hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye Hibs paid the interest so you effectively got a discount.
    No discount - season ticket cost the same as everyone else. Just the interest got covered so instead of paying more than everyone else we paid the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    No discount - season ticket cost the same as everyone else. Just the interest got covered so instead of paying more than everyone else we paid the same.
    Have a look at your PM’s.

@hibs.net private member
    For those struggling to sign up to the interest free Hibs repayment plan and don’t want to pay interest to a loan provider there are 0% credit card for purchases out there, as long as you usually repay within a year. Might help those who want to spread payments over a year.......just a thought.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    As it turns out, it was the worst possible time for Hibs to have introduced pricing categories for Season Tickets, instead if having them all one price.

I'm not one of the people affected but I thought the club should maybe have parked that for season 21/22.

I can see that it's a difficult argument, though, as there are others (myself included) who bought multiple STs and ended up sitting at home watching the games on TV, so didn't exactly get our money's worth either
    The pricing structure was a victim of unfortunate timing. I can see what they were trying to do - although flawed even then as people could in theory buy bronze and pick and empty seat but Hibs can only do so much to discourage that sort of behaviour.

However given the circumstances I think Hibs could have had an early "renewal period" for next year that allowed 20/21 ST holders to rebook their same seats at any level for the price of bronze. I think that would reflect the reality that everyone got the same package last year and not really cost the club much money but would be a good gesture.

I appreciate I'm coming to that with a chunk of bias so may have missed something as to why that wouldn't work.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m struggling to get a handle on what exactly is being proposed by hibs.... ?

Trying to piece it together but the one thing I keep seeing is mention of not getting to every hone game next year.... where has this been written by hibs?

Or am I doing 2+2=5

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I’m struggling to get a handle on what exactly is being proposed by hibs.... ?

Trying to piece it together but the one thing I keep seeing is mention of not getting to every hone game next year.... where has this been written by hibs?

Or am I doing 2+2=5
    I've not seen it mentioned by Hibs but there's certainly no guarantee people will get to every home game next year. It's just too early to tell what the situation will be on stadia and events by the time the season starts (July?).
    Mon the Hibs.

I'll be holding off on renewing this year. I want to start taking my daughter so will wait until renewals are complete and then try and move to the FF lower.

I didn't take a refund last year, renewed this year and don't really expect anything next year. At the end of the day we are customers to Hibs and customers with a brand loyalty other companies can only dream of at that. I don't really view buying a ST with little added benefits as some grand gesture of support. I' m doing it because I want to go to the football again.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The ten month plan in recent seasons was also with an external lender (Zebra Finance) and there was interest, however it was paid by the club. So essentially the club got less money for ST's bought using the payment plan.
    It's worth noting here that the cost to Hibs for that was and is absolutely minimal.

It was used as an argument before that those who paid up front were 'better' supporters (I'm not suggesting you are doing that). I asked the question of a board member at Hibs when I got the chance and it was confirmed the cost was uner £10 per ST to the club.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'll be holding off on renewing this year. I want to start taking my daughter so will wait until renewals are complete and then try and move to the FF lower.

I didn't take a refund last year, renewed this year and don't really expect anything next year. At the end of the day we are customers to Hibs and customers with a brand loyalty other companies can only dream of at that. I don't really view buying a ST with little added benefits as some grand gesture of support. I' m doing it because I want to go to the football again.

Same here but also have a great seat and would probably never get it back again. Took me about 20 years to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's worth noting here that the cost to Hibs for that was and is absolutely minimal.

It was used as an argument before that those who paid up front were 'better' supporters (I'm not suggesting you are doing that). I asked the question of a board member at Hibs when I got the chance and it was confirmed the cost was uner £10 per ST to the club.
    For ease of calculation let's say 10,000 season tickets are purchased on the installment plan at a cost of £10 each to Hibs. That is a cost of £100,000 every season. £1 million every 10 years which is significant.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 16-04-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    For ease of calculation let's say 10,000 season tickets are purchased on the installment plan at a cost of £10 each to Hibs. That is a cost of £100,000 every season. £1 million every 10 years which is significant.
    What would the cost be in lost sales if there was no interest free payment plan?

That's hypothetical of course but Hibs will have done the sums. As I said above; Hibs are a business, we are customers. Everything is calculated to ensure the best performance of the business. It's no different from buying a sofa on a 0% APR plan, all the costs are factored in to the price of the product at point of sale.

its not really a cost, it’s less of money coming in, in real terms.

those 10000 season tickets are worth say 3.6 million (£360*10000], so the interest from the instalment plan means Hibs still get 3.5 million from the exercise.

there will be a number of Hibs fans who took up the offer of the installment plan because they couldn’t afford the season ticket otherwise. So if some of those people now feel unable to take it up do to the additional cost, it’s not saved Hibs that £10 per head, it’s cost them the full money of the ticket minus a tenner, less money coming in

I understand that and am not suggesting Hibs do it any differently and it is a great and necessary scheme for those that need it. However, I do know a lot of guys who use it, who have no need to. A few of them even contribute to HSL.

I understand why you are doing for ease of calculation but it won't be anything like 10,000. Might not even be half that.

So its probably £50,000 or less but as has been pointed out Hibs would likely overall lose money if they didn't offer this as you would have more people not able to afford a one off purchase.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I understand why you are doing for ease of calculation but it won't be anything like 10,000. Might not even be half that.

So its probably £50,000 or less but as has been pointed out Hibs would likely overall lose money if they didn't offer this as you would have more people not able to afford a one off purchase.
    Or maybe they could make it interest free for those spending over a certain amount? Maybe £700+ or something?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

They could still offer instalments but the customer pays the interest. Probably another £1 every payment. That shouldn’t put too many off being able to afford it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They could still offer instalments but the customer pays the interest. Probably another £1 every payment. That shouldn’t put too many off being able to afford it.
    But it does increase the cost to the customer/fan/extortionee.

When can we renew?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    When can we renew?
    I'm wondering the same thing Saul......ever since the information was given on Edinburgh Live yesterday I've been checking the official site but nothing seems to have appeared.....not even an update from Hibs on the matter

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    But it does increase the cost to the customer/fan/extortionee.
    No one is being forced to buy an ST so no extortion involved. You don't help your argument when you say things like that

If the interest levels are the same then it’s hibs passing on the cost.
    Passing on costs for a purchase of item over 10 months,an item Hibs used to pay the interest on ,cant see what the problem is with this,or did people complain when club was paying interest for them,wouldn't think so and as were now living in unprecedented times to me the deal on offer is fair,buy something on credit,expect to pay more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No one is being forced to buy an ST so no extortion involved. You don't help your argument when you say things like that
    I know - I was quoting Andy - he used the word for the purpose of his argument.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    Passing on costs for a purchase of item over 10 months,an item Hibs used to pay the interest on ,cant see what the problem is with this,or did people complain when club was paying interest for them,wouldn't think so and as were now living in unprecedented times to me the deal on offer is fair,buy something on credit,expect to pay more.
    I’m not sure if I’ve picked you up properly but basically the problem is that in these unprecedented times the club is rewarding loyalty by charging more.

Coaching Staff
    I’m not sure if I’ve picked you up properly but basically the problem is that in these unprecedented times the club is rewarding loyalty by charging more.
    If you are looking at everything through the lens of being rewarded for something then I suppose you could see it that way.

When the club needs all the money it can get I think it would probably be a very sensible decision not to continue to pay people's interest for them. I haven't worked it out so I'll go on the £10 cost total that was mentioned earlier. It is a fair enough business decision that purchasers won't really be put off for such a small amount and it is £50,000 or whatever total that the club has previously paid out for this that it doesn't really have to.

Rather than looking back the decision is whether that total cost is currently worth it to you to buy the product they are selling. It either is or it isn't.

@hibs.net private member
    If you are looking at everything through the lens of being rewarded for something then I suppose you could see it that way.

When the club needs all the money it can get I think it would probably be a very sensible decision not to continue to pay people's interest for them. I haven't worked it out so I'll go on the £10 cost total that was mentioned earlier. It is a fair enough business decision that purchasers won't really be put off for such a small amount and it is £50,000 or whatever total that the club has previously paid out for this that it doesn't really have to.

Rather than looking back the decision is whether that total cost is currently worth it to you to buy the product they are selling. It either is or it isn't.
    I know it’s very much a like it or lump it situation - that’s coming across loud and clear from many. I’m not sure businesses work like that but am also aware a football club is only a business in some situations.

Hopefully they’ve read this thread as part of their testing and are considering how they can keep loyal customers on board - maybe by setting a minimum spend for no interest charge as suggested earlier.

Coaching Staff
    I know it’s very much a like it or lump it situation - that’s coming across loud and clear from many. I’m not sure businesses work like that but am also aware a football club is only a business in some situations.

Hopefully they’ve read this thread as part of their testing and are considering how they can keep loyal customers on board - maybe by setting a minimum spend for no interest charge as suggested earlier.
    I'd be surprised if they actually do this - didn't see the 'leak' but would understand if they did.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be surprised if they actually do this - didn't see the 'leak' but would understand if they did.
    It can’t be an accident that they released the details for a short while prior to launch? It’s not the first time it’s happened so suggests either deliberate or incompetence.

understand where you are coming from,however i notice you make no comment on when the club absored the interest, unfortunately things are different from when they did this,and also does not detract from the fact that usually when people buy on credit they do pay more.End of the day its up to the individual whether to buy or not but club although it benefits with the amount that are sold this way,are not forcing anyone to buy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    understand where you are coming from,however i notice you make no comment on when the club absored the interest, unfortunately things are different from when they did this,and also does not detract from the fact that usually when people buy on credit they do pay more.End of the day its up to the individual whether to buy or not but club although it benefits with the amount that are sold this way,are not forcing anyone to buy.
    I’m not sure what you mean but the club “absorbed” the interest last year as well as in previous years. They’ve got insurance money on the way and could easily continue to absorb this in the same way they have before and during “these unprecedented times”.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I’m not sure what you mean but the club “absorbed” the interest last year as well as in previous years. They’ve got insurance money on the way and could easily continue to absorb this in the same way they have before and during “these unprecedented times”.
    And you know this how?