hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    At the moment our group of 5 will all renew , bit disappointed that it looks like we will not get in to Easter Road this season .
    Hopefully with the vaccine being rolled out we will get in next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious why you think this, what barriers will stop these kind of events if the vast majority of the population are vaccinated?
    Do you mean after the 2nd vaccination? Remember there's a three month gap between the two vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Curious why you think this, what barriers will stop these kind of events if the vast majority of the population are vaccinated?
    I think there will be some fans back by then but I just can't see there being unrestricted numbers attending mass gatherings at things like football matches.

I'd say it's unlikely everyone will be fully vaccinated by then and there will likely still need to be monitoring done on how long the vaccine protects us for.

Until we know the answers to that then I can't see how mass gatherings can go back to full normality.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    They need to rebrand it.

Hibs memberships

Play your part supporting the community team and the benefits this brings to others.

Would be happily if they offered various options for ways to follow the team including reserving a seat whether fans are allowed in or not.
    Very good idea.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would take them up on a Hibs pass offer for £15 with maybe one match for free or all cup ties in too or something like that. Another baby n February means an ST is out of the question but I might just be able to swing this.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I'd like to see the digital option continue once we're back in the stadium. Good for when you can't physically make the match

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I'd like to see the digital option continue once we're back in the stadium. Good for when you can't physically make the match
    I don't see how that will be financially viable for clubs once things do return to normality.

Once there's no longer any restrictions on household gatherings, you could potentially get, for example, 8 people round to watch the one stream whereas each of those 8 people would need to pay for a match ticket once we're back in the stadium.

Obviously not everyone would choose to watch the stream and many would prefer to go back to the games but I can't see how continuing with the streams would be anything other than a financial burden on the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Once we are back in the stadiums Sky will enforce their exclusive agreement again. It won’t be an option unfortunately.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Once we are back in the stadiums Sky will enforce their exclusive agreement again. It won’t be an option unfortunately.
    I guess they will but I actually think there should be some thought given to it. Perhaps there could be an away season ticket where you can buy only one clubs away games. The money for each game goes to the home club so the big away supported teams would still be ploughing cash in to the smaller clubs on a regular basis. I imagine those that go to lots of away games would still go and I suspect teams would end up with more income rather than less.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Hopefully Sky keep their streaming deals until stadiums are permitted to fill to capacity. With limited crowds it`s some consolation that those who can`t attend can still view at home on their ST.

I don`t think clubs could sell ST`s without guaranteeing fans can see home matches either in the stadium or via a televised feed. Supporters would find it hard to justify an outlay without getting anything in return other than simply donating funds.

I have been a Season ticket holder since seats went in the Terracing c1994. For c8 years before that I was PATG for the majority of home games.

While I could afford to renew, I am not sure if I have the same appetite as I used to have for football. I havent even watched all the games on Hibs Pass and find myself distracted to other things when I do.

If we are not back in grounds I suspect a large number will think long and hard before renewing and Hibs and other clubs will need to work hard. Maybe an option to pay a minimal fee to ensure you retain your seat for a season and a pay per view might be a way of keeping some income flow,

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I have been a Season ticket holder since seats went in the Terracing c1994. For c8 years before that I was PATG for the majority of home games.

While I could afford to renew, I am not sure if I have the same appetite as I used to have for football. I havent even watched all the games on Hibs Pass and find myself distracted to other things when I do.

If we are not back in grounds I suspect a large number will think long and hard before renewing and Hibs and other clubs will need to work hard. Maybe an option to pay a minimal fee to ensure you retain your seat for a season and a pay per view might be a way of keeping some income flow,
    Oddly i'm the exact opposite. I've been fortunate that Lockdown has been relatively positive but the 1 think i've missed was going to the Football. I can't wait to get back to Easter Road, Fortunately i'm in a position that i can and will renew our tickets next year too, even if we're not allowed back in straight away.

UPDATE: Sorry, I hadn't noticed somebody posted almost exactly the same earlier. Great minds think alike.

While it's highly unlikely anybody from Hibs will be reading this...

My proposal for next season would be for the club to create a Membership Card that entitles the holder to watch all games on HibsPass (same as this season) but with the explicit agreement of both parties that, if/when the fans are allowed back into the stadium, this is converted into a normal Season Ticket.

The Membership Pass should initially be a fixed price that would be equivalent to watching a certain amount of home games on TV, with the agreement that an additional amount will be paid by the cardholder based on the number of remaining games if/when it is finally converted into a Season Ticket.

For example: You pay an initial amount of £200 (based on sixteen games at £12.50 each). Then, if the return of fans is announced with 10 games still to play, you pay an additional £100 (equivalent to £10 extra per game).*

This would mean that nobody is paying over the odds for only watching the games on TV and people would also be able to reserve a particular seat in the stadium (which a number of people have expressed an interest in).

The above example would be for a full price Adult Season Ticket and the amount actually charged at each point is only an example, and would obviously be decided by the club.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 09-01-2021 at 10:18 AM.

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Wife has lost her job.
    I am back on furlough.
    Unless it improves quickly and drastically it unfortunately looks like for the first time in 21 years no season ticket for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    Wife has lost her job.
    I am back on furlough.
    Unless it improves quickly and drastically it unfortunately looks like for the first time in 21 years no season ticket for me.
    That's rotten news mate, I'm sure there's a lot of people up and down the country in the same position too. Hope your wife manages to get a job soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    Wife has lost her job.
    I am back on furlough.

Sorry to hear that.

Sadly, there's going to be a lot of people in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I wonder if we could do a sort of membership instead of a traditional season ticket.

Basically acknowledging times are tough for everyone and on the assumption a high number of fans won’t renew again without some light at the end of the runner re attending (and fair enough), we could sell a membership for £200. Then, when fans were guaranteed to return, we’d top up our membership with the outstanding amount of a season ticket, so £200/£250 ish.

So we’re almost trying to get more people paying a bit less on the assumption. that amounts to the same sort of intake as less paying the standard price.

Would also let people keep their seats.
    I think this is a pretty good idea and well worth considering, but whether Hibs, or for that matter any other club, would buy into it, is another thing.

like a few others i am able to afford my ticket i will be in my seat (hopefully)

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Cheers. House income currently at 55% of where we were this time last year.
    Just trying to remind positive!

QUOTE=Keith_M;6412140]Sorry to hear that.

Sadly, there's going to be a lot of people in a similar position.[/QUOTE]

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    UPDATE: Sorry, I hadn't noticed somebody posted almost exactly the same earlier. Great minds think alike.

My proposal for next season would be for the club to create a Membership Card that entitles the holder to watch all games on HibsPass (same as this season) but with the explicit agreement of both parties that, if/when the fans are allowed back into the stadium, this is converted into a normal Season Ticket.

The Membership Pass should initially be a fixed price that would be equivalent to watching a certain amount of home games on TV, with the agreement that an additional amount will be paid by the cardholder based on the number of remaining games if/when it is finally converted into a Season Ticket.

For example: You pay an initial amount of £200 (based on sixteen games at £12.50 each). Then, if the return of fans is announced with 10 games still to play, you pay an additional £100 (equivalent to £10 extra per game).*

This would mean that nobody is paying over the odds for only watching the games on TV and people would also be able to reserve a particular seat in the stadium (which a number of people have expressed an interest in).

The above example would be for a full price Adult Season Ticket and the amount actually charged at each point is only an example, and would obviously be decided by the club.
    Great minds. We can share the credit.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I think we have to sell as many season tickets as we can in the usual way or we are going to be looking at losing a fortune to the extent that we could not keep the squad going as we are.

Converting tickets also looks a bit of a logistical issue.

We will get some drop off, no doubt, but setting out that best case you are halving your income further would be hugely problematic.

Another idea...

Could sell ST as normal but also option to buy a ticket for season after or if you but for 21-22 you get a prize freeze for season after.

Several fans paid higher prices this season with no difference to those who paid lower and there has been no difference in what you get back.

Ok you keep your seat but there could easily be some good seats become available at the end of this season.

I still think a Hibs membership is way forward to generate more funds. There are fans who want to give more ££ but possibly they can’t except though HSL which they may not want to sign up for.

@hibs.net private member
    My heart goes out to those who find that financially, and understandably, they cannot commit to future STs. So this will be of little comfort, and I apologise, but I KNOW there are people out there who would spend MORE money on Hibs if they got a better 'experience'. Most of them are older and many are pensioned. They frankly admit that they are embarrassed to take the Senior discount (as with buspasses) for example. Please don't give me the cliche that 'they can pay full whack if they wish'. It doesn't work like that.

So we should be working now on some form of membership scheme, allied to STs but not compulsory. Allowing us old fertz (and many others) to spend money on matchdays. Preferably seamlessly, with a swipecard.

Create more indoor spaces, or at least heated spaces, with bars, decent catering and entertainment. Live music.....any music beyond the stadium piped stuff. Better screens for TV footy. Seating, even a bench, wow a luxury! I tend to meet mates in packed pubs 1 or 2 hours before KO, and visit the same places after the match. Why not spend our money in the stadium? So fresh beer doesn't keep between home games? Sell bottles of quality real ale and lager, not crappy fizz. Cater formally and casually for veggies. Ditto to attract more women. Create a range of options, not just 'corporate' or 'deep fat horseburger'. Let people choose their level of catering, game by game. Invite away fans to selected bars/areas, police it with a smile and take their cash. Yes, of course there are limitations here, but 500 St Mirren fans are welcome at £4 a pint. No probs with us spending at Livingston or St Johnstone. We seem to be remarkably shy in offering fans, especially our own, the opportunity to spend.

Before it's rant over.., I give generously to HSL because I can, and guys like Jim Adie and Daniel do a brill job in keeping me encouraged and updated. But it IS clunky in places (Franks? Disnae work) and it can feel a little remote, cold and underappreciated compared to other places I give dosh to. The kind and reassuring words I hear from these guys should be echoed and magnified by the Board at Albion Road. Not good enough, really, so what's their beef?
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 09-01-2021 at 11:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Thankfully the ST money for this season remains untouched by the club which was a very sensible decision.

This season was a push for me and I got my grandbairn her first season ticket but there's no way I can justify doing the same again without the gaurentee of getting in with full attendances. Big ask I know but I reckon next season will be the final nail in a lot of clubs coffins if we can't get fans back in by September

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Thankfully the ST money for this season remains untouched by the club which was a very sensible decision.

WOW! Is the cost of staff/ground upkeep etc. all covered by tv money and PPV then? If the club have managed this without touching the ST money then I take my hat off to all concerned.

I have had thoughts myself regarding a club membership scheme being offered initially and topped up as the situation (hopefully) changes. Such a scheme, detailed by others in earlier posts in this thread, could maximise potential income on a sliding scale and would surely appeal to most current ST holders.

Eh? Is that true. How are we paying the players etc?

Coaching Staff
    You’d need to explain that one. It is our only income basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No it's not. If it it were our only income our wage bill would be a lot smaller than it currently is.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I have no other explanation other than a club employee told me this week that all the ST income had been ring fenced and remained untouched due to the uncertainty about the season being fulfilled and refunds being enforced.