hibs.net Messageboard

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1384
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9,500 sold now. Starting to slow up a little now.

Hopefully manage to hit 11k at some point. Wouldn’t be a bad amount considering
    Hopefully we'll see wee bursts of activity at month ends/pay days and with news of signings. 9.5k for early June is still pretty good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Have they released seats yet, for fans who haven’t renewed, or want to move
    Unsure. If not then that could push things on a bit

@hibs.net private member
    It’s just the end of the EB Billy - the seats are still allocated to those that bought last year.

You can email the club and ask for an area though I think - but if someone hadn’t renewed yet the seat is still in their name until the renewal period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hopefully we'll see wee bursts of activity at month ends/pay days and with news of signings. 9.5k for early June is still pretty good.
    Amazing really given there are no guarantees as it stands about when fans return and how many exactly will be allowed in. Fantastic if we end up with 11,000 season ticket holders given these factors

37,000 fans at the USA v Mexico game last night.

You would think the minimum allowed should be around 10,000 come middle of August.

As I said before would expect most to be double vaccinated by then - what’s the end goal ?!

This will be controversial but if we are restricted to less capacity than our season ticket holder numbers thought should be given to the season tickets for kids under 9 being suspended to allow as many other season ticket holders to attend as possible until allowable capacity grows.
    A lot of the really young kids that folk bring along have little interest in what is happening on the park and under the restriction in the stadium they won't be able to run about the place as they previously did. It is also unreasonable to expect young kids to sit on their seat for a couple of hours.

Tin hat on!

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This will be controversial but if we are restricted to less capacity than our season ticket holder numbers thought should be given to the season tickets for kids under 9 being suspended to allow as many other season ticket holders to attend as possible until allowable capacity grows.
    A lot of the really young kids that folk bring along have little interest in what is happening on the park and under the restriction in the stadium they won't be able to run about the place as they previously did. It is also unreasonable to expect young kids to sit on their seat for a couple of hours.

Tin hat on!
    Can't disagree with any of that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    9500 now sold according to Hibs twitter. Am I meant to now say something abusive to the twitter admin??!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

You would think the minimum allowed should be around 10,000 come middle of August.

As I said before would expect most to be double vaccinated by then - what’s the end goal ?!
    Every adult over the age of 18 should have been offered at least one dose by the end of July so we'll still be some way off everyone being fully protected by then.

I would think every adult will have had both doses by October.

Then we'll probably need to think about the boosters for the elderly population again.

I haven’t renewed yet Waiting till deadline date when you would loose your existing seat They haven’t given a date fir that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

In what capacity stadium? 37,000 would for example only be 40% capacity in a stadium of almost 100,000 capacity.
    As I said previously we need to hope we are allowed 50% capacity come the new season to allow even season ticket holders to attend.
    We already have almost 10,000 season ticket holders and there are still 8 weeks until the season starts.

Some other idea might be allowable e.g. allowing those who have had two jags to fill the East and West stands unrestricted whilst the FF with reduced capacity is for those who have had 1 jag and the South with reduced capacity would be for the young folk who have had no jags.
    Won't happen because it's too complicated but it would ensure we can at least get all our season ticket holders in and a quantity of home walk ups.
    However, we are running out of time and case numbers are taking off again. Everyone is watching to see if it results in high hospital numbers and deaths again and if it doesn't it may persuade the powers that be to allow football crowds back in high numbers again.

Given the current uncertainty I, like others, can't believe I have shelled out big bucks again without seeing it play out but that is the madness of supporting Hibs.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 07-06-2021 at 12:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member

Tin hat on!

Happy for them to suspend my kids' season tickets and refund the appropriate monies if it is widely accepted that this is the fairest way forward. I personally wouldn't go without them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable saying goodbye to them and heading off to the game, I don't think I would be able to justify why I was getting to go and they were not mind you.

In what capacity stadium? 37,000 would for example only be 40% capacity in a stadium of almost 100,000 capacity.
    As I said previously we need to hope we are allowed 50% capacity come the new season to allow even season ticket holders to attend.
    We already have almost 10,000 season ticket holders and there are still 8 weeks until the season starts.

Some other idea might be allowable e.g. allowing those who have had two jags to fill the East and West stands unrestricted whilst the FF with reduced capacity is for those who have had 1 jag and the South with reduced capacity would be for the young folk who have had no jags.
    Won't happen because it's too complicated but it would ensure we can at least get all our season ticket holders in and a quantity of home walk ups.
    However, we are running out of time and case numbers are taking off again. Everyone is watching to see if it results in high hospital numbers and deaths again and if itdoesn't it may persuade the powers that be to allow football crowds back in high numbers again.
    Empower Field at Mile High in Denver - 76,125 capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I haven’t renewed yet Waiting till deadline date when you would loose your existing seat They haven’t given a date fir that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They club said they will give a weeks notice as they did with the early bird.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Happy for them to suspend my kids' season tickets and refund the appropriate monies if it is widely accepted that this is the fairest way forward. I personally wouldn't go without them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable saying goodbye to them and heading off to the game, I don't think I would be able to justify why I was getting to go and they were not mind you.
    Yeah, I get that. I was just thinking aloud about how to get as many folk back in as possible.
    If it's any comfort it won't happen.

Next up someone will suggest a Hibs quiz to get entry during restricted capacity.
    Those season ticket holders with the most correct answers get entry until allowable capacity is used up
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 07-06-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Empower Field at Mile High in Denver - 76,125 capacity.
    So 50% capacity.
    Given the recklessness of the Americans you would imagine Scotland will struggle to allow a similar percentage by the end of July.
    Get the corners filled in now with temporary seating!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, I get that. I was just thinking aloud about how to get as many folk back in as possible.

Next up someone will suggest a Hibs quiz to get entry during restricted capacity.
    Those with the most correct answers get entry until allowable capacity is used up
    I think there would be more sense in stopping older folk going than youngsters.

However, we are running out of time and case numbers are taking off again. Everyone is watching to see if it results in high hospital numbers and deaths again and if it doesn't it may persuade the powers that be to allow football crowds back in high numbers again.

Given the current uncertainty I, like others, can't believe I have shelled out big bucks again without seeing it play out but that is the madness of supporting Hibs.
    Don’t see the South being available to fans as long as it’s used as an away team dressing room.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Its the older folk who are fully vaxed .

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don’t see the South being available to fans as long as it’s used as an away team dressing room.
    That will surely end once fans return

Nope square go offered over that one.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Why should the older ones be penalised

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Why should the younger ones? Don’t think either suggestion is workable.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Why should the younger ones? Don’t think either suggestion is workable.
    Exactly. I was just playing devils advocate. I simply wouldn’t go whilst my kids couldn’t. Splitting up families in terms of who can go would be the worst idea for me. We go as a team to support our team.

I’ve seen better behaved 9 year olds than some adults.

Surely they will start to resume to use the proper away dressing room
    and open the south stand. Worst case scenario add a porta cabin between the stands.

Would you feel safe attending a game having had 2 vaccines ?

Would you feel safe attending a game with 2 vaccines and others haven’t ?

They were discussing different scenarios on the radio this morning and most people said if they have both vaccinations they are happy to mix with those who haven’t.

Just to add my tuppence worth but if we get to normalish ST sales and stadium capacity is still limited to 50% spread across all 4 stands then those who have paid full whack should be prioritised over those on heavily discounted tickets...and away STs should miss out on all home games as they'll get tickets for all thd away games instead🙄😏😉

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Because they talk nonsense and smell of pee.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Its the older folk who are fully vaxed .
    Older folk being fully vaxed doesn't necessarily protect them. They are only really protected when all the younger people are also vaxed.

Those season ticket holders with the most correct answers get entry until allowable capacity is used up

if you are only allowed say 9000 how would this get as many folk in as possible ? if you dont let in 1000 kids and let in 1000 adults instead there will still be the same amount of people. just no kids.

If the club banned my kids i would think twice about buying the 3 kits for them and the other merchandice obviously down the pecking order with the club.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Not just the old ones talk nonsense