hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I renewed our two tickets this season and was happy to do so but felt the club was taking the pish when they decided to charge me extra to watch the league cup game given how much I’ve paid for the privilege of not being able to go to games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They need to rebrand it.

Hibs memberships

Play your part supporting the community team and the benefits this brings to others.

Would be happily if they offered various options for ways to follow the team including reserving a seat whether fans are allowed in or not.
    Do wonder if this will ultimately be the catalyst for a different kind of season ticket - maybe a buying a “block” of games will be a future option rather than necessarily buying a ticket for the full term.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    If possible will be renewing mines next season

This season is burst for season ticket holders but do we really not expect to be back in the stadium for the new season?
    Surely we will all be vaccinated by then.

I certainly think Hibs should be putting the season ticket launch off until summer so that folk can see the progress of the vaccination programme.
    There might even be merit in not starting the league season until September.

Those Hibees that can afford to will need to step up again to buy season tickets or the quality of the team will have to be scaled back.
    Perhaps the uncertainty is why Newell & Marciano may not have been offered acceptable contract extentions yet (I think they have).
    That could just be the start of a brutal scaling down.
    Sadly season ticket sale numbers will largely dictate the quality of the team on the pitch.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    I see the club have started to advertise half season tickets for this season. Wonder how many they will sell...........

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I see the club have started to advertise half season tickets for this season. Wonder how many they will sell...........
    Not a lot

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    So long as I’ve got the cash for it, I’ll renew. Like it or not, the club is going to be in real difficulty if season ticket numbers fall off a cliff.

The response this season has been fantastic, if we can get close to those numbers again then it’ll probably see us through to the point where fans are allowed in.
    Sums it up for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would love another season ticket for me and my 10yr old we've had one for last 5 yrs but just won't be able to do likewise next season after a tough year.. just don't know how to tell him though. I suspect alot of families will be the same

I'll not be renewing next year unless it's looking more than likely we'll be back at ER for the majority of games. I got a season ticket in the summer aware we wouldn't attend many games but financially covid has been disastrous for my family so I won't do the same again.

Unfortunately there might be a few people in my boat so I'd expect sales to be down quite a bit.

Next year will be a struggle for the club financially. I wouldn't be surprised if we are forced to sell either of our prize assets (Nisbet or Porteous) to cover those loses.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This season is burst for season ticket holders but do we really not expect to be back in the stadium for the new season?
    Surely we will all be vaccinated by then.

I certainly think Hibs should be putting the season ticket launch off until summer so that folk can see the progress of the vaccination programme.
    There might even be merit in not starting the league season until September.

Those Hibees that can afford to will need to step up again to buy season tickets or the quality of the team will have to be scaled back.
    Perhaps the uncertainty is why Newell & Marciano may not have been offered acceptable contract extentions yet (I think they have).
    That could just be the start of a brutal scaling down.
    Sadly season ticket sale numbers will largely dictate the quality of the team on the pitch.
    I'd be very surprised if everyone's been vaccinated by the beginning of August/September but even if that was the case, the government's unlikely to allow full scale mass gatherings until they're confident about how effective the vaccine is longer term and how much protection it gives people.

Whilst I fully expect some crowds to be able to return at some point during 2021, social distancing measures are likely to still be in place for a very long time to come and mass gatherings will be the last thing to return to normality.

Sadly I don't see full houses attending Easter Road being a thing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'd be very surprised if everyone's been vaccinated by the beginning of August/September but even if that was the case, the government's unlikely to allow full scale mass gatherings until they're confident about how effective the vaccine is longer term and how much protection it gives people.

Whilst I fully expect some crowds to be able to return at some point during 2021, social distancing measures are likely to still be in place for a very long time to come and mass gatherings will be the last thing to return to normality.

Sadly I don't see full houses attending Easter Road being a thing any time soon.
    There is no chance everyone will be vaccinated by September 2021. The experts think 2022 at earliest.

Not everyone will want a vaccine - where does that leave them for attending Easter Road ?

The vaccine will be effective - the issue is that like the flu jab it will be required every year - booster to top up.

I would hope by September Easter Road can have some fans surely - even 3000 Hibs fans can make a lot of noise.

If they try sell it about seeing games they won’t get that many tickets sold..if it’s benefits like a club membership they will sell many more.

If they try sell it about seeing games they won’t get that many tickets sold..if it’s benefits like a club membership they will sell many more.
    Think there is force in that but they will no doubt need to analyse whether they’re likely to sell more “membership” tickets at a lower price point than existing tickets before this is a go-er and will bring in similar sums.

There is no chance everyone will be vaccinated by September 2021. The experts think 2022 at earliest.

Not everyone will want a vaccine - where does that leave them for attending Easter Road ?

The vaccine will be effective - the issue is that like the flu jab it will be required every year - booster to top up.

I would hope by September Easter Road can have some fans surely - even 3000 Hibs fans can make a lot of noise.

When I say "effective" I didn't mean whether it works at all as I'm sure it does but rather how long does it last? Will a vaccination every 12 months be sufficient or will it only last a few months?

Also I'm not sure whether we know yet if the vaccine simply prevents someone becoming ill or if it stops the infection altogether. If it's only the former and a vaccinated person can still become infected then asymptomatic transmission still presents as much of a problem as it does now, at least until a certain percentage has been vaccinated.

I do agree with the rest of your post, I think the club will need to be very careful about how it markets the season ticket campaign for next season. A membership package would be a sensible move I think rather than just selling it like a normal season ticket and just hoping for the best that people can return next season.

A lot of people paid money this year for something that they knew they wouldn't get full usage out of but it now looks very likely that no-one will be attending Easter Road this season and whilst some people will part with their money again next season no matter how it's marketed, I would be astonished if it's anything like 11,000.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The thought of starting next season behind closed doors is depressing. Surely by then enough people will be vaccinated to allow crowds into stadiums. Are we going to be in a position where thousands will have had the vaccine, but not allowed to attend because it would be unfair to those who haven’t had it?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The thought of starting next season behind closed doors is depressing. Surely by then enough people will be vaccinated to allow crowds into stadiums. Are we going to be in a position where thousands will have had the vaccine, but not allowed to attend because it would be unfair to those who haven’t had it?
    Hope not!

I'm in the last category to be vaccinated. But just because I won't be vaccinated shouldn't stop those who have been attending.

I'd love to see fans back if it's safe and they're able and willing to attend. Even if it isn't me attending.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

I’m genuinely not convinced we’ll see sizeable, if any, crowds in central belt stadia by August. I’d love to be proven wrong, but wouldn’t count on it.
    I don’t see it. I’ve had lots of arguments on here with folk about going to back to stadiums so don’t want to get in to it again, but football and spectator sports in general in Scotland are at the back of the queue. If the vaccine roll out continues at the same rate - which it won’t, it will get quicker - I’ll be waiting until a window i starting in July.

Until then I’m happy to support the club through the PPV option and HSL.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Hope not!

I'm in the last category to be vaccinated. But just because I won't be vaccinated shouldn't stop those who have been attending.

I'd love to see fans back if it's safe and they're able and willing to attend. Even if it isn't me attending.
    I’m the same.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    I haven’t contributed to HSL but I’ll keep renewing whilst I can afford to do so, irrespective of whether we get into ER next year.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Il be renewing for 2

I can't not renew but understand people's situations are different to myself

Of course what’s on offer on the field might influence ticket uptake too - and on the basis of the two results since I started this thread I can’t see many fans being willing to take a speculative punt, sadly.

Meantime reports now emerging to indicate that the British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa (July / August) is most likely to be cancelled, with some suggestions that Oktoberfest in September also at risk. 2021 not looking like a good year already for live events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Of course what’s on offer on the field might influence ticket uptake too - and on the basis of the two results since I started this thread I can’t see many fans being willing to take a speculative punt, sadly.

Meantime reports now emerging to indicate that the British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa (July / August) is most likely to be cancelled, with some suggestions that Oktoberfest in September also at risk. 2021 not looking like a good year already for live events.
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds cancelled Thier complete tour this year with no new dates set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Just in response to the OP there’s got to be nae chance that the club will be able to market STs in March based on every fan being in his or her seat come August. Tough times ahead in terms of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    Just in response to the OP there’s got to be nae chance that the club will be able to market STs in March based on every fan being in his or her seat come August. Tough times ahead in terms of marketing.

I think it would make sense to delay sales of Season Tickets till we have more clarity on what the situation is going to be in regards to vaccinations and it's effect on the return of fans for next season.

I'll likely renew but it has been tough watching this whole season slide by without a chance of seeing a single match live. I thought we'd have found a way to get some fans back by the end of 2020.

I'll renew but only if guaranteed a complete season at ER - with a rebate for every games missed due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think it would make sense to delay sales of Season Tickets till we have more clarity on what the situation is going to be in regards to vaccinations and it's effect on the return of fans for next season.
    I think it's becoming increasingly clearer by the day that we're unlikely to be all sitting together at Easter Road in August and clubs are going to have to change their plans for next season's season ticket campaign accordingly.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I would be putting the prices down too.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'll renew as I want to keep my seat, but I would hope that Hibs ditch (at least for now) the tiered pricing for the season tickets. Totally accept it for when we're in the stadium, but at home there's less justification for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I wonder if we could do a sort of membership instead of a traditional season ticket.

Basically acknowledging times are tough for everyone and on the assumption a high number of fans won’t renew again without some light at the end of the runner re attending (and fair enough), we could sell a membership for £200. Then, when fans were guaranteed to return, we’d top up our membership with the outstanding amount of a season ticket, so £200/£250 ish.

So we’re almost trying to get more people paying a bit less on the assumption. that amounts to the same sort of intake as less paying the standard price.

Would also let people keep their seats.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think it's becoming increasingly clearer by the day that we're unlikely to be all sitting together at Easter Road in August and clubs are going to have to change their plans for next season's season ticket campaign accordingly.
    Curious why you think this, what barriers will stop these kind of events if the vast majority of the population are vaccinated?

I’ve been fairly consistent in that there’s financial challenges never been seen before hitting Scottish football come April/May and if there’s no crowds come next season it’s absolutely finished in it’s current form.
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 06-01-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I wonder if we could do a sort of membership instead of a traditional season ticket.

Basically acknowledging times are tough for everyone and on the assumption a high number of fans won’t renew again without some light at the end of the runner re attending (and fair enough), we could sell a membership for £200. Then, when fans were guaranteed to return, we’d top up our membership with the outstanding amount of a season ticket, so £200/£250 ish.

So we’re almost trying to get more people paying a bit less on the assumption. that amounts to the same sort of intake as less paying the standard price.

Would also let people keep their seats.
    Sounds a sensible approach. A flat fee initially for all to cover online games like we get just now then if we get back in we pay the remainder before we can access ER. Agree with the post above about tiered system for ST’s not really being fair going forward if we will still be watching games online.