hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it's not. If it it were our only income our wage bill would be a lot smaller than it currently is.
    Okay it is our most significant income, by a margin. I’m sure we have other bits of commercial, TV, merchandise and PPV but this year, our season ticket money is largely what we have to keep us going.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I have no other explanation other than a club employee told me this week that all the ST income had been ring fenced and remained untouched due to the uncertainty about the season being fulfilled and refunds being enforced.
    No chance of that being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Okay it is our most significant income, by a margin. I’m sure we have other bits of commercial, TV, merchandise and PPV but this year, our season ticket money is largely what we have to keep us going.
    This is correct, additionally prize money from cup competitions and HSL. It wasn't correct to say season tickets are basically our only income.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 10-01-2021 at 11:40 AM.

I have no other explanation other than a club employee told me this week that all the ST income had been ring fenced and remained untouched due to the uncertainty about the season being fulfilled and refunds being enforced.
    Not a chance. Also not a chance of refunds being inforced. They sell the STs promoting the fact that the money will pay for players. There is no chance we have enough income from elsewhere to keep the club running.

Coaching Staff
    This is correct, additionally prize money from cup competitions and HSL. It wasn't correct to say season tickets are basically our only income.
    I don't think these things have much impact to the extent that our wage bill would be 'a lot smaller' than it is.

Season tickets are by far the biggest income stream we have this season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No chance of that being the case.
    I believe there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Not a chance. Also not a chance of refunds being inforced. They sell the STs promoting the fact that the money will pay for players. There is no chance we have enough income from elsewhere to keep the club running.
    We’ll see.

I think we have to sell as many season tickets as we can in the usual way or we are going to be looking at losing a fortune to the extent that we could not keep the squad going as we are.

Converting tickets also looks a bit of a logistical issue.

We will get some drop off, no doubt, but setting out that best case you are halving your income further would be hugely problematic.

Hi Andy. Yes, these are all reasonable concerns but how I see it is...

If we go for the full on Season Ticket, as per this season, the numbers sold will drop massively. Quite a few posters on here have already said they wouldn't be willing to pay as much a second time with no guarantee of getting to see games in person.

So, with that in mind, it's not really a case of comparing any income from this proposal to the current level of income, as (IMO) we just won't match that a second time.

With regard to converting to a full Season Ticket: The Season Ticket (card) would already be sent out to the 'Member', so we wouldn't have to do that again.

The difficult part would be in people paying the remainder of the money, which is a logistical challenge. However, there are supporters that have vast amounts of experience doing stuff like this that would consider giving their time free of charge, if the need arose, e.g. I'd be happy to do just that.

There's also the option for supporters that are in a comfortable financial position, and willing to do so, to take on an extra option where they pay the full amount of a Season Ticket. This could be added as an option on the Season Ticket purchase page on the web-site. They would (obviously) then be removed from the list of Members required to pay extra when supporters are allowed back in stadiums.

I realise there are lots of other potential issues not yet discussed, but I think this proposal could be used as a starting point and we could work our way round the many 'corner cases' in a reasonable way.

Coaching Staff
    I believe there is.
    So you are telling me that if there are no refunds on games this year we are going to make a significant profit of about £4m because we've managed to get by without spending season ticket money?

If Ron is handing us another very large chunk of money then that's lovely, we haven't heard of that.

There just isn't another way that we can go from a position of losing money in a normal year, to losing a big chunk of our income and also be able to go the whole season not touching our main source of income.

I don't think these things have much impact to the extent that our wage bill would be 'a lot smaller' than it is.

Season tickets are by far the biggest income stream we have this season.
    Nobody is disputing season tickets are our biggest income.

Do you know how much we get in TV revenue each season combined from the league, Scottish cup and league cup? And prize money from each of those competitions combined? I'd suggest if we didn't have that each year our wage bill would be a lot lower.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 10-01-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I don’t see how they can legally refuse a refund if someone asks for one, they haven’t provided what was sold.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I don’t see how they can legally refuse a refund if someone asks for one, they haven’t provided what was sold.
    We’re you sold a ST to attend the ground? I wasn’t.

Do you know how much we get in TV revenue each season combined from the league, Scottish cup and league cup? And prize money from each of those competitions combined? I'd suggest if we didn't have that each year our wage bill would be a lot lower.
    If we win the League Cup we’ll get £300,000 prize money.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If we win the League Cup we’ll get £300,000 prize money.
    And to Hibs that is a huge amount of money. Certainly enough to make an impact on what we can offer in terms of wages.

That almost pays for 2 first team players on £3000 a week for an entire season.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I heard something similar with regards the season ticket money. Wasn’t sure what to make of it ‘cos I couldn’t understand how we could go through the season without touching it, even taking into consideration the cuts we had made.

A bizarre take on it in my opinion. Of course he was as were you.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 10-01-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Yes, we were. I won’t be looking for any money back but when I bought my season ticket in March/April last year I didn’t anticipate that I wouldn’t be attending in person for over a year.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    As Ron Gordon has put in place a loan facility would it not be possible for there to be some arrangement where the loan is activated, but only to be used if ST money cannot be accessed -ie it's a nominal debt but will not be needed in the likely event ST money can be used?

Seems a complicated way of doing it but might explain the info people have picked up?

Coaching Staff

We make a sensible budget based on a certain level of TV income, cup runs etc.

In any case, what I’m saying is that there’s zero chance we aren’t touching season ticket money. In an ordinary year we lose money or just about break even. That’s having used it all.

I don’t see any way other than someone handing us upwards of £4m that this would be the case.

Of all the unlikely things I’ve heard on here, this is up there.

We make a sensible budget based on a certain level of TV income, cup runs etc.

In any case, what I’m saying is that there’s zero chance we aren’t touching season ticket money. In an ordinary year we lose money or just about break even. That’s having used it all.

I don’t see any way other than someone handing us upwards of £4m that this would be the case.

Of all the unlikely things I’ve heard on here, this is up there.
    I've no reason to believe the posters are making it up. If two different posters have heard the same thing then I wouldn't instantly dismiss it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Yes of course I expected to miss a good few games but I was sold three seats in the stand and expected to be able to use them.

One thing that Hibs should consider refunding is the difference between Silver/Gold tiers. People have paid different amounts to watch the game in the exact same way ie on the telly.

Another consideration for me will be whether the club follows through with its intention to increase the cost of my season ticket by around 20% for the second year in a row.

I'd like to think that will be paused.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I'm not sure how they'd calculate a refund given they've provided access to the games live on TV as a substitute.

I can't see refunds being enforced, I'm not sure who would enforce it either.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'm not sure how they'd calculate a refund given they've provided access to the games live on TV as a substitute.

I can't see refunds being enforced, I'm not sure who would enforce it either.
    They'd deduct the PPV cost of every home game when calculating any refund, regardless of whether it was watched (same as a season ticket entitles you to attend, but there is no refund if you can't make it).

Difficult to enforce a refund though when we knew at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to attend all the games and there was a risk that we couldn't attend any. Caveat emptor.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    They'd deduct the PPV cost of every home game when calculating any refund, regardless of whether it was watched (same as a season ticket entitles you to attend, but there is no refund if you can't make it).....

I bought one Adult and two Youths tickets, so quite a few questions arise from that:

Would I get money back based on my total spend or just on my Adult ticket?

Or, would they work out PPV times three (one for each of us that watched the game) and then calculate the refund based on that?

Also, would the refund be based on all nineteen games or just the ones that were only available on HibsPass (as some people also had paid subscriptions on TV channels so would, in effect, be paying twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    ...Difficult to enforce a refund though when we knew at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to attend all the games and there was a risk that we couldn't attend any. Caveat emptor.

Exactly
    Last edited by Keith_M; 10-01-2021 at 04:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone know how we got on with our Insurance claim, re last seasons games being cancelled

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Will purchase 2 more for me and the laddie for the coming season but completely understand others that can't

Should be a membership, direct debit monthly payment. Id join then as long as games online.

12 month payments or one off would be good. Money all year round for Hibs.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Should be a membership, direct debit monthly payment. Id join then as long as games online.

12 month payments or one off would be good. Money all year round for Hibs.
    The system for buying players means that you need big lumps of money at certain times not even amounts spread over a year.