hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Season Tickets 2021/22

I suspect the club’s commercial team is already giving thought to marketing the above. Looking at the empty stands we continue to see every week and given the pace of vaccine deployment it seems pretty clear to me that the marketing for season tickets for next term will not be able to guarantee season ticket holders access to all matches.

Some commercial creativity and ingenuity shall be required, I expect - it will be interested to see what is presented. Whilst I suspect a good number of season ticket holders have been willing to write off the outlay for the 2020/21 season to support the club, whether the same numbers would be the same for another term - be it through choice or financial circumstances having changed for the worse - remains to be seen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’m in a position where I’ll cough up but many won’t be able to afford it. By August fans will be allowed at ER at least.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m in a position where I’ll cough up
    Have you stumbled on the new marketing slogan

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'll be able to afford a ST but appreciate if people can't/don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I’m in a position where I’ll cough up but many won’t be able to afford it. By August fans will be allowed at ER at least.
    I certainly hope so but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

If we get to renewal time in around 2 and a half months' time and we've still to see the inside of a stadium for what will have been a year by then, clubs will have a hard job with the campaign.

I'm sure a number of people will renew but I'd be surprised if it's anything like the numbers we got this season.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I certainly hope so but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

If we get to renewal time in around 2 and a half months' time and we've still to see the inside of a stadium for what will have been a year by then, clubs will have a hard job with the campaign.

I'm sure a number of people will renew but I'd be surprised if it's anything like the numbers we got this season.

I’m genuinely not convinced we’ll see sizeable, if any, crowds in central belt stadia by August. I’d love to be proven wrong, but wouldn’t count on it.

I wont be renewing until/unless there is a clear date that it will be guarenteed that fans are back in games. I let hibs keep my money for 19/20 and renewed this season knowing there was a chance we wouldnt be allowed into games but im not willing to do it again. If the situation isnt clear by the start of next season i will wait on half season tickets coming out.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I bought three for this season fully expecting to miss some games but not the whole season.

If it turns out I don’t see any games this season which looks likely and have no guarantees for next season then I won’t be renewing for the first time in about 20 years as I just can’t justify it over other expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I bought three for this season fully expecting to miss some games but not the whole season.

If it turns out I don’t see any games this season which looks likely and have no guarantees for next season then I won’t be renewing for the first time in about 20 years as I just can’t justify it over other expenses.
    I'm the same to be honest.

One of the things which might encourage me to renew is the fear of losing my seat that I've had for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

I’m genuinely not convinced we’ll see sizeable, if any, crowds in central belt stadia by August. I’d love to be proven wrong, but wouldn’t count on it.
    Me neither.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I will be renewing ,regardless of whether we are allowed in. I probably won’t get to many games even if we are but will still contribute.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'll renew ours for next season. Didn't expect to get to games this year but am hopeful for next season.

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage

One of the things which might encourage me to renew is the fear of losing my seat that I've had for 10 years.
    Never renewed this season as couldn't justify it. Had a great seat in the west stand for years and it was snapped up the first day it was released. Was gutted but will probably need to do the same again this year if nothing changes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

That is my thoughts too.

I'll definitely buy one for myself but hard to justify the two kids STs too. I bought all three this year but it is a heavy price to pay when the household income has taken a huge hit this year. For groups who go together the club has got us though as if I don't renew them all then I'll lose the seats next to my mates. I'd love to see kids being allowed to hold there seats for a year in recognition that it is usually an adult that is paying for 2, 3 or sometimes more seats and that is a big ask when you can't attend games and a single season ticket allows you to all watch at home. I'd happily pay a reasonable holding fee

They need to rebrand it.

Hibs memberships

Play your part supporting the community team and the benefits this brings to others.

Would be happily if they offered various options for ways to follow the team including reserving a seat whether fans are allowed in or not.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Will probably renew regardless but won’t be particularly happy paying a premium again just because my seat is central in the west. I get the logic about better seats costing more and appreciate the club couldn’t foresee us being unable to attend in person this season. Charging us the same as the seats further to the sides of the stand for next season would be fair IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Will probably renew regardless but won’t be particularly happy paying a premium again just because my seat is central in the west. I get the logic about better seats costing more and appreciate the club couldn’t foresee us being unable to attend in person this season. Charging us the same as the seats further to the sides of the stand for next season would be fair IMO.
    I think that’s a fair view. I will renew too but understand those who can’t afford to.

Those who can afford to but don’t i completely understand too. Just hope they also understand that it will mean we can’t afford to keep or sign good players.

That’s the choice we have to make.

I renewed this year but if it looks unlikely that crowds will be back for a large chunk or all of next season then I'd have to think a bit harder about it. I simply don't have the money for non essentials that may not be used.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Maybe delay the beginning of the season by a month and let fans in that have been vaccinated. PATG.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I renewed this year but if it looks unlikely that crowds will be back for a large chunk or all of next season then I'd have to think a bit harder about it. I simply don't have the money for non essentials that may not be used.
    What else do you spend your money on?

Cant do anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Maybe delay the beginning of the season by a month and let fans in that have been vaccinated. PATG.
    Not right at all to only let folk who have been vaccinated in

Gamer IDs

That’s why I renewed this season but I won’t be doing it again, we’ve got great seats and I’ve shown loyalty this season so would expect a bit in return from Hibs next season if there’s still no full houses at games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    That’s why I renewed this season but I won’t be doing it again, we’ve got great seats and I’ve shown loyalty this season so would expect a bit in return from Hibs next season if there’s still no full houses at games.
    I get your point 100%, but out of curiosity, what are you expecting from Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    What else do you spend your money on?

Cant do anything else
    Essentials.

My income has been cut significantly this year so unfortunately Hibs are reduced to just above the level of gym memberships, Sky Sports and take aways when thinking about what I spend.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I can afford it but if only a couple of thousand allowed its not the same atmosphere so wouldn’t be that bothered about going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs can take my money now. The football is one of the few things I have to look forward to just now. Miss going so much, but having games to watch on TV is so much better than that 5 lkng months of nothing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So long as I’ve got the cash for it, I’ll renew. Like it or not, the club is going to be in real difficulty if season ticket numbers fall off a cliff.

The response this season has been fantastic, if we can get close to those numbers again then it’ll probably see us through to the point where fans are allowed in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I get your point 100%, but out of curiosity, what are you expecting from Hibs
    I don’t really know to be honest but I’ve bought three season tickets and got nothing for them while I’ve had a refund for everything else I bought around the same time as my season tickets so can’t help feeling a bit like I’ve thrown money away.

I know I’ve got hibs pass but I would have had that by renewing just one of my kids tickets.

Maybe they could offer a discount on next season for people renewing, I know it’s tough for clubs just now but it’s no different to other businesses, we just don’t have the same loyalty towards other businesses so have demanded refunds from everyone else.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Essentials.

My income has been cut significantly this year so unfortunately Hibs are reduced to just above the level of gym memberships, Sky Sports and take aways when thinking about what I spend.
    I'm the same. My wife's income has been crippled and we are into savings for getting by each month. Hard to justify using savings for a product that I can watch for free on IPTV. In fact I have watched the home games on IPTV quite a few times as it is easier than logging in any of the 3 season tickets I pay for. Many of us renewed last year when I think most would have expected watching some football in person. Next year fans won't take anything for granted and the SG have made it clear that football is right at the bottom of the list of essential industries at least in terms of fans. The club reps will hopefully reach out and see if some ideas and compromises can be found so that the club continue to get the revenue needed and the fans don't shell out for a product they are not really receiving. Not that easy though unless the vaccine is a magic bullet and can be administered quickly, I very much doubt it myself.

Barring unforseen circumstances I will renew for next season. I see it as simply supporting the club, though obviously I hope fans will be back in at some point during next year, even if that's October ish.

I would guess than not going to ER for a chunk of last season and all of this one up to now has saved me a fortune even with the cost of my season ticket. I spend anywhere between 30 and 50 quid every time I go to ER and I would guess many people spend a lot more than that. Kind of offsets the cost of a ST for 21/20 if you look at it that way.

I suppose it depends each individuals circumstances and how they see being a supporter.

Some folk through no fault of their own simply wont be able to afford a season ticket next year. Some folk will have to balance the cost against a drop in income and wont be able to justify it. Some folk Hibs fan or not like to get value for money, they wont pay for a product they cant use even if they can afford it. Some folk will be able to afford it and see it as contributing to the survival of the club they follow games or not.

My guess is in the worst case scenario where football next season cant be guaranteed at all we will sell around 6,000 ST's If it looks like there's a decent chance after August around 7 to 8,000. I can't see us doing better than that though.