hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a bit freaked out by the musical references to EMF and the KLF in the context of this thread - two bands I have been heavily into at certain points in my life.

Did you know that the sample at the start of this song is Mark David Chapman reading the lyrics of John Lennon? It was removed from later copies of the "Schubert's Dip" album after Yoko Ono (who inherited the rights to Lennon's music) demanded it be removed.

Re the paranormal - I don't have much to offer here. My mum (who is generally of the more cynical sort) would swear blind she saw her grandad walking down the road in his pyjamas years after he died, not far from where he lived and died.

I had an odd experience with a ouija board when I was in first year at Uni in Dundee. I've largely tried to block it from memory, but it was very unsettling. As it turns out, we weren't far from what is known locally as "the murder house" although we didn't know that at the time. As I say, my memories are sketchy and I really don't want to go into detail as it totally freaked me out and thinking about it to this day - it still does.
    Roseangle?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Roseangle?
    Yup.

I was in Airlie Halls in first year, it all happened in what was known as the "library" - round the back, at the bottom of Airlie place, just off Perth Road.

So just yards away from there really.

Have they ever done anything with the house? Last time I was there I'm sure it was still derelict.
    Last edited by Smartie; 16-12-2020 at 11:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yup.

I was in Airlie Halls in first year, it all happened in what was known as the "library" - round the back, at the bottom of Airlie place, just off Perth Road.

So just yards away from there really.

Have they ever done anything with the house? Last time I was there I'm sure it was still derelict.
    A bit of history (not the murders) of the building

https://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/details/914552
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

The brain is largely unknown with only about a third understood. Yes most paranormal can be explained away but it's the stuff that cannot be explained we as humans have a hard time trying to explain. Science can explain some, the creepy feeling of being watched or seeing shadows can be explained by high EMF frequency for example in a kitchen or room with a lot of appliances plugged in, or near an electrical sub station. What about people who see visions of the future or can read minds, so many things about the brain unanswered. Until all these weird things in the world are answered they'll still be very fascinating and interesting.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It's really interesting reading through people's experiences on this thread. I must admit that I don't believe in ghosts at all (a subject, along with UFOs, that we discussed on our Bangers podcast recently). I think weird things happen and the human brain is very suggestable - much more so than most of us would care to admit. I like a lot of the work that Derren Brown has done on these topics and how he highlights a lot of the ways that the mind is tricked/manipulated etc.

I am generally of the mind that there is always a reasonable explanation for events, even if that explanation isn't immediately obvious (or in some cases, ever found out).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This isn't remotely spiritual, but I almost always check my phone/the time on my computer/watch at the same time of day every day.

The time?

19:02.

Every time.

I don't know if its become something I do out of habit, I certainly don't do it consciously but to do the same thing at a certain time of day is feels weird. Sometimes I'm not even going to look at the time, it just appears.
    7.02 and 19.02 for me. Almost every day as well. Weird.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Paranormal Activity/Unexplained Phenomena

Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    Im going to be the doubting thomas..... flickering light ? Paranormal, thought I saw someone - Paranormal, strange feeling of dread come over me - Paranormal,

...the railway carriage posts - just fantasy - nice teffort with the 666 reference (the "beast" referred with 666 to is not the made up "devil" but nice try anyway)

Just because one cant explain a situation doesnt mean spirits or other paranormal activity. Its just unexplained. At one time, we didnt know where the sun went at night.

Great reading all these experiences though, in a Scooby Doo sorta way....

I can assure you that is not a made up story and the coach number was 10666, I regularly worked trains with that coach in the formation before it was sold. It had a history of electrical alarm issues and was totally dead that night with no power supply to it.

EDIT, it wasn't scrapped, it was sold for preservation on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

Last edited by Hermit Crab; 17-12-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I can assure you that is not a made up story and the coach number was 10666, I regularly worked trains with that coach in the formation before it was sold. It had a history of electrical alarm issues and was totally dead that night with no power supply to it.

EDIT, it wasn't scrapped, it was sold for preservation on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

See with things like this, it's a good example of how we (people) fit things to suit the narrative or the stories we tell ourselves.

The number isn't 666, it's 10666. It's a different number. Only by ignoring the inconvenient bit that doesn't tie in does it have relevance.

Millions.....maybe billions of human beings will have dreams about the future while they sleep at some point, it would be MUCH more scary if not a single one of these dreams actually went on to happen. It's the human condition, we are built to see patterns and make connections with data and events, that's why we've become so advanced.

As someone mentioned above, it's the stuff we can't explain yet that would seem to fascinate and scare us the most, another part of the human condition, we fear what we don't understand and e MUST look for meaning or explanation. Occam's razor folks, the more assumptions you have to make, the less likely it is to be true.

Now in saying all that, I had something happen to me years ago where I came downstairs after a solid 8 hours sleep and saw a glass with ice cubes in it, kids swore blind they hadn't been down to the kitchen since the previous night

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    See with things like this, it's a good example of how we (people) fit things to suit the narrative or the stories we tell ourselves.

The number isn't 666, it's 10666. It's a different number. Only by ignoring the inconvenient bit that doesn't tie in does it have relevance.

I always said the coach number was 10666, not 666. I personally have worked with that coach and have experienced oddity's with it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I always said the coach number was 10666, not 666. I personally have worked with that coach and have experienced oddity's with it.
    I know.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    2. kinda on the unexplained part i recall it was morning about 8 30 which is the time i normally get up and well i woke up and i just could not move,my body felt numb like there was heavy ait on top of me and try as i may i could not move my arms,legs, any part of my body,and i heard this voice, more so in my head saying gotta get up, gotta get up, gotta try to get up . After like 2-3 mins i got up and walked like 5 or so feet and then it was like i was okay.
    It sorta freaked me out and has only ever happend to me once
    Sounds like Sleep Paralysis, encountered it a few times myself. Harmless but quite alarming

Coaching Staff
    This isn't remotely spiritual, but I almost always check my phone/the time on my computer/watch at the same time of day every day.

The time?

Every time.

I don't know if its become something I do out of habit, I certainly don't do it consciously but to do the same thing at a certain time of day is feels weird. Sometimes I'm not even going to look at the time, it just appears.
    1.23 am for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Sounds like Sleep Paralysis, encountered it a few times myself. Harmless but quite alarming

ok thanks ! it was alarming as you have said though its never happened since so fingers crossed

I follow a channel on youtube called Bedtime Stories, they delve into the world of the paranormal and publish videos with in-depth research and art work that is simply outstanding.

Heres a link to their youtube channel if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/c/BedtimeStoriesChannel/videos
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 17-01-2021 at 09:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Thinking back to a conversation before, my mum had a dream a number of years ago. She was in a fairly non descript environment with a lot of people, but one woman stood out in a sore thumb despite not really doing anything up to that point. She walked up to my mum in her dream and told her to ask her mother about her sister. She had brothers, but no sisters that she knew of. It was so vivid it woke her up straight away and kept her awake for a bit.

She finally managed to slip into conversation with her mum who was similarly taken aback by it, but before my mum was born she had a failed pregnancy of what would have been a baby girl. She'd never spoken about it to her children before.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member

as pointed out, its not the correct number for your inference - the devils number. Its a popular misconception that "the beast" is what you think of as the devil.... its not.

Your post was a bit scooby doo, thats all.

The time?

Every time.

Some great reads on this thread, this one made me laugh though as it's a common occurrence for me also, but my time is 15:16, any WWF fan will know the "Austin 3:16" reference .

I started off having a laugh with myself about it but it's almost a daily occurrence of checking the time exactly at 3:16.

I have a couple of entries for the thread myself,

1) When I was younger we moved to a new build in Kirknewton where things started to occur. One night my pet cat who had died appeared in the middle of the room and then walked through the wall.

Another common occurrence was something I can only describe as a type of sleep paralysis, often during the night my breathing would increase rapidly until reaching a point in which I wouldn't be able to move with an intense pressure all around me, at this point "figures" would always enter the room and come towards me before I'd eventually snap out of the pressure.

I was always scared of some out of possession because they were always coming or diving directly for my face.

2) My mum's cousin's dad died when he was 14. When he was 15 he wanted to buy a motorbike and he had a huge argument with his mum about it. Later that day he entered the kitchen to the sight of his dad washing the dishes who turned around and said "your mum said no to buying the bike" before disappearing.

Suffice to say no bike was bought

3) Actually have a third entry, a friend of the family has a daughter that seems to rival the kid from Sixth Sense. She was constantly going on about conversations with an elderly couple in the house who were telling her things about the house such as minor plumbing or electrical issues which no one had any idea about but all turned out to be correct. Turns out an elderly couple had died there before they moved in.
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 19-01-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    My dog wakes up every morning at the same time 05:59 Mon-Fri but we get a lie in at the weekend until 07:30. I'm guessing his subconscious has been programmed to recognise some sound that we can't hear and relates that to the time we used to get up when the kids were in school. That could be one explanation for the time phenomena that some of you are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    My dog wakes up every morning at the same time 05:59 Mon-Fri but we get a lie in at the weekend until 07:30. I'm guessing his subconscious has been programmed to recognise some sound that we can't hear and relates that to the time we used to get up when the kids were in school. That could be one explanation for the time phenomena that some of you are experiencing.
    Maybe I’m over thinking this.

Is your dog controlling psychic phenomena?

That’s probably why I have to get up so often for a pee.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Maybe I’m over thinking this.

Is your dog controlling psychic phenomena?

That’s probably why I have to get up so often for a pee.
    If my dog doubles as your subconscious then yes, maybe.