hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah right - you missed a bit.

I read the bit that said “because they want us to help them to achieve a level of success?” and wondered how folk were jumping to that conclusion.
    So we pay our ST money to the club. Its the biggest single source of income the club get. That money helps the club to progress, hopefully achieving some success. The club sets ST prices which supporters then choose to pay - or not as the case may be. How do you see that as the club taking liberties? Bear in mind any discounts/refunds due to the situation this season reduces that income making the chance of success lower.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Amused that people think Hibs are "taking liberties" or whatever.

We still have big costs to cover, and £2m insurance (only 10% collected) won't fill the hole of lost away ends and hospitality for a season.

We have been thanked multiple times for our support this season.

Any assumption that thanking us somehow means we are "entitled" to some money off or whatever for next season doesn't make any financial sense.......unless you want us to go backwards.

If we are now in a better position than most clubs, then let's capitalise on it, pump cash into the club and hopefully get trophies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    So we pay our ST money to the club. Its the biggest single source of income the club get. That money helps the club to progress, hopefully achieving some success. The club sets ST prices which supporters then choose to pay - or not as the case may be. How do you see that as the club taking liberties? Bear in mind any discounts/refunds due to the situation this season reduces that income making the chance of success lower.
    You make some fair points - that’s what “they” want us to think instead so they don’t need to do any additional work to generate revenue.

Promise (or at least set expectations) that they’d reward loyalty for last season - nothing.

Promise an enhanced TV package for the current season - nothing.

Charge extra for seats based on where they are in the ground. Not their fault no one can sit in them but no extra benefit for doing so. Not even a mention of it. Or a thank you.

Instead they charge more to renew using the 11 month payment plan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Oh I knew that would be the case and thought twice about posting. I bet I wasn’t the only one as I knew there’d be a backlash from those that think the club can do no wrong.

Oh I knew that would be the case and thought twice about posting. I bet I wasn’t the only one as I knew there’d be a backlash from those that think the club can do no wrong.
    I don't think the club can do no wrong, but I struggle with the concept that they should give us something "back" because there would be a cost attached.

I buy a ST to help us get the best players we can afford. Same as why I give to HSL.

If giving us all a free strip (or whatever) means we can't finance signing Leigh Griffiths, for example, that would be ****ing stupid.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

We still have big costs to cover, and £2m insurance (only 10% collected) won't fill the hole of lost away ends and hospitality for a season.

We have been thanked multiple times for our support this season.

Any assumption that thanking us somehow means we are "entitled" to some money off or whatever for next season doesn't make any financial sense.......unless you want us to go backwards.

If we are now in a better position than most clubs, then let's capitalise on it, pump cash into the club and hopefully get trophies.
    I’d imagine legally they will have to offer a refund of some sort but will be hoping very few people take them up on it. I know a season ticket purchase is usually a sign of loyalty to a club and most of us won’t take a refund but at the end of the day people have paid for something they didn’t receive. We’ve all demanded refunds for holidays etc so the club won’t be exempt from these requests if they get any.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said, I'm glad you did post what you have done.

You make some fair points - that’s what “they” want us to think instead so they don’t need to do any additional work to generate revenue.

Promise (or at least set expectations) that they’d reward loyalty for last season - nothing.

Charge extra for seats based on where they are in the ground. Not their fault no one can sit in them but no extra benefit for doing so. Not even a mention of it. Or a thank you.

As GD says, the club needs cash just to continue functioning. If they start discounting ST prices things will start to creak. Would you be happy if you got a tenner knocked off your ST renewal or a free pen and a lucky bag if it was at the expense of us being able to sign better quality?

Since RG arrived, the commercial side has picked up hugely. Look at all the new partners we've brought on board. There will be some financial benefits from those but probably not enough to plug any ST funding gaps.

And the payment plan - think its 10 months rather than 11 - is an external arrangement. Are you expecting the club to cover the cost of your interest? Maybe you are based on your other responses.

As for the bit in bold, what are you expecting from the club here? The benefit of paying for a more expensive seat is you get a better view surely? What do want thanked for?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    As GD says, the club needs cash just to continue functioning. If they start discounting ST prices things will start to creak. Would you be happy if you got a tenner knocked off your ST renewal or a free pen and a lucky bag if it was at the expense of us being able to sign better quality?

Since RG arrived, the commercial side has picked up hugely. Look at all the new partners we've brought on board. There will be some financial benefits from those but probably not enough to plug any ST funding gaps.

And the payment plan - think its 10 months rather than 11 - is an external arrangement. Are you expecting the club to cover the cost of your interest? Maybe you are based on your other responses.

As for the bit in bold, what are you expecting from the club here? The benefit of paying for a more expensive seat is you get a better view surely? What do want thanked for?
    Is it 10 months? Still the same - there’s been no interest in the past but now even in the current situation they’re adding this on.

We didn’t get to sit in the seats last season so no benefit received. Bronze received the same as Gold. Maybe they should bill the bronze holders for the difference.

Is it 10 months? Still the same - there’s been no interest in the past but now even in the current situation they’re adding this on.

We didn’t get to sit in the seats last season so no benefit received. Bronze received the same as Gold. Maybe they should bill the bronze holders for the difference.
    If it bothers you that much, don't buy one, just watch the games you want in the cheapest seats you can get. Nobody is twisting your arm mate.

@hibs.net private member
    If it bothers you that much, don't buy one, just watch the games you want in the cheapest seats you can get. Nobody is twisting your arm mate.
    Genuinely considering this mate - 4 season tickets is a costly business. I’m sure the club aren’t fussy either.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Don’t see anything wrong with what you’ve posted here.

You’ve not asked for anything back and will pay more than you did last year so it seems a fair enough discussion to have.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Don’t see anything wrong with what you’ve posted here.

You’ve not asked for anything back and will pay more than you did last year so it seems a fair enough discussion to have.
    I agree with Danderhall Hibs as well.

The way I see it there looking for the fans to spend more money (if we take the interest payment option) despite us not seeing a live game this season & it’s unlikely all season ticket holders will get to every single game next season.... So the club need to think of something to get us to spend our money. They possibly need to speculate to accumulate

There are however things they could do which wouldn’t cost a great deal on money

- Prize draws for each game for upgraded tickets , free pies , free pints in behind the goals, signed match ball, signed match strip there are loads of things that could have massive impact vs little cost

Take a family of 4 as an example, they could be looking at forking out £1500 and potentially only get to see 5/6 games ? With the rest on Hibs TV. Your asking a lot of loyalty to get someone to do that opposed to signing up for one adult and getting a Hibs TV log they can all use.

There was mention of match programs, extra Hibs tv content etc at beginning of this season however I’ve seen none sure someone can maybe correct me if wrong

The club have been pretty good in terms of thanking the fans to an extent however that could be said for all the clubs , our content output vs others tho has been terrible. I’ve not really seen any difference personally

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I agree with Danderhall Hibs as well.
    It’s a legitimate point - i raised it on the AGM episode Longbangers did, and had sort of talked myself out of it by the time I was done.

I’d have liked Hibs to have considered making it blanket prices across the ground for this coming season. I bought Gold tickets last season and (accepting nobody could do anything about it) got no difference from having bought a Bronze ticket.

I don’t mind, in the grand scheme of things I’ve kept a good seat and can renew it again this season, but Hibs could have said “ok, we couldn’t give you what you paid for last season, so we’ll park it this season and once we’ll go back to that pricing from next again season “

To me, that wouldn’t have put any outlay on the club, there’d be a bit of a drop in income but I think folk would have been satisfied with that resolution. It essentially swaps pricing for this current season where we couldn’t attend and get the benefit of the better seats, with next when we can - like we’ve paid in advance, if you like.

All that said, i get the folly in giving Hibs cash with one hand and then limiting the income with the other, and so the conclusion that i generally come to is that the money for this season is already spent (both by me and by Hibs) and so I’m happy to write it off, understanding what it means to the club.

I do think we need to deliver on the promises to folk renewing this season though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

What's the hold up? Is it further discussions with the government?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I bought ST'S for me and my son for years. Last season I didn't want a refund, this season I don't want a refund or any special treatment. Call me a happy clapper or whatever but I will buy again for next season even knowing that we may still have restrictions in place. I'm not sure what folk think Hibs have done wrong in any of this ****show of the last 15 months or so. I'm glad that my ST and everyone else's has managed to keep Hibs going and actually doing pretty well to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I bought ST'S for me and my son for years. Last season I didn't want a refund, this season I don't want a refund or any special treatment. Call me a happy clapper or whatever but I will buy again for next season even knowing that we may still have restrictions in place. I'm not sure what folk think Hibs have done wrong in any of this ****show of the last 15 months or so. I'm glad that my ST and everyone else's has managed to keep Hibs going and actually doing pretty well to be honest.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Im like this, however was a little pissed off about the HibsTv content. Was supposed to be far more content through the week etc yet all we really got were the interview that were widely available on YouTube. Was a fairly quick win that the club failed massively with.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Im like this, however was a little pissed off about the HibsTv content. Was supposed to be far more content through the week etc yet all we really got were the interview that were widely available on YouTube. Was a fairly quick win that the club failed massively with.
    I think that’s fair. I get the restricted access to players etc because of Covid but at the same time, you see fan created content out regularly.

If I take Longbangers as an example, we put out 3 episodes a week usually, among that player interviews (or ex-players) for the cost of a Zoom subscription.

I don’t want a refund, wouldn’t think of asking for one and I’ll renew as soon as the tickets are available to do so, but there were definitely some of the “we’ll make it up to you” promises that fell short when it came to it, some unavoidable and totally understandable, others less so.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Black swan event. Perfectly content/understanding handing over my money to Hibs and not seeing them in person.

My reward? Pole position for EUROPE and still in the Scottish Cup - Continued progress in either of these brings in extra revenue therefore reinvested in the squad to pull further away from Aberdeen/hearts..

My only fear is Hibs TV will not be able to screen the EUROPA games because of some bureaucratic SFA/FIFA clause

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

The ten month plan in recent seasons was also with an external lender (Zebra Finance) and there was interest, however it was paid by the club. So essentially the club got less money for ST's bought using the payment plan.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    The benefits that people seem to expect will be a better team on the pitch and hopefully more success

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It’s a legitimate point - i raised it on the AGM episode Longbangers did, and had sort of talked myself out of it by the time I was done.

I’d have liked Hibs to have considered making it blanket prices across the ground for this coming season. I bought Gold tickets last season and (accepting nobody could do anything about it) got no difference from having bought a Bronze ticket.

I don’t mind, in the grand scheme of things I’ve kept a good seat and can renew it again this season, but Hibs could have said “ok, we couldn’t give you what you paid for last season, so we’ll park it this season and once we’ll go back to that pricing from next again season “

To me, that wouldn’t have put any outlay on the club, there’d be a bit of a drop in income but I think folk would have been satisfied with that resolution. It essentially swaps pricing for this current season where we couldn’t attend and get the benefit of the better seats, with next when we can - like we’ve paid in advance, if you like.

All that said, i get the folly in giving Hibs cash with one hand and then limiting the income with the other, and so the conclusion that i generally come to is that the money for this season is already spent (both by me and by Hibs) and so I’m happy to write it off, understanding what it means to the club.

I do think we need to deliver on the promises to folk renewing this season though.
    Good post and I like your suggestion, I’d certainly have been happy with that. I accepted when I bought my ticket it was possibly going to just be a donation. It still doesn’t stop me feeling like the club are taking our loyalty for granted though and promises of additional benefits for season ticket holders are really empty ones IMO.

I thought dp00 made some excellent points/suggestions in his post too. How hard would it be for example to do some draws for signed tops/balls ?

Would it not be the Finance provider who is charging more?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    I believe they’ve always charged with Hibs picking up the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I believe they’ve always charged with Hibs picking up the bill.
    Aye Hibs paid the interest so you effectively got a discount.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Aye Hibs paid the interest so you effectively got a discount.
    So Hibs paid the interest of others which means schmucks like me who paid up front lost out? I for one am outraged.

I demand..............something

Are there any of those pens left?????

As it turns out, it was the worst possible time for Hibs to have introduced pricing categories for Season Tickets, instead if having them all one price.

I'm not one of the people affected but I thought the club should maybe have parked that for season 21/22.

I can see that it's a difficult argument, though, as there are others (myself included) who bought multiple STs and ended up sitting at home watching the games on TV, so didn't exactly get our money's worth either

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    If the interest levels are the same then it’s hibs passing on the cost.