hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 234 of 234
  1. #211
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Current position is unsustainable. As soon as the majority of adults are vaccinated in the Uk, and hospitalisations & death rates drop, the population will simply stop listening. Covid is likely to be around us for years to come and we'll all just have to live with it. If that means many of us getting mildly sick from time to time, then so be it.

    Moving between countries and holidaying abroad may be a different matter..
    I think Iím with you there. The population, generally, has been incredibly good at keeping to the rules but the vaccine has to be a game changer in so many ways. Not immediately but, as you say, when the rates start to nose dive and people are showing signs of not becoming seriously ill, the economy must be given a chance to get moving again and people have to be able to get back to something like normal.

    But regardless of that, if Hibs are in Europe from a third place standpoint, I suspect a large number of supporters will be backing the effort with a season ticket purchase.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 10-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bought a ST for this season knowing there would be little to no chance of attending games. Fortunate to be able to and so will renew continuously as long as I am working.
    I wonder how many people would have done likewise if last June they knew what they now know.

  4. #213
    Wonder if they will wait with the ST announcements as obviously getting 3rd and into Europe will sell more.

    Havenít seen any clubs in the U.K. advertise for next season yet as obviously so many unknowns still.

  5. #214
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder if they will wait with the ST announcements as obviously getting 3rd and into Europe will sell more.

    Havenít seen any clubs in the U.K. advertise for next season yet as obviously so many unknowns still.
    Aye going to be interesting to see what the first club to do so are offering - donít envy the marketing team this job tbh

  6. #215
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,215
    Just checked and 9 March was the date last year on which seasons went on sale. So itíll be interesting to see whether that remains the case this year.

  7. #216
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checked and 9 March was the date last year on which seasons went on sale. So itíll be interesting to see whether that remains the case this year.
    Was there confirmation of that date and prices in advance? I'm assuming there was and probably before this point last year.

    I don't expect Hibs to rush this through though.
    Mon the Hibs.

  8. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there confirmation of that date and prices in advance? I'm assuming there was and probably before this point last year.

    I don't expect Hibs to rush this through though.
    9th March was when the prices were announced, they went on sale on 27th March.

  9. #218
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    448
    Me and family of 4 will renew no matter what but I understand itís down to what personal financial circumstances for each person when it comes down to the matter of numbers usually itís a feel good factor situation the numbers in the past few season have been phenomenal to say the least if you add the possibility of ending 3rd in the league and a spell of European football think even in these trying times our sales could rocket

  10. #219
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9th March was when the prices were announced, they went on sale on 27th March.


    Finger on the pulse as always SDG.
    Mon the Hibs.

  11. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Finger on the pulse as always SDG.
    The only reason I remember was because we went into lockdown on 23rd March and I remember a debate on here about whether Hibs would still decide to continue with the plan to start selling season tickets a few days after the season had been paused and the lockdown had been announced and so there was so much uncertainty about the future of fans at football.

  12. #221
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9th March was when the prices were announced, they went on sale on 27th March.
    Yup youíre spot on!

  13. #222
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me and family of 4 will renew no matter what but I understand itís down to what personal financial circumstances for each person when it comes down to the matter of numbers usually itís a feel good factor situation the numbers in the past few season have been phenomenal to say the least if you add the possibility of ending 3rd in the league and a spell of European football think even in these trying times our sales could rocket
    I like the sound of a season ticket with a Europa League supplement on offer!

  14. #223
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    471
    Hopefully we will have the same dates as down south for coming out of lockdown.
    They are talking about crowds of 10000 before end of season and no restrictions from around 21st June , that would help with with season ticket sales .

  15. #224
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,615
    Iím hoping we donít have to watch the Malaprop sisters, in the season ticket ad

  16. #225
    Might only be season ticket holders allowed in for the first 2-3 months if reduced capacity which may encourage folk to renew

  17. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím hoping we donít have to watch the Malaprop sisters, in the season ticket ad

    oooft, forgot about that, thanks/no thanks

  18. #227
    After shelling out for 4 Season tickets this season and declining the refund from last season. Add the 4 Hibs tops purchased 2 home and 2 away for the kids plus some training gear. It looks like next season I won't be able to justify buying the 4 tickets again unless there will be fans back by early next season.
    Some hard choices to be made in my family.
    Hopefully fans will be back and i can renew.

  19. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might only be season ticket holders allowed in for the first 2-3 months if reduced capacity which may encourage folk to renew
    In England, is all goes to plan, 10k crowds from 17 May. And from 21 June

    "The fourth step will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs."

    My reading of that is, no restriction on crowds indoors or out.

    As long as Scotland don't get too cute, we could see full stadia from June onwards, perfect timing for Euro matches and the new season.

  20. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In England, is all goes to plan, 10k crowds from 17 May. And from 21 June

    "The fourth step will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs."

    My reading of that is, no restriction on crowds indoors or out.

    As long as Scotland don't get too cute, we could see full stadia from June onwards, perfect timing for Euro matches and the new season.
    Hopefully mate 👍

  21. #230
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully we will have the same dates as down south for coming out of lockdown.
    They are talking about crowds of 10000 before end of season and no restrictions from around 21st June , that would help with with season ticket sales .
    Doubtful

  22. #231
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,215
    Suggestion in this morningís English press that limited crowds may be back for the last day of the season.

  23. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suggestion in this morningís English press that limited crowds may be back for the last day of the season.
    Yes 17th May up to 10,000 fans may be able to attend football matches in England.

    I'd be surprised if it's that early up here to be honest.

  24. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder how many people would have done likewise if last June they knew what they now know.
    I bought my first season ticket last year and didnít expect to sit in my seat during this season. As I live on the west coast Iíve seen more games this season than ever before. Now fully addicted and looking forward renewing ST and to more travel to my home town next season.

  25. #234
    First Team Regular G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    G15
    Age
    43
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully mate 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubtful
    I'm feeling both of these right now

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)