hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The system for buying players means that you need big lumps of money at certain times not even amounts spread over a year.
    Are alot of transfers now not paid in installments? Especially at our level I would have thought it's fairly common.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Are alot of transfers now not paid in installments? Especially at our level I would have thought it's fairly common.
    It gives you more bargaining power if you can offer the money there and then.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    They'd deduct the PPV cost of every home game when calculating any refund, regardless of whether it was watched (same as a season ticket entitles you to attend, but there is no refund if you can't make it).

Difficult to enforce a refund though when we knew at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to attend all the games and there was a risk that we couldn't attend any. Caveat emptor.
    On the basis that the PPV cost has been roughly equivalent to the entry cost for a walk up, am I right in thinking any refund on that calculation would be about £20, given a season ticket effectively affords “free” entry to one game each year?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    They'd deduct the PPV cost of every home game when calculating any refund, regardless of whether it was watched (same as a season ticket entitles you to attend, but there is no refund if you can't make it).

Difficult to enforce a refund though when we knew at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to attend all the games and there was a risk that we couldn't attend any. Caveat emptor.
    They could. That would be something that people didn't sign up for though and at a price they'd determined - it would all be very clunky.

Regardless, unless Hibs say that they had adequate insurance and that refunds were a case of money in the fans pocket rather than the insurance company (with no effect on Hibs) I can't see there being too much appetite for the refund. Same as the tail end of 19/20 season.
    Mon the Hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I've no reason to believe the posters are making it up. If two different posters have heard the same thing then I wouldn't instantly dismiss it.
    I’m happy to dismiss it based on it being absolutely ridiculous to suggest we are operating this year without using any of our season ticket money.

With all respect to a couple of posters on Hibs.net there’s a fair weight of common sense and reality to consider.

The club have told us several times how our season ticket contributions are keeping things going.

Does it sound in any way feasible that we are looking at a £4m profit in the most difficult financial year in our lifetimes? Not really.

I’d say it’s a near certainty that there will be no offer of refunds this season. During the ST campaign it was made fairly clear that we had no idea when we would be back and that the season ticket allowed access to our ‘match day package’ ie Hibspass + HibsTv. We offered refunds last season as people genuinely lost out on games, they were cancelled. That isn’t the case this season.

@hibs.net private member
    I bought me and my two kids ST this season and for the last 10 or so. I did so knowing I was unlikely to see a game in person because of a covid and having already missed a few games the season before due to the virus. Our household income is down 10k or so and I will have to think very hard about next season, particularly for the kids tickets. I'd love the club to recognise that families, particularly those outside the family area have forked out for 2 or more tickets to likely watch games on a single TV. I'd be happy to buy my season ticket for next year in full and an option to pay a refundable holding fee to keep the kids seats assuming we can't attend ER because of Covid

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I’d put any launch plans on ice for a few weeks after tonight.

First Team Breakthrough

Season ticket renewals

It is going to be a very hard sell now. No feel good factor of reaching a final, on a very poor run with livingston looking very likely to overtake us in the coming weeks and generally very poor football.

I wouldn't fancy working on our marketing team and I think that this will be the end of Ross. I cannot say that I am very disappointed with that. His signing policy of a million average midfielders doesn't work.

I want to renew, i want to enioy it and i want to be back in a excited stadium full of hibs fans next season watching us play football thats easy on the eye and exciting to watch with players full of commitment and a hunger to entertain and win games. But all of that feels miles away. I dont feel any kind of connection to the club right now. I dont enjoy watching this hibs team but im forcing myself to watch us to justify the £400 that ive wasted. I wont be doing it again, especially when we have no idea when we can actually go to Easter Road again (not hibs fault)
    Last edited by we are hibs; 23-01-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Renewed when we had about 5000 under Fenlon, Calderwood, Butcher and Stubbs, and will 100% renew again next season.

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Renewed when we had about 5000 under Fenlon, Calderwood, Butcher and Stubbs, and will 100% renew again next season.
    Yes I will as well,but cant blame people for not renewing,a cup win would have helped,but the pandemic coupled with the style of football we are watching will turn thousands off.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post
    Yes I will as well,but cant blame people for not renewing,a cup win would have helped,but the pandemic coupled with the style of football we are watching will turn thousands off.

And Ron knows that, which is why Ross will be removed (and hopefully our DoF too)

Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post

If they can’t afford it then fair enough, no chance I’d turn my back through choice though. Each to their own though.

I tried to type this out on the other thread but by the time I'd hit send it had been deleted so I'll try again.

The season ticket campaign is still around 6-8 weeks away but if we have many more results like that, coupled with the continued shutout of fans which appears to have no end in sight, I don't see season ticket sales doing too well.

Good luck to the marketing team, they're going to need it.

Can't charge different category prices for the same Hibs TV set up as they have done for this season when there is no guarantee of fans being in attendance and the standard of entertainment has in the main been dross.

A set fee membership type of initial payment with an additional top up payment for specific season ticket categories if and when supporters are eventually allowed to return would be a better option.

The way this season has been I can see a sizeable drop off in interest as the football is horrible to watch with very little entertainment with 4 league wins at home all season and not one of them convincing. Hasn't been worth it in my opinion
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

First Team Regular
    After Today's performance there is no way I'm renewing! How many times have I said that throughout the years?.... I'll renew:
    I always will. Keep the faith!
    Last edited by Criswell; 23-01-2021 at 10:14 PM.

I won't be renewing mine or the laddies either. Shocking to watch and my laddie won't even watch us anymore.
    Last edited by Coco Bryce; 23-01-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Will renew forever. I've watched far ****ing worse than this. A rough patch is always nice to weed out the fairweather fans

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The thing is though ST campaigns aren't aimed at the likes of you or I. The renew regardless types. There's a solid core of about 7 or 8K who will always be there regardless of what is happening on the park (and we would do well to remember that this season isn't bad when you consider where we have been fairly recently) or what is contained in the campaign.

The timing, the tone and the environment has to be right to capture that other 4-6K who can go as quickly as they came. We have ridden the crest of the wave of the SC win for 4 seasons now. With a tougher financial climate, a creeping discontent and people breaking the habit of attending football it's going to be a challenge to hold on to them and keep numbers stable.

Plenty people on here will be able to say they will renew 100%. That's only part of the story though. We can mock those who say they won't be renewing but their money counts the same as mine or yours. It's absolutely vital we get back on track ASAP to keep as many onside as possible.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Will renew forever. I've watched far ****ing worse than this. A rough patch is always nice to weed out the fairweather fans

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Buy 3 tickets and give 2 away to those less fortunate 👍 out of interest will you still renew if fans aren’t allowed back still ?

As someone who will renew (because it’s what I do) nights like tonight kill us.

Season tickets were/are always going to be down next season. Nights like tonight will make the decision easier for those undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The thing is though ST campaigns aren't aimed at the likes of you or I. The renew regardless types. There's a solid core of about 7 or 8K who will always be there regardless of what is happening on the park (and we would do well to remember that this season isn't bad when you consider where we have been fairly recently) or what is contained in the campaign.

The timing, the tone and the environment has to be right to capture that other 4-6K who can go as quickly as they came. We have ridden the crest of the wave of the SC win for 4 seasons now. With a tougher financial climate, a creeping discontent and people breaking the habit of attending football it's going to be a challenge to hold on to them and keep numbers stable.

Plenty people on here will be able to say they will renew 100%. That's only part of the story though. We can mock those who say they won't be renewing but their money counts the same as mine or yours. It's absolutely vital we get back on track ASAP to keep as many onside as possible.
    Whilst I get what you are saying, I can’t say I’ve a lot of time for folk who turn their back when the going gets tough. The same ones who cried about loyalty points because they should be in the same bracket as those who go week in week out, year in year out. If losing semi finals and being inconsistent means you won’t buy a season ticket, then I’ve no idea why they would’ve bought one in the first place. Yes we all want Hibs to do better, but the reality is results like today’s will come along every year or two, all part of the rollercoaster for me. I’m well on board for Ron’s plans for the club, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Think a lot of people are going to choose to keep the money for themselves than go into the pockets of players/management that don't deserve the salaries they are on.

I'll probably renew but can understand why folk won't be in this climate.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Usually haven’t came close to questioning whether or not I’ll renew my ST but think it’s going to be a tough one this year. Personal circumstances have change plus I’m really really not enjoying watching hibs under JR. We have nothing about us.

Or it’s maybe the realisation that maybe we aren’t as big a club as we think we are.

The core of 7-8K is nowhere near enough in the current situation. There has to be a reason for folk less deluded than me to renew. Even if it's only on the TV, being worth actually watching would probably help.

Testimonial Due
    Only going to renew if we are back in stadiums. The £400 + paid this year to watch some of the performances / David Tanner + Hibs tv where it’s a minute behind the stream that I actually see a goal on soccer Saturday in our game before it happens has put me right off

The coverage is shocking and it’s no way worth £400

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hibs problem is that, although we get a good number of STs, we will never be competing with Rangers or Celtic for players and that (usually) mean they will be 20/30+ points better off in a season.

So we operate in a broadly similar market to other teams in the league. Yes, we pay more than a St Johnstone or Livingston, but the differential doesn't give us enough of an edge in player quality.

So, we have a big relative support in our division, but basically the best we can hope for is occasional euro football and less frequently a cup.

It's not much of a marketing campaign, but it's the truth of being a Hibs (or Aberdeen) fan right now.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Won’t be renewing unless guarantees of physical games are included.