hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but disagree, the options were pretty straight forward and you get plenty chance to have a look at the different options before selecting what one you want
    As much as I disagree with the change in approach to the instalment plan the comms are fairly clear.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I see that Hibs are offering some interest free payment options as well.

That's excellent news, always best to wait for the official announcement rather than using rumours to bash the club.

(And I know it's only over 6 months, but it's still interest free).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I see that Hibs are offering some interest free payment options as well.

That's excellent news, always best to wait for the official announcement rather than using rumours to bash the club.

(And I know it's only over 6 months, but it's still interest free).
    It was included in the leaked comms last week. Good option for those buying 1 ticket or 1 plus a kid.

4 purchased nice and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many fans do we think will get into each home game in August and September
    My Optimistic view is between 6000 (early August) and 12000 by end of September

@hibs.net private member
    Just out of curiosity, how many fans do we think will get into each home game in August and September
    Hopefully everyone but I think the club could have done some work explaining how restricted attendances would be dealt with. Is it a draw, would you drop out the next draw if you were successful in the first, how would it work for family groups etc. I suspect they haven't as it would just make it more obvious that we are, for the third season running, paying for a season ticket that will not grant physical access to all the League games at ER. Makes no odds to me as I was always going to renew but the fans have really stood up and done their bit and the club need to make sure it lets fans know, as much as they can, what you are actually buying.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    As much as I disagree with the change in approach to the instalment plan the comms are fairly clear.
    I must have missed the comms then. When were the instalment plan options explained. The no interest 6 month option definitely isn't during the process or the email I got telling me they were on sale today. Was there another email, I may have missed it as they often go straight to junk.

Here is what it says under direct debit option
    By selecting Direct Debit, you authorise BPS re Hibernian Football Club to automatically debit your Bank/Building Society annually with the then current charge. By completing this instruction you are confirming that you are the Account Holder of the specified UK Bank/Building Society Account and that you are the only person required to authorise debits from this account. Otherwise, please call 0844 844 1875 or email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk to request a paper application form and Direct Debit Instruction. Please validate your Direct Debit details to produce your Instruction to your Bank or Building Society. You must confirm that these details are correct before proceeding with your transaction.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The email and the website say there are various finance options available.

When you click to renew you read them and select the one you want.

Purchased, buzzing to eventually get back in

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    I doubt it - it’ll be calculated as a % of the spend.

£34 is on a £420 “loan” so £160 will be less than half - probably about £13 each (rough calcs).
    It's not a percentage, it's an arrangement fee of £34.23, which is paid in your first month and not spread over the 10 instalments. Not clear from the website if that is per season ticket or per 10 monthly payments, ( ie 2,3 4 tickets on the one monthly payment .

Unless i'm missing something.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The email and the website say there are various finance options available.

When you click to renew you read them and select the one you want.
    It doesn't tell you the options during renewal for the 6 months. I presume that is direct debit. No figures are explained regarding term etc when you click on that option, you need that knowledge prior to applying. The only info actually suggests it may be a one off payment. I have now seen that there is details on the club website. It is set up like a website within a website with tabs for the various info. No links to the options for finance in the email or on the blurb on the site hence I missed it. Once you find the info it is well laid out but I didn't know about the interest free option and went straight from the email to renew my tickets.

Anyhows, I'm sure the ticket office will sort it out. They are usually excellent in dealing with the issues the club comms create

All we need now is a dot count oh god I miss the simple things in life missing my footie so much

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I must have missed the comms then. When were the instalment plan options explained. The no interest 6 month option definitely isn't during the process or the email I got telling me they were on sale today. Was there another email, I may have missed it as they often go straight to junk.

Here is what it says under direct debit option
    By selecting Direct Debit, you authorise BPS re Hibernian Football Club to automatically debit your Bank/Building Society annually with the then current charge. By completing this instruction you are confirming that you are the Account Holder of the specified UK Bank/Building Society Account and that you are the only person required to authorise debits from this account. Otherwise, please call 0844 844 1875 or email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk to request a paper application form and Direct Debit Instruction. Please validate your Direct Debit details to produce your Instruction to your Bank or Building Society. You must confirm that these details are correct before proceeding with your transaction.
    All here...

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/season-tickets/finance-options

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    It's not a percentage, it's an arrangement fee of £34.23, which is paid in your first month and not spread over the 10 instalments. Not clear from the website if that is per season ticket or per 10 monthly payments, ( ie 2,3 4 tickets on the one monthly payment .

It’s interest which is calculated as a percentage of the “loan”. They’re calling the interest an arrangement fee and seem to be charging it all at once on top of the first payment. (As per the example they listed)

Although someone else is saying it’s been spread evenly over the 10 months on theirs - so who knows.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    All we need now is a dot count oh god I miss the simple things in life missing my footie so much
    They've just announced on Facebook that that's 1000 sold already.

Well done all!

https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFo...7024738889240/

@hibs.net private member
    We may have to agree to disagree but as far as I am concerned the options should have been very clear and not needed me to navigate away from the email they sent to the main site, find the picture with the link to season tickets, click the link, read the blurb and notice the find more info link, click that link, click another link to season tickets for some reason, read another similar blurb and then luckily notice the tabs where the options and how to access them are actually quite well explained. All that could easily have been avoided by this
    We have a number of finance options available for fans

I'm sorry but that is far from slick and options like finance, which will be very important in renewing for some fans, should be front and centre in the email asking you to renew.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    1,000 sold on the first day is good going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve renewed mine.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We may have to agree to disagree but as far as I am concerned the options should have been very clear and not needed me to navigate away from the email they sent to the main site, find the picture with the link to season tickets, click the link, read the blurb and notice the find more info link, click that link, click another link to season tickets for some reason, read another similar blurb and then luckily notice the tabs where the options and how to access them are actually quite well explained. All that could easily have been avoided by this
    We have a number of finance options available for fans

I'm sorry but that is far from slick and options like finance, which will be very important in renewing for some fans, should be front and centre in the email asking you to renew.
    When I went to pay, I had the option for paying with card, direct debit or instalment plan.

I had to choose one. You must have had to do the same?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Renewed x 3. GG

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    When I went to pay, I had the option for paying with card, direct debit or instalment plan.

I had to choose one. You must have had to do the same?
    I looked at Direct debit and the blurb never said anything about 6 monthly payments. You would have needed to know that before choosing and as I went straight from renewal email using the buy now link I was unaware there was even a interest free option. I only found that out reading this thread later.

I'll leave it there as most look like they have navigate their way to their chosen option and had awareness of everything they were signing up for. I'll wait for the ticket office to get back to me and I am sure they will sort it out.

Row AA seats 196 and 197 West Upper, is it section 13 or 14??😁

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Do we usually sell 1,000 on the first day?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    Row AA seats 196 and 197 West Upper, is it section 13 or 14??
    Probably 14. I'm in 158 at the start of 13

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post

V12 did NOT charge an Admin Fee last year (2020). They also didn’t charge any interest.

If you look at the Representative Example for the V12 payments, it clearly says Annual Rate of Interest is 0%. As others have said, I’m oretty sure the £34 Admin Fee will be a one off payment on the amount borrowed, whether you but 1 ticket or 6 tickets. They might vary the Admin Fee or charge it per ticket but best way for anyone to confirm for definite how it works, would be to call the Ticket Office Advisors on the phone numbers given.

The fact there is a figure quoted of 20.38% interest is purely a legal requirement to show an APR (Annual Percentage Rate) to show how much the total amount payable, including the Admin Fee, is costing you.

However, I’ve been retired from banking for 5 years now and the way this works MIGHT have changed although I’m not aware of any such change.

The only “true” Zero% interest offering is the 6 month or 4 month option being offered by the club.
    Plus of course if you pay the full amount up front in cash!! (That goes with out saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Renewed x 3. GG
    Renewed at 5pm simples.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Probably 14. I'm in 158 at the start of 13

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Thankyou👌

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Renewed my ST in the FF stand upper Ex

At least 2,000.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    V12 did NOT charge an Admin Fee last year (2020). They also didn’t charge any interest.

If you look at the Representative Example for the V12 payments, it clearly says Annual Rate of Interest is 0%. As others have said, I’m oretty sure the £34 Admin Fee will be a one off payment on the amount borrowed, whether you but 1 ticket or 6 tickets. They might vary the Admin Fee or charge it per ticket but best way for anyone to confirm for definite how it works, would be to call the Ticket Office Advisors on the phone numbers given.

The fact there is a figure quoted of 20.38% interest is purely a legal requirement to show an APR (Annual Percentage Rate) to show how much the total amount payable, including the Admin Fee, is costing you.

However, I’ve been retired from banking for 5 years now and the way this works MIGHT have changed although I’m not aware of any such change.

The only “true” Zero% interest offering is the 6 month or 4 month option being offered by the club.
    Plus of course if you pay the full amount up front in cash!! (That goes with out saying)
    Ehhh, I think you'll find that is the point I was making .... it was Danderhall hibs that was saying it was "interest"
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here