hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me that doesn’t rate him! Avg player at best and not sure how he would improve us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah mate, I’m not a fan either

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hibs just retweeted a tweet from Charleston Battery about Leland Archer. Is the blonde haired player behind him in the pic Thomas Roberts? Is he still here on trail?

https://twitter.com/chas_battery/sta...354094596?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Hibs just retweeted a tweet from Charleston Battery about Leland Archer. Is the blonde haired player behind him in the pic Thomas Roberts? Is he still here on trail?

It looks like him for sure. I think I read somewhere that him and the lads from Charleston had to self isolate before joining in training, so I wonder when they actually started training

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    It looks like him for sure. I think I read somewhere that him and the lads from Charleston had to self isolate before joining in training, so I wonder when they actually started training
    27th November for Archer I believe

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    The boy band thing was a bit of a sensationalist headline at the time of his appointment.....Lennon was referring more to the team over the years, particularly under Mowbray when we would beat Celtic one week and then lose to Motherwell the next. He actually praised Stubbs team for showing great character to win the cup after losing to Falkirk.
    Mowbray said as much himself. He used to go on about them coming in and bouncing about with blond spiky haircuts one after the other. He wasn’t wrong at the time, all of them were young boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Centre midfield is about the last position we currently need.
    It really isn't, and I'd suspect JR doesn't agree with you.

We need someone to protect the defence. I'm still unsure on Gogic. I like him and he can break up the opposition play but he's far from a disciplined centre mid. He goes walkabout far too often.

My one hope is that Gogic has been playing this way due to a general lack of energy in our midfield and he has been under instructions to try and bring that to the team. If Magennis can bring that energy then maybe Gogic can just sit and be the player I think we need. That's a possibility but we haven't seen anything yet to think it will happen.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    It really isn't, and I'd suspect JR doesn't agree with you.

We need someone to protect the defence. I'm still unsure on Gogic. I like him and he can break up the opposition play but he's far from a disciplined centre mid. He goes walkabout far too often.

My one hope is that Gogic has been playing this way due to a general lack of energy in our midfield and he has been under instructions to try and bring that to the team. If Magennis can bring that energy then maybe Gogic can just sit and be the player I think we need. That's a possibility but we haven't seen anything yet to think it will happen.
    Nah, Gogic is the guy when we need a sitting player.

Magennis is just getting up to speed and we have just about every different type of midfielder we need just now with Allan coming back too.

I doubt Ross’s view will be anywhere near yours to be honest. Magennis was the one type he thought we were missing previously. Hallberg and even McGinn are contributing when needed and Newell is probably our best player. Mallan is also kicking about.

The cover elsewhere is needed much more than another midfield player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This nonsense comes out all the time. Ask the players if he’s a leader. When was the last time we were bullied?
    Aberdeen at home?

Nah, Gogic is the guy when we need a sitting player.

Magennis is just getting up to speed and we have just about every different type of midfielder we need just now with Allan coming back too.

I doubt Ross’s view will be anywhere near yours to be honest. Magennis was the one type he thought we were missing previously. Hallberg and even McGinn are contributing when needed and Newell is probably our best player. Mallan is also kicking about.

The cover elsewhere is needed much more than another midfield player.
    You could be right. As I said, I'm hopeful that Gogic can be disciplined and play that role. He hasn't shown that yet though.

I just look at the two matches against Aberdeen, our biggest challengers for third. I know Gogic didn't play in one of those matches, but in both of them Aberdeen found it far to easy to play against us. We need to be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban Hibby View Post
    Aberdeen at home?
    They didn't get bullied, they got outplayed and squirrel sold the jerseys.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Not sure of the position but we need a real leader on the pitch. For all Paul Hanlon brings on the pitch he isn't a leader.
    We need a Scott Brown,Yogi or Shinnie
    type who drives us on. We still get bullied in too many games.
    Drivel

Priorities for me would be bringing in another CB and striker, preferably just a short term deal to help add depth to those positions.

We currently have 7 players who can play centre mid.The only reason I'd be looking at another centre mid is if we were preparing to lose Newell at the end of the season.

Jamie Murphy seems to be getting niggling injuries consistently now, so I hope this current one isn't serious and long term. When he is fit he brings so much to the team with his goals and creativity and is one of the best summer signings. I think it might be worth looking for backup for him for the 2nd half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    You could be right. As I said, I'm hopeful that Gogic can be disciplined and play that role. He hasn't shown that yet though.

I just look at the two matches against Aberdeen, our biggest challengers for third. I know Gogic didn't play in one of those matches, but in both of them Aberdeen found it far to easy to play against us. We need to be harder.
    He has when we play a 3 in midfield. You cant be a proper CDM in a midfield 2..... Newell or whoever would get battered if Gogic just sat in.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Jamie Murphy seems to be getting niggling injuries consistently now, so I hope this current one isn't serious and long term. When he is fit he brings so much to the team with his goals and creativity and is one of the best summer signings. I think it might be worth looking for backup for him for the 2nd half of the season.
    I agree with you. I somewhat doubt we have the budget to support this idea, but I'd be pleased to see it. Fingers crossed Murphy can just get himself back to fitness and keep it that way, that's certainly the best solution. Drey Wright has had a few niggles too which hasn't helped in that area.

I'd also be happy to see Bradley and Gullan given more opportunities in that position, though Bradley seems to favour cutting in on his left.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    I can't see us doing a huge amount of business in January given that we spent quite a bit by our standards during the summer and we haven't managed to get the crowds back as we might have hoped we would have by now. Realistically a cheap loan or two to give us some cover until the summer might make sense - a versatile defender and a forward who can also play out wide would be good. In terms of loans you want to get players in who can cover a few positions so that, even if they're not first pick, they get a reasonable chance to get game time and develop themselves while they're here, especially if it's younger players from bigger clubs down south that come in.

Looking longer term, if we're being honest, there's a good chance that we'll sign at least one player who has gone well for St Mirren this season, it just seems to be what we do. Anyway, I mentioned a player called Jake Doyle Hayes on the transfer thread last summer back when we were looking for a midfielder - he was linked to us in a couple of reports but it might have just been agents getting his name out there. In the end he signed at St. Mirren for a year and has been a standout for them in central midfield. It might make sense for us to take a look at him for a pre-contract for next season as he is the right age profile, could have a sell on value in the future and has shown he can do it in this league. Looks like a potential upgrade on Hallberg at the very least and would be available for free.

This thread on the St Mirren forum is a good read in terms of them going from not knowing who he is to being really impressed by him to a sense of resignation that he'll be at Hibs next year in the space of two pages:

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/fo...e-doyle-hayes/

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What’s the story with Robert going to Airdrie?
    Story below, escaping his da’s shadow.

Http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54423072
    Last edited by Oscar T Grouch; 13-12-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He has when we play a 3 in midfield. You cant be a proper CDM in a midfield 2..... Newell or whoever would get battered if Gogic just sat in.
    I've said quite a few times now, we need someone who can be disciplined. If we are playing with Newell, Boyle and Murphy for example then we need someone who is not going to get caught out of position as much as Gogic has to play alongside them. In a midfield 3, yes, I'm talking about a player could just sit. However he still needs to be smarter when playing in a 2. Too often he goes flying into a challenge, or attempts to intercept and doesn't make it, or decides its time to try and run past a few players. Often leaving us wide open.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...k-23162242.amp

McInnes looking to sign Ross Stewart and Allan Campbell, 300k required for the latter.

Both previously linked with us and who I imagine Ross still wants, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

A strong December and us being in a good position in January will be very important for tempting others to join.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

McInnes looking to sign Ross Stewart and Allan Campbell, 300k required for the latter.

Both previously linked with us and who I imagine Ross still wants, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

A strong December and us being in a good position in January will be very important for tempting others to join.
    Interesting that Aberdeen might have to wait until the summer. If Hibs can dig up some money in January then it would be great to being in Campbell on a long-term deal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

Did anyone listen to this?

Wondered if Archer gave any indication if there’s a chance he’ll sign or not?

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Interesting that Aberdeen might have to wait until the summer. If Hibs can dig up some money in January then it would be great to being in Campbell on a long-term deal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    It says that they’d be able to make cash bids in January even if they don’t sell anyone, so that probably rules us out.

Campbell is the one I really want us to get, a great player and the exact type were missing. He would help take us to the next level imo and still only 22 or so, plenty of resale value.

Stewart is a decent enough player but his goal scoring record isn’t the best, not sure I see us paying the amount required as he’d likely be third choice behind Doidge and Nisbet.

He’s mainly been playing off the left/right this season though I think which maybe explains his goal return and why were interested as he’s versatile.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

A midfield three of Campbell, McCrorie and Ferguson would be very strong for this level. Hopefully they don’t get him. Can’t see us going for him after bringing in Magennis.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Did anyone listen to this?

Wondered if Archer gave any indication if there’s a chance he’ll sign or not?
    There was no transfer chat at all.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A midfield three of Campbell, McCrorie and Ferguson would be very strong for this level. Hopefully they don’t get him. Can’t see us going for him after bringing in Magennis.
    It would be a sobering comparison to any 3 from Gogic/Newell/Mallan/Hallberg/Allan. If he will stay in Scotland it’s one we simply have to beat Aberdeen to however we manage it.

Wages are the real stumbling block for Campbell IMO, but wonder if Motherwell would accept Hallberg and Mallan, instead of cash, in January.
    Last edited by The Modfather; 13-12-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    It would be a sobering comparison to any 3 from Gogic/Newell/Mallan/Hallberg/Allan. If he will stay in Scotland it’s one we simply have to beat Aberdeen to however we manage it.

Wages are the real stumbling block for Campbell IMO, but wonder if Motherwell would accept Hallberg and Mallan, instead of cash, in January.
    Not really sobering at all.

Newell, Magennis, Allan, Gogic compare well with anything the Aberdeen midfield have. We are still above them and we haven’t really had the benefit of Allan and Magennis yet.

We also have different strengths and don’t have to rely on just a midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

Campbell's ambition could be the stumbling block and the fact he could get a nice wedge of a signing on fee from an English Championship team in the summer

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Not really sobering at all.

Newell, Magennis, Allan, Gogic compare well with anything the Aberdeen midfield have. We are still above them and we haven’t really had the benefit of Allan and Magennis yet.

We also have different strengths and don’t have to rely on just a midfield.
    I’d choose a 3 of McCrorie, Ferguson & Campbell over any combination of 3 of our midfielders (I’ll exclude Magennis from that as we don’t know much about him yet). Which doesn’t make all/any of our midfielders poor. I just think Ferguson, McCrorie & Campbell would all give you a bit if everything and also all make you a lot of money in the future. I think our midfielders aren’t anywhere near as rounded and we won’t make big money from any of them.

You’re unlikely to agree, and that’s fine.

McInnes says nothing about signing Stewart or Campbell in that journalistic piece of fluff. The Daily Ranger planted that in your head.

What McInnes says in said drivel publication piece is as follows:

The Aberdeen boss said: “We can’t stress the
    importance of having a good December because on the back of that it should allow us to make necessary changes in January.

“Yes, we will be looking at free transfers and loans.
    “Players will also need to go out
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 13-12-2020 at 11:42 PM.

It says that they’d be able to make cash bids in January even if they don’t sell anyone, so that probably rules us out.

Campbell is the one I really want us to get, a great player and the exact type were missing. He would help take us to the next level imo and still only 22 or so, plenty of resale value.

Stewart is a decent enough player but his goal scoring record isn’t the best, not sure I see us paying the amount required as he’d likely be third choice behind Doidge and Nisbet.

He’s mainly been playing off the left/right this season though I think which maybe explains his goal return and why were interested as he’s versatile.
    It does say they could do that in the article, then a few paragraphs down McInnes is quoted as saying they’ll be looking at frees and loans and they’ll need to let people go to facilitate that. So who knows.

I’d love us to get Campbell, Stewart would be a good addition and would mean we’d have 3 very different strikers to pick from