hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Only going to renew if we are back in stadiums. The £400 + paid this year to watch some of the performances / David Tanner + Hibs tv where it’s a minute behind the stream that I actually see a goal on soccer Saturday in our game before it happens has put me right off

The coverage is shocking and it’s no way worth £400

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs problem is that, although we get a good number of STs, we will never be competing with Rangers or Celtic for players and that (usually) mean they will be 20/30+ points better off in a season.

So we operate in a broadly similar market to other teams in the league. Yes, we pay more than a St Johnstone or Livingston, but the differential doesn't give us enough of an edge in player quality.

So, we have a big relative support in our division, but basically the best we can hope for is occasional euro football and less frequently a cup.

It's not much of a marketing campaign, but it's the truth of being a Hibs (or Aberdeen) fan right now.
    All the more reason for the football to be entertaining and exciting, something we don’t see enough of under Ross. Those few months under Lennon when ER had big crowds, the football was great to watch I honestly wasn’t that bothered if we finished 2nd or 4th. I just loved going to the games because it was thoroughly enjoyable.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    All the more reason for the football to be entertaining and exciting, something we don’t see enough of under Ross. Those few months under Lennon when ER had big crowds, the football was great to watch I honestly wasn’t that bothered if we finished 2nd or 4th. I just loved going to the games because it was thoroughly enjoyable.
    Yes, watching us play just now is sucking the enjoyment out of football for me.

I started learning electric guitar during the first lockdown and it has given me a lot more enjoyment than watching the crap fare we have served up this season.

Days like today will have a lot of people question their ST spend - especially when for many their income has been hit.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’ve been a season ticket holder for years, I’ve got my boy his season ticket for probably about the last 3 or 4 years (he’s only 7).

I’ve tried to justify spending loads in Hibs since the start of the lockdown by buying utter ***** in all honesty most months. I’m really doubting whether I’ll renew next season or not though, it’s not all down to Ross, I’ve started my own business and it’s got off to a slower start than I would have liked. I still could get one for me snd my boy but I’m just really struggling to justify it. I used to always look at old boys in the pub and other places and wonder how they fell out of love with the club but I really fear I’m heading that direction myself.

I can’t stand this Hibs team, I think the manager is ***** and the team is garbage, even if we are doing alright in the league. if the plan is just to scrape third or fourth (like Aberdeen have) while sacrificing any attempt to play entertaining football maybe it’s just my time to step aside like these old boys in the pub have done in the last as that’s just not for me.

If season ticket went in sale tomorrow I’d find it the easiest thing in the world not to renew, I hope I snap out of that attitude before next season starts.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’ll almost cerftianky Renew. No matter what although I feel I shouldn’t of that’s what we are going to witness, also difficult to justify unless fans are back in stadiums

We will always have a hardcore of about 8000 no matter what the big problem is keeping and or attracting new ones.. Ron has a big problem on his hands soon.. I hope he has the answers

Happily renewed for this season to support the club and in expectation of seeing some football at ER. Also thought Jack Ross deserved support, as well as the new owner.

All that has gone.

It will be many months before any of us will be allowed back in to watch live football but frankly, some of the garbage I've seen on TV from this Hibs team is not worth the effort. The team is a rabble who look as if they get together once a week for a kick about.

First Team Breakthrough
    Any chance the club will roll over the season tickets to next year?

Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    No chance, can’t afford it.

None at all I would have thought.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Not so much the results but the overall drudgery of the football makes it very unlikely that I'll renew. But there again I've said that before .

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Only going to renew if we are back in stadiums. The £400 + paid this year to watch some of the performances / David Tanner + Hibs tv where it’s a minute behind the stream that I actually see a goal on soccer Saturday in our game before it happens has put me right off

The coverage is shocking and it’s no way worth £400
    It’s not meant to be worth £400. The club is trying their hardest to work round a really unpredictable set of circumstances. If you expected £400 worth of studio product, then maybe you should find a different hobby.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Absolutely none. Our player salaries and utility bills don’t just get stretched out over two seasons as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve been a season ticket holder for years, I’ve got my boy his season ticket for probably about the last 3 or 4 years (he’s only 7).

I’ve tried to justify spending loads in Hibs since the start of the lockdown by buying utter ***** in all honesty most months. I’m really doubting whether I’ll renew next season or not though, it’s not all down to Ross, I’ve started my own business and it’s got off to a slower start than I would have liked. I still could get one for me snd my boy but I’m just really struggling to justify it. I used to always look at old boys in the pub and other places and wonder how they fell out of love with the club but I really fear I’m heading that direction myself.

I can’t stand this Hibs team, I think the manager is ***** and the team is garbage, even if we are doing alright in the league. if the plan is just to scrape third or fourth (like Aberdeen have) while sacrificing any attempt to play entertaining football maybe it’s just my time to step aside like these old boys in the pub have done in the last as that’s just not for me.

If season ticket went in sale tomorrow I’d find it the easiest thing in the world not to renew, I hope I snap out of that attitude before next season starts.
    Yes but you know that your loyalty to the club will kick in, alongside your not wanting to lose that view you’ve enjoyed of the park. It’s in your blood, you’ll renew like the rest of us 🤗

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    100% renewing. GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member
    Of course I’m renewing . I am fortunate I can afford to and I’m a Hibs fan through thick and thin - why wouldn’t I ?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    I'll inevitably renew out of blind loyalty but as things stand I genuinely dont fancy it. Its bad enough sitting in the house watching the boring pish football we've been playing recently, will be even worse on a baltic Tuesday night watching us leathering the ball up to Hamilton Accies centre backs for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    I'll inevitably renew out of blind loyalty but as things stand I genuinely dont fancy it. Its bad enough sitting in the house watching the boring pish football we've been playing recently, will be even worse on a baltic Tuesday night watching us leathering the ball up to Hamilton Accies centre backs for 90 minutes.

Oct -2: Hibs 3, Hamilton 2

Dec-12: Hamilton 0, Hibs 4

Should have chose a better example

Like others I'm fortunate to be able to afford the season ticket I look at it as a donation!

This year the Football on show has been poor, along with the production of the MATCH program . The commentary for me could be better you can tell its based for radio more than TV.

I think due to the pandemic Hibs need to look at the product being supplied as we're paying top money.

Oh the joys of being a Hibs fan .

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Oct -2: Hibs 3, Hamilton 2

Dec-12: Hamilton 0, Hibs 4

Should have chose a better example

*****, amateur stuff on my part

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    We will always have a hardcore of about 8000 no matter what the big problem is keeping and or attracting new ones.. Ron has a big problem on his hands soon.. I hope he has the answers
    I've been one of those 8000 for 42 consecutive years. I'll likely renew again but my enthusiasm for the club is definitely waning.

The calibre of our current manager and group of players is certainly nowhere near as bad as some of the dross I've seen during that time. However, presently the club is afflicted by a lack of leadership both on and off the park. Perhaps this is partly due to the vacuum caused by not replacing our CEO, but one thing's for sure, the players are lacking motivation, belief and inspiration. As a result, the club and team appear to have reverted to having a soft core again, which we looked to be getting rid of during the Stubbs and Lennon eras.

First Team Regular
    I will fork out again unless someone gives me a pill that will eradicate Hibs from my brain. Fortunately as an OAP I pay 50% less than younger supporters. I am very unhappy with the players performances at both semi finals but that is Hibs. They usually disappoint. Since 1956 when I became a Hibs supporter,we have won a major trophy on an average of once in every 16 years. When ER opens up for supporters I will as usual do a 130 mile round trip for most home games. At my age and the recent poor standard of football it will be a struggle to get motivated. Next season will be my last unless there is a significant change in attitude and performance with players. By the way,when the Glasgow Herald was a decent newspaper their editor Arnold Kemp,a great Hibby said of Hibs " we go in hope rather than expectation".

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I've been one of those 8000 for 42 consecutive years. I'll likely renew again but my enthusiasm for the club is definitely waning.

The calibre of our current manager and group of players is certainly nowhere near as bad as some of the dross I've seen during that time. However, presently the club is afflicted by a lack of leadership both on and off the park. Perhaps this is partly due to the vacuum caused by not replacing our CEO, but one thing's for sure, the players are lacking motivation, belief and inspiration. As a result, the club and team appear to have reverted to having a soft core again, which we looked to be getting rid of during the Stubbs and Lennon eras.
    I’d like the CEO job filled ASAP, however can hardly say we have a lack of leadership. RG has led us outstandingly well through the most difficult period of our 145 year history. A few bad results on the park doesn’t change that. Could it be better? Absolutely. But we’re far from a rudderless ship.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55871217

A heavily caveated “could be” with regard to the possibility of crowds returning in September.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55871217

A heavily caveated “could be” with regard to the possibility of crowds returning in September.
    I’m really pretty devastated that we’re talking about September before some people are possibly back.

Went for a walk round Easter road the other day and realised how much I miss it. I’m quite lucky in that mental health problems aren’t something that’s really ever effected me but I almost found myself getting a bit emotional about it.

I’d really thought once the vaccine started to get rolled out, the most vulnerable people would stop dying and things would start to return to normal again. Maybe I was being naive but I thought we’d definitely be back by the summer, to hear we’ve probably got the best part of another year of this is really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    Buy 3 tickets and give 2 away to those less fortunate �� out of interest will you still renew if fans aren’t allowed back still ?
    Yes, without doubt. Hibs have been around for 140 years. I'm not going to be part of the fanbase that finished them. Club needs me and all those who can help.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 30-01-2021 at 06:36 PM.

I’m really pretty devastated that we’re talking about September before some people are possibly back.

Went for a walk round Easter road the other day and realised how much I miss it. I’m quite lucky in that mental health problems aren’t something that’s really ever effected me but I almost found myself getting a bit emotional about it.

I’d really thought once the vaccine started to get rolled out, the most vulnerable people would stop dying and things would start to return to normal again. Maybe I was being naive but I thought we’d definitely be back by the summer, to hear we’ve probably got the best part of another year of this is really depressing.
    And September's probably just when some fans will return. I think it will be sometime during 2022 before we're back to full capacity.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    And September's probably just when some fans will return. I think it will be sometime during 2022 before we're back to full capacity.
    Aye. Have heard 'could' so often over the last 10 months or so to realise it tends to mean 'won't'.

I climb up on Arthur's Seat every day just so I can look down on the stadium and I want to get back in there as soon as possible to watch Nisbet for real and speak to all the wonderful Hibees I know.

We need to remain positive Bingo. It is beginning to turn, from a very great height I grant you.
    Today the new case number dropped under 1000. It's been a long time since we broke that barrier.
    Next number we need to see falling is hospital numbers which is coming down painfully slow.
    The numbers will fall and the old spuds will continue to get injected and the death numbers will plummet.
    Another 6 weeks and we might start to see the wood from the trees.

Those Hibs supporters that can, need to help Ron keep the plates spinning by buying season tickets.
    Think the club should hold the launch back until things look a whole lot better though.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 31-01-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Target for September should be to get all our season ticket holders into the 4 stands for 2 out of 3 games initially. Whether it is possible is a total guess but I am hopeful and being positive given we will all be vaccinated.
    Hope 10,000 of us can afford to buy ST's.
    No away supporters next season.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 31-01-2021 at 10:14 AM.