hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you know this how?
    Just the accounts and that. Insurance payouts.

And Andy says it’s only a tenner a head.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It can’t be an accident that they released the details for a short while prior to launch? It’s not the first time it’s happened so suggests either deliberate or incompetence.
    I think it's deliberate, in much the same way the UK government drip feed announcements to the press beforehand. Testing the water before announcing it officially.

Just the accounts and that. Insurance payouts.

And Andy says it’s only a tenner a head.
    If it's only a tenner a head then it's not a factor in deciding whether or not to renew because 99% of season ticket holders would renew if the price was £10 higher.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I think it's deliberate, in much the same way the UK government drip feed announcements to the press beforehand. Testing the water before announcing it officially.

Hope they’re taking my comments on board.

I’m not sure what you mean but the club “absorbed” the interest last year as well as in previous years. They’ve got insurance money on the way and could easily continue to absorb this in the same way they have before and during “these unprecedented times”.
    Far as im aware Hibs paid the interest on season tickets bought on finance deals,so if this is so then to me Hibs paying the interest is to absorb the extra cost this would have been incurred by fans buying this way.As for comment regarding insurance payment being used to keep things same as previous seasons,then surely this just means they would be losing out on something they had the foresight to take out,basically just moving 1 loss to another.If your that p,d off then end of the day you have the right not to buy or do you normally expect to pay no interest when you buy on credit,wish to god this was so as would have saved a fortune throughout time if it was.
    Last edited by andudare2; 16-04-2021 at 07:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If it's only a tenner a head then it's not a factor in deciding whether or not to renew because 99% of season ticket holders would renew if the price was £10 higher.
    They should bill everyone then.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    They do. It's called the season ticket renewal. Some people pay immediately, some pay on their own credit card, and some used the interest free terms that cost Hibs money.

Are you suggesting that other Hibs fans should subsidise you?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    They do. It's called the season ticket renewal. Some people pay immediately, some pay on their own credit card, and some used the interest free terms that cost Hibs money.

To be fair Hibs have been great last few years, with payment plans not occurring an additional cost on top of ticket price
    Interest rates are really low just now, so it will only be a few pounds more overall

Wonder what the catering prices will be for next season😀

@hibs.net private member

No. And I’m not sure why folk keep trying to put words into my mouth/posts.

Why?

If Hibs didn't offer a finance option, I'd need an overdraft or loan to buy my ticket and that would mean I pay a lot more for my ticket than someone who is lucky enough to have the spare cash.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Why else do you want every Hibs fan to pay more so that you don't have to pay any interest?

@hibs.net private member
    Why?

If Hibs didn't offer a finance option, I'd need an overdraft or loan to buy my ticket and that would mean I pay a lot more for my ticket than someone who is lucky enough to have the spare cash.
    You said 99% of people would renew if it was a tenner more expensive. May as well do it then?

Who cares how you fund it? Not mine or hibs’ problem. Don’t renew if you don’t want to.

@hibs.net private member
    Why else do you want every Hibs fan to pay more so that you don't have to pay any interest?
    I don’t. Try again.

You said 99% of people would renew if it was a tenner more expensive. May as well do it then?

Who cares how you fund it? Not mine or hibs’ problem. Don’t renew if you don’t want to.
    It's not Hibs problem how a fan funds their ticket, so it doesn't matter if the finance option offered by Hibs has a small interest charge.

I'm sure you'll be happy to pony up when the time comes. I will be.

This related to the interest that Hibs used to suck up.
    reasonable question from a brilliant poster.
    Ipso facto............

Are you just trying to reel people in?
    You are all over the place......one minute moaning about Hibs charging the interest, next telling people its not Hibs problem.

Make up your mind.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Why you giving him such a hard time?

Hibs used to cover the interest costs, now they’re not, meaning that some folk will pay more.

They’re allowed to comment or have a wee moan surely?

”no one’s forcing you to buy” is a cheap shot put down. Imagine if the club came out with that line when they announce ST prices!

He buys 4 STs a year and probably gives Hibs a lot more cash than most of us posting on here do in a season.

@hibs.net private member
    This related to the interest that Hibs used to suck up.

reasonable question from a brilliant poster.

Ipso facto............

Are you just trying to reel people in?
    You are all over the place......one minute moaning about Hibs charging the interest, next telling people its not Hibs problem.

Make up your mind.
    I was throwing the phrases back at him - sorry if you can’t keep up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Hibs used to cover the interest costs, now they’re not, meaning that some folk will pay more.

”no one’s forcing you to buy” is a cheap shot put down. Imagine if the club came out with that line when they announce ST prices!

He buys 4 STs a year and probably gives Hibs a lot more cash than most of us posting on here do in a season.
    Thanks mate - that’s the point. Hibs said they were freezing prices; they’re not doing that for everyone. In fact they’re hitting those that pay the most (multiple tickets) with an extra charge.

I knew I’d get it in the neck from the “don’t buy it then” lot.

So is having a pop at Hibs for not taking on the costs of the interest.............then - laughably - suggesting that other posters should shoulder the bill.

..........and then when he gets called on it, he just says backtracks.

Thats why I am having a go.

How many STs someone buys has no bearing on me calling them out when I think they are spouting mince.

@hibs.net private member
    So is having a pop at Hibs for not taking on the costs of the interest.............then - laughably - suggesting that other posters should shoulder the bill.

How many STs someone buys has no bearing on me calling them out when I think they are spouting mince.
    It’s only laughable cos I never said that.

It’s only laughable cos I never said that.
    Except you did say that, when I pointed out that paying interest would only ad a tenner to the cost of a ticket and you responded that everyone should pay that interest charge regardless of whether they used the finance option -

And you are the one saying to the rest of us “don’t buy it then”.

Hibs said they were freezing prices; they’re not doing that for everyone. In fact they’re hitting those that pay the most (multiple tickets) with an extra charge.

I knew I’d get it in the neck from the “don’t buy it then” lot.
    Hibs have frozen prices for everyone. The only change is personal to those who want to finance rather than pay up front, and according to the poster Danderhall Hibs who cares how they fund it? It's not his problem and not Hibs problem. Maybe you should have a go at him for not sympathising with your particular circumstances?

@hibs.net private member
    Except you did say that, when I pointed out that paying interest would only ad a tenner to the cost of a ticket and you responded that everyone should pay that interest charge regardless of whether they used the finance option -

And you are the one saying to the rest of us “don’t buy it then”.

Hibs have frozen prices for everyone. The only change is personal to those who want to finance rather than pay up front, and according to the poster Danderhall Hibs who cares how they fund it? It's not his problem and not Hibs problem. Maybe you should have a go at him for not sympathising with your particular circumstances?
    You’ve just clarified you don’t understand my posts.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

But Hibs, or other posters like me as want to put it, used to foot the bill anyways.

He’s not asking for special treatment, just for the status quo to have been maintained. It’s not really having a pop at the club.

If we take things to the extreme, then anybody buying during the early bird initiative is ripping the club off!

I’m ragin that some of my full price ST will subsidise the freeloaders that buy early!

But Hibs, or other posters like me as want to put it, used to foot the bill anyways.

He’s not asking for special treatment, just for the status quo to have been maintained. It’s not really having a pop at the club.

If we take things to the extreme, then anybody buying during the early bird initiative is ripping the club off!

I’m ragin that some of my full price ST will subsidise the freeloaders that buy early!
    I know you have exaggerated for effect but I agree with the point you are making.

When you get into the territory of talking about 'subsidising' others you are entering dodgy territory. In the same way I don't view my tax as 'subsidising' others neither do I view my full price ST as subsidising children, students, ambulant carers or whoever else.

I buy my ticket in a way that suits me, for me. I see that as fitting into an overall business plan that Hibs have to ensure the maximum number of STs are sold. Be that encouraging fans of the future or allowing people to buy who otherwise may not have been able to by offering a competitive payment plan. If that changes then so be it, I have never 'subsidised' anyone though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I could pY up front no problem but took out the interest free option last season and would of done so again but I would like to know how many fans will be allowed into games and how this is going to work
    I just do t see as getting 10 thousand in stadium at start of season given how cautious they are being at Hampden fir Euros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was incompetence putting it out there, as reading parts of it on Edinburgh live, they either picked thigs up wrongly, or Hibs didn't proof read before it went out.

The thing is RG said at AGM there was a price freeze, like it was a great thing he was giving us.

We've paid best part of £400 to watch games on a laptop or TV. Not great IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

dunno why you’re getting such a hard time, you’ve made an accurate observation (this payment method will now mean a higher cost overall than it did previously), and correctly provided the context of Hibs commenting in the past at recognising/acknowledging/rewarding the commitment fans have put in under trying circumstances, and how these 2 things are contradictory

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I think it was incompetence putting it out there, as reading parts of it on Edinburgh live, they either picked thigs up wrongly, or Hibs didn't proof read before it went out.

The thing is RG said at AGM there was a price freeze, like it was a great thing he was giving us.

We've paid best part of £400 to watch games on a laptop or TV. Not great IMO
    The £400 goes towards having something to watch as well, though.

I agree with Danderhall, you can’t say it’s a prize freeze then charge people more, regardless of how the extra is arrived at, it’s not a price freeze.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The £400 goes towards having something to watch as well, though.

I agree with Danderhall, you can’t say it’s a prize freeze then charge people more, regardless of how the extra is arrived at, it’s not a price freeze.
    Hibs aren’t charging more though. The price of the season ticket is frozen. The interest is for the finance company for choosing a method of payment that has interest attached. All Hibs are doing is saying ‘we’re not paying that for you anymore’.

Only gripe for me is the tiered pricing. I think that should be done away with until such time as you can guarantee everyone is getting in. Or, if you’re asking some people to pay more, you need to give them an actual additional benefit. Not the opportunity to attend a strip launch that probably won’t happen.

No issues with them stopping paying interest, seems a very obvious saving for them to make in the current climate.