hibs.net Messageboard

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1384
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not just the old ones talk nonsense
    Us oldies talk better nonsense because we've more experience
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Older folk being fully vaxed doesn't necessarily protect them. They are only really protected when all the younger people are also vaxed.
    Then were never going to be fully protected because there is zero chance everyone will get vaxed .

Ive had my two doses and happy to take my chances with any un vaxed out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    That will surely end once fans return
    Wouldn't think it will end until there are no restriction on numbers.Might never go back to a whole team using one dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    That will surely end once fans return
    Only once all fans return and social distancing is scrapped I would have thought.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    https://ictfc.com/season-tickets-2021-22-update

Saw this on the Caley website, Hibs would surely be notified on this too
    ICT’s capacity is around 7711 seats

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    https://ictfc.com/season-tickets-2021-22-update

Saw this on the Caley website, Hibs would surely be notified on this too
    ICT’s capacity is around 7711 seats
    I think that those are the standard numbers without further permissions. I suspect that we will be speaking to the council about higher numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    I think that those are the standard numbers without further permissions. I suspect that we will be speaking to the council about higher numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As Edinburgh's in level 2 just now we'll be able to have a maximum of 500 fans in attendance, possibly more with the agreement of the council/Scottish Government.

Lot of time to go before the start of the next season. Hopefully, the worst of the current Indian variant will be past us and we will be in a better place.......... hopefully

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    As Edinburgh's in level 2 just now we'll be able to have a maximum of 500 fans in attendance, possibly more with the agreement of the council/Scottish Government.
    Still worrying though, as it stands

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Still worrying though, as it stands
    Absolutely.

I think full capacity, or anything like it, by August is fantasy land.

Coaching Staff
    I'll gamble on there being significantly more allowed at both Easter Road and Tynecastle. There will be a multi-agency event and planning group as you rightly point out which will look at Hibs and Hearts fixtures together and come to an agreed figure based on capacity and layout of both stadia and risk management plans.

I'll go for around 4000/5000 maximum attendance at the first games for both clubs. They are allowing 16,500 at the Lions game at Murrayfield later this month which is around 25% of their capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'll gamble on there being significantly more allowed at both Easter Road and Tynecastle. There will be a multi-agency event and planning group as you rightly point out which will look at Hibs and Hearts fixtures together and come to an agreed figure based on capacity and layout of both stadia and risk management plans.

I'll go for around 4000/5000 maximum attendance at the first games for both clubs. They are allowing 16,500 at the Lions game at Murrayfield later this month which is around 25% of their capacity.
    Fingers crossed - you've got a bit more faith than me!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely.

I think full capacity, or anything like it, by August is fantasy land.
    Hibs better get onto upgrading the HibsTV, TheMatch and other interactions with fans then.

Obviously not Hibs fault but another season of very little to no matches at stadiums again will decimate our ST numbers. Same with all clubs.

If we don’t get most home fans back sometime around August/September we’ll not be in ER this year in my opinion. Winter will likely see yet another spike as we tend to open up, have a party, have a lockdown, open up, have a party…

We’re seeing another wave approach but Euros hasn’t been cancelled. Just asking people not to travel.

One last blast before a lockdown, much like the last time. “Behave yourself…please” is a great rousing call.

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone think we will actually see full capacity before the end of season 2021/22?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Does anyone think we will actually see full capacity before the end of season 2021/22?
    Nope. Also don’t think we’ll see anything more than 25% at any point throughout the season.

There’s very little appetite within Scotland to get fans back into football imo. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of clubs would rather stay closed doors unless it’s full capacity. Probably costs them less. They’ve already got the ST money, actually allowing the fans in with heavily reduced capacity will cost the clubs a hell of a lot of money from this point compared to having nobody in. There’ll be no additional revenue to be made and big operating costs.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 09-06-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Then were never going to be fully protected because there is zero chance everyone will get vaxed .

Ive had my two doses and happy to take my chances with any un vaxed out there.
    No, but it's important we get a significant percentage of each cohort double vaccinated to break the chain of transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Nope. Also don’t think we’ll see anything more than 25% at any point throughout the season.

There’s very little appetite within Scotland to get fans back into football imo. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of clubs would rather stay closed doors unless it’s full capacity. Probably costs them less. They’ve already got the ST money, actually allowing the fans in with heavily reduced capacity will cost the clubs a hell of a lot of money from this point compared to having nobody in. There’ll be no additional revenue to be made and big operating costs.
    Then how do lower league clubs survive? Those that don’t sell thousands of season tickets and rely on match day revenue. How some haven’t already gone knackers up is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Calmbegbie View Post
    Then how do lower league clubs survive? Those that don’t sell thousands of season tickets and rely on match day revenue. How some haven’t already gone knackers up is amazing
    I would presume their running costs will be based around the amount of season tickets they usually sell? Basically just the exact same way we’ve survived but on a much smaller scale.

In some ways these clubs will potentially have had it even easier than the bigger clubs. With most of them only ever giving out one year contracts they would have been able to start with a clean slate and assemble as cheap a squad as possible last summer if needed. Not something that clubs like us who hand out 3 and 4 year contracts will have had.

I would presume their running costs will be based around the amount of season tickets they usually sell? Basically just the exact same way we’ve survived but on a much smaller scale.

In some ways these clubs will potentially have had it even easier than the bigger clubs. With most of them only ever giving out one year contracts they would have been able to start with a clean slate and assemble as cheap a squad as possible last summer if needed.
    Cheers for the answer mate, not pretending I’m an expert on finances I just can’t get my head around how they are surviving.

This is on the money. The only hope is that letting at least 25% in will encourage more uptake of seasons and perhaps more knowledge of the virus will mean less fear of picking it up off surfaces which might mean less cleaning of stuff in the open air is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Calmbegbie View Post
    Cheers for the answer mate, not pretending I’m an expert on finances I just can’t get my head around how they are surviving.
    I’m no expert either and what I have said could potentially be completely wrong

I’m surprised every team has survived this long as well tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This is on the money. The only hope is that letting at least 25% in will encourage more uptake of seasons and perhaps more knowledge of the virus will mean less fear of picking it up off surfaces which might mean less cleaning of stuff in the open air is required.
    Someone put something up on here when there was talk of making £5m from European group stage football that it cost something like over £100k to host a game at ER with fans in normal circumstances. If that figure is correct, with all the extra work needing done to keep it ‘safe’ and no extra income I’m not sure that many teams will be in a rush to spend £2m+ a year for nothing extra in return that they’re not spending just now.

Someone put something up on here when there was talk of making £5m from European group stage football that it cost something like over £100k to host a game at ER with fans in normal circumstances. If that figure is correct, with all the extra work needing done to keep it ‘safe’ and no extra income I’m not sure that many teams will be in a rush to spend £2m+ a year for nothing extra in return that they’re not spending just now.
    I can only assume that figure includes player and staff wages which have to be paid anyway. I can’t believe it would be £100K extra to stage a game with fans present. I am frequently wrong though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I can only assume that figure includes player and staff wages which have to be paid anyway. I can’t believe it would be £100K extra to stage a game with fans present. I am frequently wrong though.
    Possibly although it would seem a strange thing to include! I’ve no idea tbh, the poster seemed to know what he was talking about though so I just believed them

Either way, staging a game with fans still comes with significant costs.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I'd like to think so but I don't think anyone can really answer that right now.

I think social distancing measures will be in place, to some extent, for a long time yet.

Possibly although it would seem a strange thing to include! I’ve no idea tbh, the poster seemed to know what he was talking about though so I just believed them

Either way, staging a game with fans still comes with significant costs.
    It comes with costs that Season Ticket holders have already covered. I just want to get back to the fitba.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

I agree - and it makes sense of why none of the clubs were pushing for crowds to be back after about October last season.

Season ticket holders who have had both jags for at least two weeks should get access into specific stands with the other stands left for those who have had one jag for at least three weeks to have socially distanced access.

That would allow almost all season ticket holders into Easter Road in August.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-06-2021 at 11:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Humza Yousaf has just advised that fans being in a stadium is a “low risk event”

Is this only for the two weeks the euros are on? Surely must mean there’s stopping us from returning in some capacity?

Their tune has changed very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Humza Yousaf has just advised that fans being in a stadium is a “low risk event”

Is this only for the two weeks the euros are on? Surely must mean there’s stopping us from returning in some capacity?

Their tune has changed very quickly.
    To be fair I think it was the fan zone event he described as "low risk" rather than attendance at the match itself.