hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Current position is unsustainable. As soon as the majority of adults are vaccinated in the Uk, and hospitalisations & death rates drop, the population will simply stop listening. Covid is likely to be around us for years to come and we'll all just have to live with it. If that means many of us getting mildly sick from time to time, then so be it.

Moving between countries and holidaying abroad may be a different matter..
    I think I’m with you there. The population, generally, has been incredibly good at keeping to the rules but the vaccine has to be a game changer in so many ways. Not immediately but, as you say, when the rates start to nose dive and people are showing signs of not becoming seriously ill, the economy must be given a chance to get moving again and people have to be able to get back to something like normal.

But regardless of that, if Hibs are in Europe from a third place standpoint, I suspect a large number of supporters will be backing the effort with a season ticket purchase.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 10-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I bought a ST for this season knowing there would be little to no chance of attending games. Fortunate to be able to and so will renew continuously as long as I am working.
    I wonder how many people would have done likewise if last June they knew what they now know.

Wonder if they will wait with the ST announcements as obviously getting 3rd and into Europe will sell more.

Haven’t seen any clubs in the U.K. advertise for next season yet as obviously so many unknowns still.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Wonder if they will wait with the ST announcements as obviously getting 3rd and into Europe will sell more.

Haven’t seen any clubs in the U.K. advertise for next season yet as obviously so many unknowns still.
    Aye going to be interesting to see what the first club to do so are offering - don’t envy the marketing team this job tbh

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Just checked and 9 March was the date last year on which seasons went on sale. So it’ll be interesting to see whether that remains the case this year.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Just checked and 9 March was the date last year on which seasons went on sale. So it’ll be interesting to see whether that remains the case this year.
    Was there confirmation of that date and prices in advance? I'm assuming there was and probably before this point last year.

I don't expect Hibs to rush this through though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Was there confirmation of that date and prices in advance? I'm assuming there was and probably before this point last year.

I don't expect Hibs to rush this through though.
    9th March was when the prices were announced, they went on sale on 27th March.

Me and family of 4 will renew no matter what but I understand it’s down to what personal financial circumstances for each person when it comes down to the matter of numbers usually it’s a feel good factor situation the numbers in the past few season have been phenomenal to say the least if you add the possibility of ending 3rd in the league and a spell of European football think even in these trying times our sales could rocket

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Finger on the pulse as always SDG.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Finger on the pulse as always SDG.
    The only reason I remember was because we went into lockdown on 23rd March and I remember a debate on here about whether Hibs would still decide to continue with the plan to start selling season tickets a few days after the season had been paused and the lockdown had been announced and so there was so much uncertainty about the future of fans at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yup you’re spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Me and family of 4 will renew no matter what but I understand it’s down to what personal financial circumstances for each person when it comes down to the matter of numbers usually it’s a feel good factor situation the numbers in the past few season have been phenomenal to say the least if you add the possibility of ending 3rd in the league and a spell of European football think even in these trying times our sales could rocket
    I like the sound of a season ticket with a Europa League supplement on offer!

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully we will have the same dates as down south for coming out of lockdown.
    They are talking about crowds of 10000 before end of season and no restrictions from around 21st June , that would help with with season ticket sales .

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m hoping we don’t have to watch the Malaprop sisters, in the season ticket ad

Might only be season ticket holders allowed in for the first 2-3 months if reduced capacity which may encourage folk to renew

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m hoping we don’t have to watch the Malaprop sisters, in the season ticket ad

oooft, forgot about that, thanks/no thanks

After shelling out for 4 Season tickets this season and declining the refund from last season. Add the 4 Hibs tops purchased 2 home and 2 away for the kids plus some training gear. It looks like next season I won't be able to justify buying the 4 tickets again unless there will be fans back by early next season.
    Some hard choices to be made in my family.
    Hopefully fans will be back and i can renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Might only be season ticket holders allowed in for the first 2-3 months if reduced capacity which may encourage folk to renew
    In England, is all goes to plan, 10k crowds from 17 May. And from 21 June

"The fourth step will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs."

My reading of that is, no restriction on crowds indoors or out.

As long as Scotland don't get too cute, we could see full stadia from June onwards, perfect timing for Euro matches and the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    In England, is all goes to plan, 10k crowds from 17 May. And from 21 June

"The fourth step will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs."

My reading of that is, no restriction on crowds indoors or out.

As long as Scotland don't get too cute, we could see full stadia from June onwards, perfect timing for Euro matches and the new season.
    Hopefully mate 👍

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Hopefully we will have the same dates as down south for coming out of lockdown.
    They are talking about crowds of 10000 before end of season and no restrictions from around 21st June , that would help with with season ticket sales .
    Doubtful

Suggestion in this morning’s English press that limited crowds may be back for the last day of the season.

Suggestion in this morning’s English press that limited crowds may be back for the last day of the season.
    Yes 17th May up to 10,000 fans may be able to attend football matches in England.

I'd be surprised if it's that early up here to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    I wonder how many people would have done likewise if last June they knew what they now know.
    I bought my first season ticket last year and didn’t expect to sit in my seat during this season. As I live on the west coast I’ve seen more games this season than ever before. Now fully addicted and looking forward renewing ST and to more travel to my home town next season.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Hopefully mate 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Doubtful
    I'm feeling both of these right now

Having just shelled out on Rugby World Cup tickets it made me wonder when my next significant event expenditure will be - and in turn when season tickets will likely be marketed. Anyone heard anything?

Having just shelled out on Rugby World Cup tickets it made me wonder when my next significant event expenditure will be - and in turn when season tickets will likely be marketed. Anyone heard anything?
    Think the club will hold off for 3 weeks which would see very small covid deaths and hospital numbers and a Scottish Govt announcement on the roll back towards normality. Another million Scots will also be vaccinated in that time and the weather will be warmer and brighter.

Basically need to wait a final month until things look and feel better.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 15-03-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Dundee Utd launch their season ticket campaign.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tic...dundeeunitedfc

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Dundee Utd launch their season ticket campaign.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tic...dundeeunitedfc
    That’s quite a big credit they are offering for those that bought this season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    That’s quite a big credit they are offering for those that bought this season.
    Am I missing something, it looks like they're just offering existing season ticket holders to renew at the same price they paid the previous year?

@hibs.net private member
    IIRC Hearts said that ST purchasers at the start of the season would be guaranteed 18 home games even if it bled into the next season.....

So at this rate ST holders will be getting next season for free....?