hibs.net Messageboard

Page 106 of 215 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 6434
    Quote Originally Posted by SQHib View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since the days of Stein and Marinello we have sold on players and NEVER replaced them with the same price and quality ... quite frankly if Ryan Portoeous was playing for any other SPL team we would not be able to afford to buy him .. if we sold Ryan and bought say Stuart Findlay from Kille now they would want I reckon about 300k and he would want more than Ryan will be on given he signed his deal in 2018.. so replacing him has to factor into it .. I agree wholeheartedly on the hibs model of promote and sell but it has to be at the right price and time .. Ryan has 2 years left of his contract after ths season ends .. he's a 21 year old with 60 + games play in the top leagus in scotland and no panic from us and 14 U21 caps .. even if he stands still development wise the invetment hibs have made in him is in the +ve till his contract ends .. it would need to be close ( 75%) to a mcginn type offer I suspect for hibs to even blink .. he's 21 .. he will improve .. cut him some slack !
    Not really understanding your last comment regarding cut him some slack? I don't think i have posted a negative comment about Porteous? I'm not desperate to sell him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Visual View Post
    Ryan Porteous is undoubtedly the best homegrown CH prospect in my 40 years as a Hibee. If it weren't for the width of the bar and some shoddy finishing, we could have been 2 or 3 up on St Johnstone - would people still be clamouring for their CHs to replace ours then? Porteous needs encouragement not sold and certainly not for the first bid that comes in. We need a few more players like Ryan not less.
    Too much sense being spoken here, it'll never catch on!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Visual View Post
    Ryan Porteous is undoubtedly the best homegrown CH prospect in my 40 years as a Hibee. If it weren't for the width of the bar and some shoddy finishing, we could have been 2 or 3 up on St Johnstone - would people still be clamouring for their CHs to replace ours then? Porteous needs encouragement not sold and certainly not for the first bid that comes in. We need a few more players like Ryan not less.
    Spot on well said.

Hate about football fans we are so quick to round on our own.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    You need to remember these times are not normal. £1m plus sell on for Porteous wouldn't be totally out of the realms of possibility IMO.

I'm not saying I think thats what he's worth, but that might the kind of offer the club think of accepting.
    I think the point is we don't need to sell him

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Not really understanding your last comment regarding cut him some slack? I don't think i have posted a negative comment about Porteous? I'm not desperate to sell him.

Apologies 04Sauzee .. was not related to your post more to the others who are desperate to sell him .. have removed quote from my original post to save confusion

I can’t believe some people are saying 1-2 million for Porteous.

The club have took abuse for years for not getting enough for our players etc then when the best centre half we have and is also a home grown talent gets rumoured off a transfer to Millwall we want to sell him?!

Absolute nonsense and thankfully I imagine Ron, Ross and Mathie will think the same.

@Richcawleyslp

Hibernian defender Ryan Porteous is a name that has been mentioned to me in relation to Millwall's centre-back search.

But no deal close for the centre-back, 21.

Scottish press reported Lions' interest last night.

https://t.co/UUn6K0S3Ay

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-not-close-to-deal-for-hibernian-defender-with-scottish-press-reporting-interest-in-january-deal/

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I can’t believe some people are saying 1-2 million for Porteous.

The club have took abuse for years for not getting enough for our players etc then when the best centre half we have and is also a home grown talent gets rumoured off a transfer to Millwall we want to sell him?!

Absolute nonsense and thankfully I imagine Ron, Ross and Mathie will think the same.
    What players did we not get enough for that the club got abused for?

I'd rather Porteous was playing for Hibs but 2m+McNamara would be tempting.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    I'd rather Porteous was playing for Hibs but 2m+McNamara would be tempting.
    Do we need another right/wing back?

Frimpong leaving Celtic

Neil Lennon confirms Celtic defender Jeremie Frimpong is “abroad” speaking to a club about a permanent transfer

Since the days of Stein and Marinello we have sold on players and NEVER replaced them with the same price and quality ... quite frankly if Ryan Portoeous was playing for any other SPL team we would not be able to afford to buy him .. if we sold Ryan and bought say Stuart Findlay from Kille now they would want I reckon about 300k and he would want more than Ryan will be on given he signed his deal in 2018.. so replacing him has to factor into it .. I agree wholeheartedly on the hibs model of promote and sell but it has to be at the right price and time .. Ryan has 2 years left of his contract after ths season ends .. he's a 21 year old with 60 + games play in the top leagus in scotland and no panic from us and 14 U21 caps .. even if he stands still development wise the invetment hibs have made in him is in the +ve till his contract ends .. it would need to be close ( 75%) to a mcginn type offer I suspect for hibs to even blink .. he's 21 .. he will improve .. cut him some slack !
    Just a small thing but we certainly replaced Stein with not just the same quality but much better.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Neil Lennon confirms Celtic defender Jeremie Frimpong is “abroad” speaking to a club about a permanent transfer
    Will get a few bob for him. who does that leave them with who can play right back, as I think the Israel boy wants to go home

While I agree with most of your post as much as it pained me at the time when Stein went along the M8 to join his boyhood heroes, we in fact replaced him with one of my all time fav Hibs Players Joe McBride senior, now he was a goalscorer, I think we may well have replaced Peter Marinello with Arthur Duncan so once more not a good example but once we got to Peter cormack or Alex Cropley Des bremner etc, then we never managed to replace them, the list before Stein goes on and the list after marinello goes on with very few of them being replaced like for like or better.
    Ryan will go in the end and I hope he goes to a big club down south and gets the rewards his play will deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Will get a few bob for him. who does that leave them with who can play right back, as I think the Israel boy wants to go home
    Ajer playes RB or RWB against Livingston and looked their best player. But you are correct leaves them short in that position.

Said it on another thread but if mallan leaving frees up money then hopefully we're looking for a centre half (Gallagher?) Or a striker

Weve got our B2B centre mid and with Allan returning I'm hopeful he's like a new signing too

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Frimpong leaving Celtic
    Surprised at that. Wonder where he’s going? He’s a decent player but nowhere near good enough yet to go to a much higher level imo.

Has plenty potential but he needs games at his age so a big step up won’t be the best move for him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Surprised at that. Wonder where he’s going? He’s a decent player but nowhere near good enough yet to go to a much higher level imo.

Has plenty potential but he needs games at his age so a big step up won’t be the best move for him imo.
    Celtic fans on their forums seem to think the fee is 10m euros with 30% to Man City 👀👀

They believe O'Donnell will probably sign from Motherwell until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do we need another right/wing back?
    Not a priority depends on how good Cadden is and how flexible Paul McGinn but yes there are more pressing areas.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Celtic fans on their forums seem to think the fee is 10m euros with 30% to Man City 👀👀

They believe O'Donnell will probably sign from Motherwell until the end of the season.
    That’s a bit of a downgrade

@hibs.net private member
    Celtic fans on their forums seem to think the fee is 10m euros with 30% to Man City

11.5M apparently, heading to Leverkusen.

Killie sign

👋 Say hello to our new 9⃣

Welcome to Killie, George Oakley

https://t.co/uoUn2JNoUe https://t.co/8jevd7AJ4K

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    11.5M apparently, heading to Leverkusen.
    Wow. Hes good but he's not 11.5m good. Just shows the difference between ourselves and the bigot twins when it comes to selling players

@hibs.net private member
    Probably covered already (so apologies) but also reports of Sunderland interest in Doig

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Wow. Hes good but he's not 11.5m good. Just shows the difference between ourselves and the bigot twins when it comes to selling players
    Incredible sum of money

51 appearances for Celtic 3 goals 5 yellow cards a 1 red card

Granted he has a league and cup winners medal and played European football.

Elliott Moore of Oxford Utd could be worth a punt.not a rumour just a thought.centre back.if Porto goes or even if he doesn’t we still need one.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Elliott Moore of Oxford Utd could be worth a punt.not a ruWmour just a thought.centre back.if Porto goes or even if he doesn’t we still need one.
    Seems to be valued at £650k + cannae see us paying that type of transfer fee.

Jack Ross saying in his press conference that there is nothing imminent regarding transfers.

Could be spinning a line who knows

Jack Ross saying in his press conference that there is nothing imminent regarding transfers.

Could be spinning a line who knows
    If the board are still fully confident in him they will continue to back him. I’d be surprised to see any more players come in this window unless a few left.