are encouraging fans to consider donating the cost of their day out at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against St Johnstone to the club via a one off donation to Hibernian Supporters.

The campaign is bold and aims to raise £100,000 for the football budget throughout the month of January, for context this is around five times the amount contributed on a monthly basis.

Supporters who already contribute to Hibernian Supporters can make a one off donation by simply logging in to their account here and scrolling down to the 'Make a One-Off Donation' drop down.

Fans who do not already contribute can make a one-off payment by clicking here and scrolling down to the 'Let's Give to Hibs' section and then clicking the 'Single payments' tab.

Everyone who donates £25 or more throughout the month will be added to the prize draw to win a signed shirt.

The information is on social media (Twitter and Facebook) and every like, share, retweet and link in group chats will go a long way to help us achieve the ambitious goal.

We'll aim to share periodic updates on this thread as the month goes on.

Let's make sure the club benefit from reaching another cup semi final - hopefully we'll have a final to look forward to and a significant sum of money added to the manager's budget by the end of January.

Already signed up?
    Click here to log in and scroll to the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to select the amount you'd like to donate

Not signed up?
    Click here and scroll to the 'Single payments' tab to make a one-off donation via GoCardless instruction to your bank.

Want to pay by debit/credit card?
    Click here to make a one off donation by credit or debit card via Stripe.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 08-01-2021 at 11:32 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Done.

Great idea

We the supporters of this great old club are the ones who really can make a difference, i shall be making a donation that I feel I may be able to afford.
    Quality players cost and we need some quality players, to be able to push on.

Can I have my £25 back 😲

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can I have my £25 back 😲

Serious question, Daniel or Jim Adie - what input/backing do you get from the Board for HSL?

Bump

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Bump
    Cheers for bumping this, Dave.

Would love to see Hibs fans get behind this - we’ve got a real chance of silverware and if we, as a support, can do our bit (and more) then that chance gets even bigger.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Just purely out of curiosity... Have you approached the club to see if they can assist in any way?

I remember there were legal issues re club involvement when the money being raised was to be put towards shares but I wouldn't imagine this is an issue now.

I think this is a great idea and it would be good to take advantage of every avenue possible.

p.s. Made my donation
    Last edited by Keith_M; 04-01-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Serious question, Daniel or Jim Adie - what input/backing do you get from the Board for HSL?
    Scotty Leither

Before answering your question can I first of all record the HSL Board's gratitude to both Daniel and Gavin for their huge support over the last number of months. They have provided a great boost to our communications during what has been a very difficult period.

We have been a little quiet over the last number of months as we didn't feel it would have been appropriate to be pushing any particular campaigns during a period when folks are fighting for their lives and livelihoods. That remains the case, however we felt that now was the time to try to push a little and help Jack Ross achieve our aim of qualifying for Europe.

We are getting support from the Club but they too are limited by resources but you will see evidence throughout the month of their input.

Thank you so much to all those who have already made their one off donations. We intend to give regular updates on the "banked" amounts as we receive them.

Happy to respond to any other questions.

Hibernian Supporters

[QUOTE=Keith_M;6407416]Just purely out of curiosity... Have you approached the club to see if they can assist in any way?

I remember there were legal issues re club involvement when the money being raised was to be put towards shares but I wouldn't imagine this is an issue now.

I think this is a great idea and it would be good to take advantage of every avenue possible.

p.s. Made my donation[/QUOTE

Keith

Can we just confirm that the Club can and do assist us from time to time. Not sure what legal issues people are thinking about.

Hibernian Supporters

Thanks for the response.

Not trying to be overly critical (and certainly not a criticism of HSL) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much effort on the part of the club to post something on their website about HSL, even if it's just acknowledging the donations
    Last edited by Keith_M; 04-01-2021 at 12:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Not trying to be overly critical (and certainly not a criticism of HSL) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much effort on the part of the club to post something on their website about HSL, even if it's just acknowledging the donations
    Think the club website did post something a few months ago about hsl and the money given(might be wrong though)

Thanks for the response.

Hi Keith, wheels are in motion for this and we had an email from the club first thing this morning regarding the Hampden £100k drive.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the response.

Would definitely be good to see more.

Worth pointing out the ad that runs on Hibs TV on matchdays as well, that's excellent - @hiberniansupporters, could that be tweaked to reflect the promotion?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Facebook

Last edited by Peevemor; 04-01-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Facebook
    That's on Twitter as well
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The club have launched the campaign on the official site and on their social media channels.

Link to the website story is here.

Let's spread the word and hope we can raise some significant funds for the football budget that would otherwise have gone to the SPFL and on buses/trains/beers in normal times.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 04-01-2021 at 03:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    i'll definitely be contributing to this as well

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Sounds a great campaign. Contributed and hope we reach the total. Missing the trips to Hampden as no doubt will the club be commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Hi Keith, wheels are in motion for this and we had an email from the club first thing this morning regarding the Hampden £100k drive.

Fantastic news, Daniel. Glad to hear it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quick question. If you donate £50 do you enter the draw twice, £75 thrice etc?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Quick question. If you donate £50 do you enter the draw twice, £75 thrice etc?
    We've kept it to one entry per contribution over £25 regardless of total amount so we can stay in line with the 'donate what you'd have spent' idea.

Conscious of appearing to turn it into a raffle at £25 a ticket when any donation, large or small, will be hugely appreciated. I know there have been HS initiatives in the past that have given extra entries for multiples of £X but this time we want to offer everyone who donated any amount over £25 the chance to win the shirt.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Have just ended up setting up a new HSL account for this and any future initiatives. It looks like I will have 2 x £25 being paid as I seem to have created 2 payments 😂

Wee bump.

Just bought my semi ticket to add to my existing monthly contribution. More cash for the Hibees. Easy done.

@hibs.net private member
    Just donated,gave me that unbelievable day on May 2016.
    Would definitely have been at this semi so a no brainer for me.
    GGTTH 💚🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by penihibs View Post
    Just donated,gave me that unbelievable day on May 2016.
    Would definitely have been at this semi so a no brainer for me.
    GGTTH 💚🇳🇬
    Donated today, the only way to get better players is to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lang Toun hibby View Post
    Donated today, the only way to get better players is to pay more.
    Whilst not wanting to dampen this initiative that’s not true. Better recruitment would also surely get better players?

Hibernian Supporters: Hampden £100k Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson2Del View Post
    Whilst not wanting to dampen this initiative that’s not true. Better recruitment would also surely get better players?
    Like it or loathe it football's a game of finance I'm afraid. More money = more success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post
    Like it or loathe it football's a game of finance I'm afraid. More money = more success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are right in general but throwing money at the problem doesn't necessarily guarantee success. Hearts were a good example of how to use a lot of money badly and we are guilty ourselves of having greater resources than some clubs and perhaps not getting value for our investment.

I think the club are using the money well just now though and players like Magennis and Nisbet are sound long term investments. If the club are using the money well then it makes sense to try and give them more.
    Last edited by Wilson; 05-01-2021 at 05:42 PM.