hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's for the whole month of January, right? So we might see a surge in donations if we win on Saturday.

Either way myself and three mates made our payments last night, expected to come out on the 27th I think it said.

Let's keep this going!
    Yes it’s for the whole month - all donations initiated on the website by 31st Jan will be included in the total

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    It took me until this week to be able to do this donation. It’s a bad time of year and most people are on a 6 week month. I’m usually pretty carefully with my cash because of my away ST but that control has gone out the window cause of no football to go to. Saying all that £100k is 4000 people donating £25 each so it is definitely achievable and I hope there will be an upsurge in donations come payday next week. Great initiative and great work by HSL, this is certainly the most visible campaign I’ve seen on social media from them so far.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    It took me until this week to be able to do this donation. It’s a bad time of year and most people are on a 6 week month. I’m usually pretty carefully with my cash because of my away ST but that control has gone out the window cause of no football to go to. Saying all that £100k is 4000 people donating £25 each so it is definitely achievable and I hope there will be an upsurge in donations come payday next week. Great initiative and great work by HSL, this is certainly the most visible campaign I’ve seen on social media from them so far.
    Thanks for your generosity OTG. I think there were a lot of fair comments about visibility made previously. Hopefully we can keep making the right noises in the future.

As ever, only donate what you can, and IF you can. A lot of things that are far more important than football, particularly right now.

(Although it won't feel like it come kick off tomorrow).

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Stop greeting eh. No even half way through the month yet. It’s a 5/6 week month for most after the most expensive time of year. See where we are at the end of the month. Sure you’ll be delighted if it doesn’t go much higher though
    Behave yourself daft lad. You’re getting cynicism mixed up with affiliation.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 22-01-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    What would the normal figure for 14th January be?
    I could be wrong but further up the thread I read it to be around £20k? Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    awfully unfair. The amount of work iggy did with the HSL badges and you think he wants it to fail?

hopefully the end figure for January will be our highest monthly contribution, even if it doesn’t reach 100k
    I still have a couple if Dazzling Doidge guy wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I could be wrong but further up the thread I read it to be around £20k? Could be wrong.
    The figure brought in for the whole of December was just less than £22,000.

In a normal month we’d probably be around the £10,000 figure midway through the month.

@hibs.net private member
    500 folk just spent £50 on the LS500 shirt.... that’s £25k in less than 3 hours....

Why has this campaign taken at least 2 weeks to reach a similar figure?

I still have a couple if Dazzling Doidge guy wants one.
    He should be buying a FEW badges after that senseless comment earlier about you hoping the initiative fails or is a flop??? Good to see you can humour that nonsense iggy and well done for donating to this and all the work you done regarding the badges etc you have done for HSL

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    500 folk just spent £50 on the LS500 shirt.... that’s £25k in less than 3 hours....

Two different things

Maybe because people are actually getting something directly for their money? I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two

Some people already contribute monthly and may not want to pay any more. Some people may not be in the position to do it yet due to end of month payday. Some maybe cannot afford it.

I’m a monthly contributor but will also pay my £25 over next week 👍

People are buying an item with the Stevenson shirt.

People are giving away money for the Hampden100k initiative.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    People are buying an item with the Stevenson shirt.

People are giving away money for the Hampden100k initiative.
    I wouldn't call it giving away money to be fair to HSL, its a vital income stream for the club during a hard time for businesses everywhere.

A £50 training shirt with some extra printing on it will come and go, but supporting the club finically could be the difference in us going under, just look at Killie.

First Team Breakthrough
    I wouldn't call it giving away money to be fair to HSL, its a vital income stream for the club during a hard time for businesses everywhere.

A £50 training shirt with some extra printing on it will come and go, but supporting the club finically could be the difference in us going under, just look at Killie.
    You are so right Black Sheep

I seem to be having some issues with my account. I have emailed HSL. Can one of the members have a look. I want to donate but cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    The figure brought in for the whole of December was just less than £22,000.

In a normal month we’d probably be around the £10,000 figure midway through the month.
    Great Daniel, ta.

While you're right that the money going to HSL will be making a difference, there is no tangible return on your money. So from an individual perspective, one is buying something, the other is giving away money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    He should be buying a FEW badges after that senseless comment earlier about you hoping the initiative fails or is a flop??? Good to see you can humour that nonsense iggy and well done for donating to this and all the work you done regarding the badges etc you have done for HSL

Thank you. There are a lot of folk do what I did x100. Upwards, onwards.

Thank you. There are a lot of folk do what I did x100. Upwards, onwards.
    No probs bud

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Oscar

Thank you for your kind words. There has been a number of people involved in this, all fellow Hibees and volunteers.

Our analysis of this was as straightforward as yours. We thought as many as 2000 of our existing Members may have contributed and perhaps as many as 2000 supporters who have never donated but who would have attended Hampden. For that reason we believed the target was achievable and indeed remains achievable. Word of mouth is best so please feel free to reach out to a fellow supporter.

Hibernian Supporters

Donations have just tipped past the £25,000 mark for contributions up to 15th January, momentum is building nicely - keep spreading the word to those who might be in a position to donate.

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/st...058981891?s=20

Most likely wrong if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Most likely wrong if you ask me.
    Post #367 clarifies thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    Good to see this highlighted again in the latest pre match club email

Just got this email.

Message from Jack Ross
    We have just received a delightful call from Jack Ross. He has asked us to pass on the following message to all our Members/Donators.

“I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to everyone involved with Hibernian Supporters and their Hampden 100k campaign, whether it’s the volunteers behind the scenes or those who have kindly donated. I speak on behalf of the club when I say we would have loved to walk out to a sea of green and white at Hampden tomorrow and we’re looking forward to having everyone back as soon as it’s safe to do so. In the meantime, the support we’ve received in these unprecedented times has been incredible and greatly appreciated. We know it’s a difficult time for everyone and it’s been heartening that so many are still going above and beyond for their club. It’ll be in our thoughts at Hampden. Enjoy the game.”

Rest assured our donations right now are making a difference. Please spread the word to other fans who you think would have been at the game tomorrow and encourage them to visit www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

James Adie

Chairman

Contribution made.

Am a monthly contributor and have decided to also donate a further two match tickets equivalent.

Thank you to all the HSL volunteers - keep up the good work!
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Donation made, feels a bit last minute, my fault but made

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Brilliant to see more donations going in. Remember the campaign runs until the end of the month rather than just until the game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Donation made. Hibs for the Cup