hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Sustainability a still challenge down South

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A non entity football club who just make up the numbers. Running up eye watering losses to continue to be a bit part player in English football is just ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s so many clubs so desperate to get into the PL they’ll spend anything. If they get up and stay up they avoid any penalties for overspending, just Aston Villa did, which is what I expect is their plan.

The problem with that is, if they get relegated, the EFL will come after them when they come back down just as they did QPR.

The reality is that clubs are a unlikely to go up and in the long term will end up with a stiff points penalty, a massive debt they can’t service and likely relegation to league 1 like Sheffield Wednesday and Derby.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s so many clubs so desperate to get into the PL they’ll spend anything. If they get up and stay up they avoid any penalties for overspending, just Aston Villa did, which is what I expect is their plan.

The problem with that is, if they get relegated, the EFL will come after them when they come back down just as they did QPR.

The reality is that clubs are a unlikely to go up and in the long term will end up with a stiff points penalty, a massive debt they can’t service and likely relegation to league 1 like Sheffield Wednesday and Derby.
    aka the invisible hand of the Sheik, I mean market :)

but seriously you have to ask yourself what the logical conclusion to this?

is it the last men standing get to break away and carve up more of the spoils between themselves - forcing a cull and survival of the fittest? Well that’s what they attempted? Is it Sky to be kingmakers - could the door still be open for the uglies?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Aston Villa will quite rightfully get theirs when/if relegated, they should have given Derby more than just the 10 points reduction imo :)

best get out quick SJM :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 17-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.