hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    First Team Breakthrough

Annual accounts

Have the accounts for the last financial year been issued. I have the accounts to 2nd July 2019 but not to end of June 2020.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have the accounts for the last financial year been issued. I have the accounts to 2nd July 2019 but not to end of June 2020.
    The Club?

Not yet. Will probably be a while. They don't have to be lodged until the summer.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I don’t feel jittery. I have confidence that Ron Gordon is a decent guy, and therefore there is no reason for concern. By all accounts his investment in Hibs is secure and he’s not trying to leverage it into some high risk venture that could imperil the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Why would I be jittery? We have an owner who has invested in our club, is guiding us through the most difficult financial situations in decades. The chances are we will be even stronger going forward
    Jittery in as much as a lot of the narrative in these recent posts takes me back to a time when the front pages were getting read before the back pages. Bad memories, for me anyway, you guys less so obviously.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The uptake simply wasn’t quick enough to reach that 25% threshold for a board member to represent HSL. Then Ron bought into the club and paused the share purchase scheme, which he was entitled to do.

I bet Ron would like to know who owns the 10% too and would probably buy those shares if he could. As none of us know who it is, let’s assume for now it is a benign factor - perhaps just a very wealthy Hibs fan who doesn’t want to run the club but wanted to ensure it is protected from predators.
    Maybe I’m wrong but I didn’t think the 10% was a single nominee holding. I had assume it was a sign it number of different nominee holdings that made up the 10% ergo a variety of individuals not just one person....

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Maybe I’m wrong but I didn’t think the 10% was a single nominee holding. I had assume it was a sign it number of different nominee holdings that made up the 10% ergo a variety of individuals not just one person....
    It's not.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's not.
    Thought as much. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Just to show the potential with this kind of thing, over 2000 Hearts fans bought tickets for Inverness this week. Not even their own club.

I’m sure the tickets weren’t close to £25, but still shows what can be achieved if receive gets behind something.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Just to show the potential with this kind of thing, over 2000 Hearts fans bought tickets for Inverness this week. Not even their own club.

I’m sure the tickets weren’t close to £25, but still shows what can be achieved if receive gets behind something.
    Why?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Why?
    didn’t Inverness back them last summer? I can’t even remember

That’s due to them having some massive chip on their shoulder about the rest of the league, and ICT backing them both in the summer and in 2013 when they were about to go under. Shameless.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That’s due to them having some massive chip on their shoulder about the rest of the league, and ICT backing them both in the summer and in 2013 when they were about to go under. Shameless.
    ive always quite liked ICT. May have to rethink that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I know, but it shows what can be achieved. (I think the tickets were a fiver or a tenner for one signed by John Roberson, so not exactly comparable to HS’s campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    ive always quite liked ICT. May have to rethink that.
    Jambo welt as CEO, Jambo welt as manager, let Butcher come to us. Aye no fond of them myself. Far prefer County.

What point are you trying to make? I couldn't care less what they are up to.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    "Just to show the potential with this kind of thing..."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Showing that there is potential in this kind of idea if everyone gets behind it.

Showing that there is potential in this kind of idea if everyone gets behind it.
    We all saw the potential with the semi final campaign.

I'm not sure what you have achieved by pointing out 2000 pricks with massive chips on their shoulder?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We all saw the potential with the semi final campaign.

I'm not sure what you have achieved by pointing out 2000 pricks with massive chips on their shoulder?
    Doesn’t matter the reason but if there’s a common narrative that chimes with supporters they will buy in. (just so happens they buy in to a sense of injustice & spite 😉)

A renewed campaign that would help in funding a contract for Jackson Irvine (and others) would incentivise I'm sure!

First Team Breakthrough
    Good good point Matty.

I get your post. It's about the power of the collective. Shows what can be harnessed by a group acting as one.
    HSL have done a brilliant job in getting some funds into the club and without doubt it's showing in the calibre of player we now have on the park.

For anyone saying they are not interested in what Hearts are doing I would urge them to look at it very very carefully.
    If they manage to really get their act together, then all the money that they receive from fans might come back to haunt us big time.
    I have lived through us dominating them mid 60s to early 80s but also lived through 22 games in a row when we couldn't beat them and two Hampden Hidings.
    Not nice.

Lets get the 4000 great Hibernians to 6000 and then 8000 !

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    Good good point Matty.

I get your post. It's about the power of the collective. Shows what can be harnessed by a group acting as one.
    HSL have done a brilliant job in getting some funds into the club and without doubt it's showing in the calibre of player we now have on the park.

For anyone saying they are not interested in what Hearts are doing I would urge them to look at it very very carefully.
    If they manage to really get their act together, then all the money that they receive from fans might come back to haunt us big time.
    I have lived through us dominating them mid 60s to early 80s but also lived through 22 games in a row when we couldn't beat them and two Hampden Hidings.
    Not nice.

Lets get the 4000 great Hibernians to 6000 and then 8000 !

Good post Danish John, what you have said was in the back of my mind when I was maybe the first person a few days ago to stick my head above the parapet and say I was a little disappointed with the total we raised in the campaign.

I hate praising them, but it’s an undeniable fact that if they ever get someone competent to run the club, they will sadly have much more spend on players than we do (and that’s without the sugar daddy’s cash) in the long run.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    The more money our club gets the more ability it will have to sign better players. Our neighbours continue to show they are able to raise a lot of money through their foundation to support their club in signing players

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Good post Danish John, what you have said was in the back of my mind when I was maybe the first person a few days ago to stick my head above the parapet and say I was a little disappointed with the total we raised in the campaign.

I hate praising them, but it’s an undeniable fact that if they ever get someone competent to run the club, they will sadly have much more spend on players than we do (and that’s without the sugar daddy’s cash) in the long run.
    They’re going to be fan owned, nothing to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    They’re going to be fan owned, nothing to worry about!
    This is true, could be a highly amusing sh**storm, if Annie ever let’s them get the reigns, which she probably quite sensibly seems reluctant to do.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    This is true, could be a highly amusing sh**storm, if Annie ever let’s them get the reigns, which she probably quite sensibly seems reluctant to do.
    Long May Annie keep the reigns, she’s doing a fine job

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Long May Annie keep the reigns, she’s doing a fine job
    A perfect example of what can be achieved with all that money we keep hearing about, when the single tier, horrendously over budget, overdue stand is finally finished they'll be unstoppable.

They might even avoid relegation this time around.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    "Just to show the potential with this kind of thing..."
    I agree they are so used to shelling out money it comes naturally hence Budge taps the well at the drop of a hat
    With us a big effort gets a certain amount of return but we haven’t yet found a way to tap into the wider support
    But onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk