hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, it will say direct debit but you don’t need to worry about it coming out every month. It won’t.
    Cheers. 👍🏻

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I think it's a disappointing figure.

Not a dig at the initiative or those promoting it but it just seems like there is little to no appetite to back these sort of things from the fans.
    I will donate but don’t get paid till the end of the month. Others may be in a similar position. I was paid slightly earlier in Dec so stretching cash this month.

HSL and Season Ticket DDs will come off as normal but the extra needs to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I need to ask in the hope you can tell me. Does the figure of £10,272 represent one off payments only or does it include the regular January DDs to date? I know it’s all going same place and we’ve covered that, but I’m curious.
    It’s a combination of one-off payments and regular direct debits. The one off payments take a while to filter through the system and into the bank account so I’d imagine the £10,000 so far includes a fair amount of ‘regular’ contributions at this stage.

Thats me just made my donation....

Can’t help feeling the one off payment option is a bit confusing as I said in earlier post in that the site asks you to setup a direct debit. Might put some folk off in my opinion.

Anyways, heres hoping we get a good figure that can help the club

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    It’s a combination of one-off payments and regular direct debits. The one off payments take a while to filter through the system and into the bank account so I’d imagine the £10,000 so far includes a fair amount of ‘regular’ contributions at this stage.
    Ta. It does seem slow then as it sounds like it includes all the regular contributions at this stage. Interesting to see what the difference will be over the whole month. I suppose that’s how you’ll gauge the success of the drive unless you can post the one-offs as a standalone figure?

Ta. It does seem slow then as it sounds like it includes all the regular contributions at this stage. Interesting to see what the difference will be over the whole month. I suppose that’s how you’ll gauge the success of the drive unless you can post the one-offs as a standalone figure?
    The response from the first time you asked.

"We are running a campaign to raise £100,000 in January. If that includes a few people who have taken a notion to make a one off payment completely independently and without knowing about the Hampden £100k drive it doesn’t really matter - all the money is still going to Hibs?

If you, or anyone else, makes a one off payment of £25 it’ll all be going to the same pot and will be helping raise the targeted amount of £100,000 in January."

The target is for January, regardless of how the donations are made, so that's how the total will be calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    The response from the first time you asked.

"We are running a campaign to raise £100,000 in January. If that includes a few people who have taken a notion to make a one off payment completely independently and without knowing about the Hampden £100k drive it doesn’t really matter - all the money is still going to Hibs?

If you, or anyone else, makes a one off payment of £25 it’ll all be going to the same pot and will be helping raise the targeted amount of £100,000 in January."

The target is for January, regardless of how the donations are made, so that's how the total will be calculated.
    Daniels been pretty good at getting back so far thanks and I already had that one as I said in my post tonight (#150) , but now we have this initial figure.
    I’m asking really, how are we going to know what the impact of the promotion has been over and above the regular intake. It’s a fair question and I’m asking it as a fairly hefty contributor since the start (and having had a wee bit to do with one off fundraising for Hibs and HSL earlier this year).
    Give HSL time to get back to me. Ta.

Daniels been pretty good at getting back so far thanks and I already had that one as I said in my post tonight (#150) , but now we have this initial figure.
    I’m asking really, how are we going to know what the impact of the promotion has been over and above the regular intake. It’s a fair question and I’m asking it as a fairly hefty contributor since the start (and having had a wee bit to do with one off fundraising for Hibs and HSL earlier this year).
    I work alongside Daniel and have been volunteering with HSL for months. Ta.

The success of the fundraiser will be gauged by the total figure come the end of January, balanced against the regular monthly average we see come in. The figures won't be separated by regulars/one offs.

Daniel1875 I have dropped you a PM.

Ta

I work alongside Daniel and have been volunteering with HSL for months. Ta.

The success of the fundraiser will be gauged by the total figure come the end of January, balanced against the regular monthly average we see come in. The figures won't be separated by regulars/one offs.
    Good for you Vault Boy. You didn’t have to reiterate his previous answer though did you? I’ve done some volunteering myself, it’s a good thing.

I am not starting a ruck, I’ve asked a question of HSL who tag on here, and Daniel who has become a spokesman for them also on here. Indeed, Hibs.net has become perhaps the best way of contacting HSL.

Your second paragraph has confirmed what I’ve said already. The figure at the end of the month will be what it is and any increment on the ‘norm’ will be put down to the initiative increasing the balance. Right?

I think people were interested (I certainly was, still am) in finding out how much had been raised under the ‘swap your Hampden ticket money here’ initiative over and above the consistent, regularly DD contributions that hundreds of us, you, me everyone else, are already making. The current £10k figure doesn’t hint at the success to date, could be great could be abysmal.

Good for you Vault Boy. You didn’t have to reiterate his previous answer though did you? I’ve done some volunteering myself, it’s a good thing.

I am not starting a ruck, I’ve asked a question of HSL who tag on here, and Daniel who has become a spokesman for them also on here. Indeed, Hibs.net has become perhaps the best way of contacting HSL.

Your second paragraph has confirmed what I’ve said already. The figure at the end of the month will be what it is and any increment on the ‘norm’ will be put down to the initiative increasing the balance. Right?

I think people were interested (I certainly was, still am) in finding out how much had been raised under the ‘swap your Hampden ticket money here’ initiative over and above the consistent, regularly DD contributions that hundreds of us, you, me everyone else, are already making. The current £10k figure doesn’t hint at the success to date, could be great could be abysmal.
    I copied the original answer because it remained pertinent with regards to the question. You then told me to wait for Daniel to respond, which is why I told you my capacity with HSL.

The updates won't be all that insightful until a bit later into the month, so we can only wait and see on that one. Because of the delay with getting an accurate figure (as outlined above), the impact can't really be speculated upon yet.

Hopefully we see a sizeable January contribution, which will help Hibs secure signings, particularly ahead of the semi. To get the answer you're seeking RE the campaign, we all need to see the final figure. Until then, we'll try to keep promoting the initiative and getting fans on board. The reaction on social media has been strong so far, which is something we get more instant feedback on.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 12-01-2021 at 09:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I know it’s only a small thing but there doesn’t appear to be anything on the HSL website about this campaign.

There is a small donate button but it then takes a few clicks and a scroll to find the £25 option, then you have the DD confusion and the do you want to be a member (although you won’t be a full member) question.

None of that is the end of the world but in these instant days it certainly won’t help.

I can’t help but think a special one off just giving page or the like might have been easier (appreciate the fees are higher) and would have been much easier to ping a link to friends etc urging them to donate.

But none the less I hope the campaign succeeds and all power to HSL’s efforts

I copied the original answer because it remained pertinent with regards to the question. You then told me to wait for Daniel to respond, which is why I told you my capacity with HSL.

The updates won't be all that insightful until a bit later into the month, so we can only wait and see on that one. Because of the delay with getting an accurate figure (as outlined above), the impact can't really be speculated upon yet.

Hopefully we see a sizeable January contribution, which will help Hibs secure signings, particularly ahead of the semi. To get the answer you're seeking RE the campaign, we all need to see the final figure. Until then, we'll try to keep promoting the initiative and getting fans on board. The reaction on social media has been strong so far, which is something we get more instant feedback on.
    Agree with all that, the differential would be nice to know. I’ve dealt with Daniel, Jim and Gordon. What is your capacity with HSL if you don’t mind me asking?

Agree with all that, the differential would be nice to know. I’ve dealt with Daniel, Jim and Gordon. What is your capacity with HSL if you don’t mind me asking?
    Similar to Daniel. We both help out with the marketing/comms, whatever label works best really. The Hampden100K video being the most recent example.

Yeah - if we take around £20,000 as the 'normal' amount then anything over and above that figure come the end of January will give us a decent idea of the extra revenue generated by the Hampden £100k campaign.

Similar to Daniel. We both help out with the marketing/comms, whatever label works best really. The Hampden100K video being the most recent example.
    Marketing. Right.
    Want to buy a badge? I’ve a wee drop left. One off donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Yeah - if we take around £20,000 as the 'normal' amount then anything over and above that figure come the end of January will give us a decent idea of the extra revenue generated by the Hampden £100k campaign.
    Thank you, and sincerest good luck getting close to, or past, the target.

Marketing. Right.
    I've already made a one off on top of my usual monthly contribution, so I'll have to pass this time.

The badges are good though, so for anyone looking in who fancies one. 👆

Iggy
    Fully understand your curiosity so let us try to answer as best we can.

First of all can we first say we cannot give you a definitive exact answer as the Go Cardless system collects different data in a different format and reports over different time periods. It is fair to assume that about 70% of that figure is normal monthly DD’s. The balance however only represents the first two days of the initiative. Second observation we would make is that there is still a significant contribution of one off payments from existing Members. In a nutshell, at the moment we have still to reach a significant part of our target audience i.e. those supporters who would have been at Hampden but are not HSL Members or Season Ticket holders. We must however keep in mind the time of year and the influence of pay day. So, if you can, and indeed anyone else reading please bring our Campaign to the attention of as many fellow Hibees as possible.

As always please feel free to get in touch if you want any further or specific information.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I’ll be making my contribution when I get paid on the 18th. Then my standard monthly payment will go in a couple of days after. So hopefully there’s plenty more to come from people in similar positions.

First Team Breakthrough
    Marketing. Right.
    Hi Iggy

The badges were fantastic, as were the HSL scarves before them.
    I think there might be a little market there for HSL goods.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Iggy
    Fully understand your curiosity so let us try to answer as best we can.

First of all can we first say we cannot give you a definitive exact answer as the Go Cardless system collects different data in a different format and reports over different time periods. It is fair to assume that about 70% of that figure is normal monthly DD’s. The balance however only represents the first two days of the initiative. Second observation we would make is that there is still a significant contribution of one off payments from existing Members. In a nutshell, at the moment we have still to reach a significant part of our target audience i.e. those supporters who would have been at Hampden but are not HSL Members or Season Ticket holders. We must however keep in mind the time of year and the influence of pay day. So, if you can, and indeed anyone else reading please bring our Campaign to the attention of as many fellow Hibees as possible.

As always please feel free to get in touch if you want any further or specific information.

Hibernian Supporters

That’s the polite response I expected rather than the “we’ve already told you” one I got previously from your marketing man, so thanks.

That target audience you mention is the big one as that’s where most of the apathy towards HSL is Im sure you agree. Probably also amongst ST holders too as I’m sure the numbers of those and the D/D numbers contributing don’t compare and never have since HSL inception, unlike the success other clubs may have had who I know HSL admire from a distance.

I’m really keen to see the impact the initiative, £100k drive, call it what you will, has on this months figures whenever they arrive as it will be pretty disappointing to you and the rest of us if it’s not significant.
    In saying this Mrs Pope gave the baws of Mr Pope a leathering when topping up an already significant monthly contribution of six years standing.

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    Hi Iggy

The badges were fantastic, as were the HSL scarves before them.
    I think there might be a little market there for HSL goods.

What do you think?
    Not for this thread, but I always thought there was scope for something.
    It’s the volunteers that do the running though and it’s not easy.

That’s the polite response I expected rather than the “we’ve already told you” one I got previously from your marketing man, so thanks.
    Ah, so you only asked in order to make snide remarks online. Glad I entertained your questioning.

I actually took some time out of my evening to answer your question, by sourcing the original answer (which was still correct), and adding a line to reiterate the point and explain that nothing had changed on that front. You've somehow found a way to take that personally, which is quite remarkable.

HSL Tweet.

Anyway, here's another Tweet with links for anybody looking to contribute, regardless of whether you've signed up with HSL previously or not.

Would be a welcomed boost ahead of the semi! Superb to see the support for it thus far.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can’t believe that a positive initiative to raise money for the club has been reduced to petty bickering. Can we not just get behind this and help to promote it.

United we stand here....

Ah, so you only asked in order to make snide remarks online. Glad I entertained your questioning.

I actually took some time out of my evening to answer your question, by sourcing the original answer (which was still correct), and adding a line to reiterate the point and explain that nothing had changed on that front. You've somehow found a way to take that personally, which is quite remarkable.
    Remarkable indeed. Snide remarks? I placed my post on here, wide open. If it had been snide I’d be hiding it from you, anything else more sinister then I’m sure it would have been deleted.
    I didn’t like your first response to my post #150 and I responded as much. You may have taken time out or whatever but you did so by replying to a question I was asking of someone else so you brought that inconvenience on yourself.
    I didn’t know you were HSL marketing until later in the discussion.
    I’ve slept on it and I found your first answer a tad smart ass given you were effectively corresponding with a customer yet here we are discussing it again. It would be better for you, me and all of us if it stopped no matter whether you are speaking now in your HSL capacity (and I hope you aren’t) or as an Admin.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can’t believe that a positive initiative to raise money for the club has been reduced to petty bickering. Can we not just get behind this and help to promote it.
    I am with you lord bunberry

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    I am with you lord bunberry
    Likewise.

Link above to the tweet, plus a new thread on the main forum from HibsTalk, featuring Jim (Official HSL) as guest. Well worth a watch/listen for anybody interested.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

Surely we all want the same outcome here - a cash injection to the club that could potentially help us secure a signing to help win a trophy?

I think everyone's intentions are good here, I don't think anyone's looking to sabotage anything so would be good to see some more good news coming through on this and posts where folk have contributed as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net