hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’ve already made my thoughts clear on paying a higher price this season for the same “return” as someone who has a seat in a bronze category so won’t go over that again. But what the introduction of the seating categories says to me is the club is trying to maximise income, so paying interest on a payment plan doesn’t surprise me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Business point of view maybe smarter as they’re able to charge more while saying they’re not.

Marketing wise - are we doing any? Other than leaking the prices a few days early?
    I think it's fairly safe to say when we actually release the details rather than the strategic leak we have had so far that 'price freeze' will be pushed to the forefront of the marketing whilst 'interest charge' will be a bit less prominent.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think it's fairly safe to say when we actually release the details rather than the strategic leak we have had so far that 'price freeze' will be pushed to the forefront of the marketing whilst 'interest charge' will be a bit less prominent.
    Whoever put this up, make a backside of it, and caused friction amongst our great supporters.

PS Killie going to offer a discount to holders who renew

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Yeah I see that.

Your hearts mates will also be receiving a credit in their ticket for games that were on tv this season so no need to log into the hearts pass.

Other clubs do different things or their fans - we paid our money for last year and couple a couple of passing thanks in interviews and that and are now being asked to do the same again but pay a bit more.
    Not quite

They were given the choice of watching games like us this season but if they didnt get 18 home matches (Hearts were banking on a cup run ho ho ho ) there was the possibility of alternative "value stuff" to make up the diff.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...-value-package

The only reason for that is because they are in the seaside leagues and have a shorter season and hence fewer home matches to stream than us top division jonnies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not quite

They were given the choice of watching games like us this season but if they didnt get 18 home matches (Hearts were banking on a cup run ho ho ho ) there was the possibility of alternative "value stuff" to make up the diff.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...-value-package

The only reason for that is because they are in the seaside leagues and have a shorter season and hence fewer home matches to stream than us top division jonnies.
    My mate said he gets a credit every time they’re on telly?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Sounds like he has the wrong end of the stick, but worth asking him to clarify.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sounds like he has the wrong end of the stick, but worth asking him to clarify.
    Not my problem

Your mates wrong. Once you logged in to watch one game, you were accepting the fact that it counted as "at tynecastle"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Your mates wrong. Once you logged in to watch one game, you were accepting the fact that it counted as "at tynecastle"
    He amazes me - he’s a really intelligent guy but when it comes to hearts he’s totally blinded.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    He amazes me - he’s a really intelligent guy but when it comes to hearts he’s totally blinded.
    Seems a bit of a contradiction that.

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    After the year we have all had, and the fact Hibs are part of what's kept me sane, I'll pay whatever to get a season ticket next season, especially with European football (again), exciting plans via the AGM, and the whole club looking far more rosy. Four derbies into the mix, I'd say it's a great time to invest in one if those have the means to
    Three derbies

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    On the interest front, I think it’s 7.75% or was anyway (that’s what’s quoted in last years ST info), that would mean on £400 it would be £31. £3 a month on a 10 month plan. My view is I’d rather we paid that than the club pay that for every single person, costing around 6 figures.

I get it will cost a little more to the person, but Hibs themselves have frozen the price of the season ticket.

I also don’t think £3 per month (if it was that) would stop anyone from renewing, if it became unaffordable because of this I’d probably be questioning whether they should have been paying for one in the first place (in the nicest possible way).
    Still wonder if this is where Hibernian Supporters could play a role rather than some finance company profiting.

What about offering some packages?
    A - £40 a month to HS - includes season ticket and donation to HS over 12 months of £80 on a £400 season ticket

B - £50 a month - includes season ticket, home shirt and donation to HS of £100 on a £400 season ticket and £50 for Kicks for kids.

Appreciate there will be complexities and a bit more administration ensuring people pay but HS could really give themselves a purpose and a really powerful voice in the club if they were brokering a significant number of ST and merchandise purchases.

If not HS then the club could surely offer something like this and could offset any lost interest by including merchandise and the like. People have spoken before about viewing it as a monthly membership rather than ST and Hibs could put some packages (inc merchandise, stadium tour, members' night, dvd of season highlights etc) together to get the fans signed up.

Just needs a bit of imagination.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Think the argument was that if they were on TV then you never had to login though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Still wonder if this is where Hibernian Supporters could play a role rather than some finance company profiting.

What about offering some packages?
    A - £40 a month to HS - includes season ticket and donation to HS over 12 months of £80 on a £400 season ticket

B - £50 a month - includes season ticket, home shirt and donation to HS of £100 on a £400 season ticket and £50 for Kicks for kids.

Appreciate there will be complexities and a bit more administration ensuring people pay but HS could really give themselves a purpose and a really powerful voice in the club if they were brokering a significant number of ST and merchandise purchases.

If not HS then the club could surely offer something like this and could offset any lost interest by including merchandise and the like. People have spoken before about viewing it as a monthly membership rather than ST and Hibs could put some packages (inc merchandise, stadium tour, members' night, dvd of season highlights etc) together to get the fans signed up.

Just needs a bit of imagination.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Schemes like that I like. And I think will be something the club looks at more going forward, membership style. I do think they still want to get as many people paying up front as possible and by incentivising these things then it may take away a lot of up front customers.

To get around the non payers it would simply be the first month payment is the shirt, every month after that is paying the season ticket, and any months missed the season ticket gets put on hold until paid. Final payments are the HS donations to the club.

Sounds like he's lying. That's what they do when you've got something new to slag them about. They just tell an outright lie to cover it up. Usually asking a question or two about it will get them to slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Think the argument was that if they were on TV then you never had to login though.
    Yeah, but that's not how it worked. It was once you have used hearts tv once, it was assumed that you would take it up for every game. I've heard a lot of fans actually opted out and chose to PPV the odd game that they had to. If thats true, hearts ST income will be greatly reduced

I think Hibs have missed the mark a wee bit with this. Whilst not as outraged as some on here, I actually think hibs should have upped each ST cost by 10-20 pounds and then given renewals double that off ie. 20-40.
    As for the interest point. Having used it, it's a shame to lose it, but I'm surprised hibs have paid it for as long as they have, I had heard it would be gone for last year and possibly the year before too. A lot of other clubs don't pay the interest cost

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think Hibs will be able to firm up on details and officially launch the ST campaign now that the right to continue to stream matches next season has been formalised.

It's obviously not ideal, but while there's still doubt about attendances in the grounds it's pretty important.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think Hibs will be able to firm up on details and officially launch the ST campaign now that the right to continue to stream matches next season has been formalised.

It's obviously not ideal, but while there's still doubt about attendances in the grounds it's pretty important.

Like everyone else I'd rather be there in person, but it's good to know that the games will still be available if numbers in the grounds are restricted or there's another wave.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

No comment on Celtic making their games available. They might need the money next year I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but that's not how it worked. It was once you have used hearts tv once, it was assumed that you would take it up for every game. I've heard a lot of fans actually opted out and chose to PPV the odd game that they had to. If thats true, hearts ST income will be greatly reduced
    Outstanding. Sounds like they’ve backtracked about 3 times on it, from any games you miss, to computer screens count, now to one computer screen counts for the full season 😂 they’ll lap it up tae.

Season ticket information coming out tomorrow.

No guarantees of attending games as the games will be balloted at Home (although corporate holders get in without ballot to every game).
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 19-04-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

No gaurantees of attending games as the games will be balloted at Home (although corporate holders get in without ballot to every game).
    Halfers on a Corporate? I'll take the 2nd half. 😜

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

No gaurantees of attending games as the games will be balloted at Home (although corporate holders get in without ballot to every game).
    Think AST holders should given access to all homes games next season.

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Halfers on a Corporate? I'll take the 2nd half. 😜
    Fed up now R, why are we even bothering, when Club not interested in Joe Public.

Joe should’ve bought a bigger ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Think AST holders should given access to all homes games next season.

Behave .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

No guarantees of attending games as the games will be balloted at Home (although corporate holders get in without ballot to every game).
    It’s going to take some marketing video to sell in the numbers we done last year.

It’s going to take some marketing video to sell in the numbers we done last year.
    Read tonight that Clubs will have the same agreements to show matches on streams again. Doesn't seem likely fans will get use of their season tickets again. £420 again to maybe see ten games in flesh?

@hibs.net private member
    Read tonight that Clubs will have the same agreements to show matches on streams again. Doesn't seem likely fans will get use of their season tickets again. £420 again to maybe see ten games in flesh?
    Agreed - it’s an unprecedented time for everyone so they can’t play on that one. Now we saw that the meteor didn’t strike as predicted we know the clubs will be ok there will definitely be a few lost.