hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Paranormal Activity/Unexplained Phenomena

Has anyone had any experiences or encounters with the above? I'm really interested in this sort of stuff and I'm interested to know if other members have had experiences that they cant explain? Ghosts, Strange creatures, UFO's, aliens etc, please post your stories below if you want to share them.

I had a real doozy the other week. I still cant work out what happened. I was lying in bed sort of dozing but I think I was dreaming as well and in my dream I was in a city somewhere and it a big square with loads of people around and there was an incredibly loud bang up in the sky like a sonic boom and when I looked up to the sky there was a ufo of some kind shooting off at an incredible speed but at pretty much the same time I woke up to an incredibly loud bang in the room I was in. It was that loud my ears were actually ringing. I had a look around but found nothing out of place and nobody around, I even had a look out the window but again there was nothing. Could it have been some sort of sleep paralysis or just my brain waking me up and I only imagined the loud bang in the room? This has really stumped me. The whole experience seemed so real.

I've seen strange lights in the sky before but never seen anything to 100% convince me it was otherworldly. Anyone got any interesting stories or encounters they'd like to share? Id be interested in reading them.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I've had some really strange experiences in my mum and dad's house, they always seemed to have happened when something bad has happened in my family, I used to think they were ghosts or spirits as they are pretty unexplainable but the older I get the less I believe in it all, will put them in some kind of order

First and foremost I've had a couple of cats over the years and a couple of times late at night they have both stared at something at night that wasn't there, I mean transfixed and refused to go near that part of the room, only happened on a couple of occasions but was totally out of character and one one occasion there had been a really strange atmosphere in the room when it happened, after one of these times my mum had heart issues the next day

Another time I was sat watching tv with my friends and heard a huge bang up stairs in my mum and dad's room, went upstairs and a picture had fallen off the wall, strange thing was that the picture hook was still in the wall and was one of those hooks you had to physically slide the picture over the top of it, couldn't see a way the picture could have fallen off the wall, it freaked me out, so I went out for a bit and when I came back all the lights in the house plus the fireplace had been turned on, only me and my friends had been in the house and not all of the lights had been on when I left, next night my dad stands on a man hole cover which breaks under his foot and he falls and breaks his nose and injures his face

When I was about 15/16 I was off for the school holidays, walked past my house with two of my friends, I heard a another huge bang come from within the house, all three of us ran up and looked through the front window to see a man in a suit standing in the living room, everyone else was at work and only I was about so thought someone was breaking in(well dressed burglar), I went into the house with my pals and there was no one there, we thought maybe it was a trick of the light but couldn't explain the loud bang, we sat down to watch tv and about 10 minutes in two of us turned round and saw the man in the suit sitting at the dining room table, we shat it and ran out the house, I refused to go back into the house and called my dad at work who had to come home and calm me down before I'd go back in the house (after that can't remember if anything bad happened, but my mums dad died when she was really young, being young myself I'd never really seen any pics of him as they weren't really on display in my house, can't remembered how long after I saw a pic of him but could of sworn he was the man in the suit we had seen)

The last one was probably the strangest and my mum actually has what happened on video, my grandad died and that night my mum couldn't sleep, she was in the kitchen pottering about about and heard a faint tapping noise again and again, she turned round and there was an empty two litre milk bottle on the bunker, the lid of the milk bottle was half lifting up and down, up and down when she was five feet away from it, she grabbed her phone and took a video of the bottle top and it was as she said, one side remained where it was and the other half was raising up a couple of millimetres and back down again making a tapping noise, went on for a fair few minutes, she said she wasn't scared and put it down to my grandad telling us everything was ok

As I said when I was younger it all used to freak me out, but now even though these are all things I cannot explain, have other witnesses that where there or have other stories I cant remember off the top of my head I'm not sure I believe it supernatural , I saw what I saw but there must be some explanation for it all that's based in science etc
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 11-12-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Pretty tame in comparison, but when I was maybe about 6-7 years old I had a horrible feeling of dread/sadness - I don't know what - one afternoon. I think it was the October holiday as I wasn't at school. It started just after lunchtime and I felt really bad, I couldn't shake it off, and it was the only time I can remember feeling anything like that without being able to explain why. Later in the afternoon I was watching Magpie and the neighbour came to the door to say there was a call for us (we didn't have a phone). It was to tell us that my gran (dad's mum) had died at the beginning of the afternoon.

What's wierder is that my big brother had already experienced something similar when he was a bit younger than me - that time it was my mum's dad who had died.

The only other vaguely interesting (at least to me) event was on a day trip to Rothesay when I was about 10/11 and I experienced incredibly lucid déjà vu. I had never been there before, but I knew exactly how to get to a certain restaurant we were looking for.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone had any experiences or encounters with the above? I'm really interested in this sort of stuff and I'm interested to know if other members have had experiences that they cant explain? Ghosts, Strange creatures, UFO's, aliens etc, please post your stories below if you want to share them.

I had a real doozy the other week. I still cant work out what happened. I was lying in bed sort of dozing but I think I was dreaming as well and in my dream I was in a city somewhere and it a big square with loads of people around and there was an incredibly loud bang up in the sky like a sonic boom and when I looked up to the sky there was a ufo of some kind shooting off at an incredible speed but at pretty much the same time I woke up to an incredibly loud bang in the room I was in. It was that loud my ears were actually ringing. I had a look around but found nothing out of place and nobody around, I even had a look out the window but again there was nothing. Could it have been some sort of sleep paralysis or just my brain waking me up and I only imagined the loud bang in the room? This has really stumped me. The whole experience seemed so real.

I've seen strange lights in the sky before but never seen anything to 100% convince me it was otherworldly. Anyone got any interesting stories or encounters they'd like to share? Id be interested in reading them.
    Did this coincide with the thundersnow event?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/04/edinburgh-hit-by-thundersnow-as-sonic-boom-wakes-residents
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

My mother in law was into this. She said that every year on the 26th July she heard the sound of marching. This coincides with the day before the battle of killiecrankie.

She had a seance that I was at. Freaky. I was sceptical but the glass moved when it was just my finger touching it. We contacted a soldier called Wattie who had fled the battle and had died after hiding in a well.

Aye right I thought, but after a bit of digging we found a well not far into the field behind the house, no skeleton though.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    It didn’t happen to me but happened to mum a few years ago. My uncle (my mum’s sister’s husband and my dad’s best mate) had died a few years prior to this. My mum didn’t really keep her mobile phone to hand back then and picked her phone up around lunchtime and found she had a missed call from that morning... from my dead uncle’s mobile number. She assumed it was her sister perhaps using my uncle’s phone for some reason, so phoned my Auntie on her house phone to check. My auntie said she had chucked the phone and in any case the number had been disconnected.

My mum called the number back and right enough it had been disconnected. When she looked again, the missed call had taken place at 11am... the date that day was 11th November. She is convinced it was my uncle making contact for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I've had some really strange experiences in my mum and dad's house, they always seemed to have happened when something bad has happened in my family, I used to think they were ghosts or spirits as they are pretty unexplainable but the older I get the less I believe in it all, will put them in some kind of order

First and foremost I've had a couple of cats over the years and a couple of times late at night they have both stared at something at night that wasn't there, I mean transfixed and refused to go near that part of the room, only happened on a couple of occasions but was totally out of character and one one occasion there had been a really strange atmosphere in the room when it happened, after one of these times my mum had heart issues the next day

Another time I was sat watching tv with my friends and heard a huge bang up stairs in my mum and dad's room, went upstairs and a picture had fallen off the wall, strange thing was that the picture hook was still in the wall and was one of those hooks you had to physically slide the picture over the top of it, couldn't see a way the picture could have fallen off the wall, it freaked me out, so I went out for a bit and when I came back all the lights in the house plus the fireplace had been turned on, only me and my friends had been in the house and not all of the lights had been on when I left, next night my dad stands on a man hole cover which breaks under his foot and he falls and breaks his nose and injures his face

When I was about 15/16 I was off for the school holidays, walked past my house with two of my friends, I heard a another huge bang come from within the house, all three of us ran up and looked through the front window to see a man in a suit standing in the living room, everyone else was at work and only I was about so thought someone was breaking in(well dressed burglar), I went into the house with my pals and there was no one there, we thought maybe it was a trick of the light but couldn't explain the loud bang, we sat down to watch tv and about 10 minutes in two of us turned round and saw the man in the suit sitting at the dining room table, we shat it and ran out the house, I refused to go back into the house and called my dad at work who had to come home and calm me down before I'd go back in the house (after that can't remember if anything bad happened, but my mums dad died when she was really young, being young myself I'd never really seen any pics of him as they weren't really on display in my house, can't remembered how long after I saw a pic of him but could of sworn he was the man in the suit we had seen)

The last one was probably the strangest and my mum actually has what happened on video, my grandad died and that night my mum couldn't sleep, she was in the kitchen pottering about about and heard a faint tapping noise again and again, she turned round and there was an empty two litre milk bottle on the bunker, the lid of the milk bottle was half lifting up and down, up and down when she was five feet away from it, she grabbed her phone and took a video of the bottle top and it was as she said, one side remained where it was and the other half was raising up a couple of millimetres and back down again making a tapping noise, went on for a fair few minutes, she said she wasn't scared and put it down to my grandad telling us everything was ok

As I said when I was younger it all used to freak me out, but now even though these are all things I cannot explain, have other witnesses that where there or have other stories I cant remember off the top of my head I'm not sure I believe it supernatural , I saw what I saw but there must be some explanation for it all that's based in science etc

Some really interesting stuff there mate, especially the man in the suit. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Did this coincide with the thundersnow event?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...akes-residents

No it didn't, would loved to have witnessed that though. (I was out the country)

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It didn’t happen to me but happened to mum a few years ago. My uncle (my mum’s sister’s husband and my dad’s best mate) had died a few years prior to this. My mum didn’t really keep her mobile phone to hand back then and picked her phone up around lunchtime and found she had a missed call from that morning... from my dead uncle’s mobile number. She assumed it was her sister perhaps using my uncle’s phone for some reason, so phoned my Auntie on her house phone to check. My auntie said she had chucked the phone and in any case the number had been disconnected.

My mum called the number back and right enough it had been disconnected. When she looked again, the missed call had taken place at 11am... the date that day was 11th November. She is convinced it was my uncle making contact for some reason.

I've read stories like this before, phone calls from deceased relatives phone numbers but when people call back its a disconnected number. Very strange.

Somebody must be trying to tell me something, just back from the haunted house and my folks told me they had been looking for a remote this morning, wasn't where it usually is, they looked everywhere for it and then it did turn up where it usually is, as long as the ghost stays in their house I'm still being a sceptic

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I've seen a few things I can't explain, doesn't mean there's a supernatural explanation to them though.

2 things to share, one happened to my Dad, the other to me:

- My Grandad (my Dad's Dad) passed away before I was born, when my Dad was 20. My Grandad was physically disabled, and walked with 2 crutches or sticks most of his adult life. The only way he could get upstairs in their house was for them to have a bannister on both sides of the staircase, and he lifted himself up the stairs using both arms, facing backwards. This was the case for all of my Dad's life, and for all of that time, my Dad's bedroom shared a wall with the staircase, and my Dad was long used to hearing the bannisters creak all the way up the stair as his weight shifted up, passing his bed's headboard, until my Grandad reached the top of the stairs. After my Grandad died, a few days later, my Dad was the only one in the house overnight, and woke up during the night, and a moment later the bannisters started creaking just the same as they always had, and the creaking went slowly up the stairs, passing the back of his head, all the way to the top of the stairs, where the sound stopped, and silence. My Dad jumped out of bed, light on, got dressed, but didn't want to open the bedroom door. He waited for a few hours until daylight broke, and worked up the guts to throw open the door and rush downstairs and out the house. Never happened again

- About 6 years ago, I was walking my dog alone around Bangour, it was a weekday so very quiet. I was walking along a road with a hedge next to me, when I saw a man on the other side on the grass. He was walking in an odd direction, almost parallel to me, but going in the opposite direction. This was odd as I was walking round a curve, so it looked as if he had burst through the hedge ahead of me (which he hadn't as I would have seen him) and was walking towards nothing in particular, literally nothing at all. He was wearing royal blue trousers and jacket, heavy duty cotton material like a coal worker or manual labourer might wear, black steel toe cap boots, with steel grey hair parted in the middle, black eyebrows, probably mid to late 50s, hand shoved in his trouser pockets. I turned to speak to the dog for a split second, then looked back and couldn't see him. I chalked this up to the hedge, and continued on about 15 feet until the hedge thinned, and looked again, and he was gone. There was nowhere he could have gone, nothing he could be hidden by. It freaked me out a bit, and I spent a few minutes looking for him, and then headed back to the car still feeling freaked out.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    We had a spirit in our old house. We were advised to use alphabet spaghetti to allow it to contact us. But all it ever said was oooooo, oooooo. Not sure we'd used the correct tin.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    We had a spirit in our old house. We were advised to use alphabet spaghetti to allow it to contact us. But all it ever said was oooooo, oooooo. Not sure we'd used the correct tin.
    Either that or it was the spirit of Michael Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Spirit of Babs Windsor - ooh matron!

I used to do some paranormal ghost hunting a few years ago, had a good few experiences I cant fully explain, shuffling feet, stones being thrown, weird smells, shadow figures and EVP on digital recorder. I've had an EMF meter going haywire in a room void of electricity in an old empty house.
    Not had any UFO experience but there are thousands of people yearly experiencing all these phenomena regularly, some can be explained by natural causes, others can't, they're not all fruit loops as too many people see so many unexplained things.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    2 things to share, one happened to my Dad, the other to me:

- My Grandad (my Dad's Dad) passed away before I was born, when my Dad was 20. My Grandad was physically disabled, and walked with 2 crutches or sticks most of his adult life. The only way he could get upstairs in their house was for them to have a bannister on both sides of the staircase, and he lifted himself up the stairs using both arms, facing backwards. This was the case for all of my Dad's life, and for all of that time, my Dad's bedroom shared a wall with the staircase, and my Dad was long used to hearing the bannisters creak all the way up the stair as his weight shifted up, passing his bed's headboard, until my Grandad reached the top of the stairs. After my Grandad died, a few days later, my Dad was the only one in the house overnight, and woke up during the night, and a moment later the bannisters started creaking just the same as they always had, and the creaking went slowly up the stairs, passing the back of his head, all the way to the top of the stairs, where the sound stopped, and silence. My Dad jumped out of bed, light on, got dressed, but didn't want to open the bedroom door. He waited for a few hours until daylight broke, and worked up the guts to throw open the door and rush downstairs and out the house. Never happened again

- About 6 years ago, I was walking my dog alone around Bangour, it was a weekday so very quiet. I was walking along a road with a hedge next to me, when I saw a man on the other side on the grass. He was walking in an odd direction, almost parallel to me, but going in the opposite direction. This was odd as I was walking round a curve, so it looked as if he had burst through the hedge ahead of me (which he hadn't as I would have seen him) and was walking towards nothing in particular, literally nothing at all. He was wearing royal blue trousers and jacket, heavy duty cotton material like a coal worker or manual labourer might wear, black steel toe cap boots, with steel grey hair parted in the middle, black eyebrows, probably mid to late 50s, hand shoved in his trouser pockets. I turned to speak to the dog for a split second, then looked back and couldn't see him. I chalked this up to the hedge, and continued on about 15 feet until the hedge thinned, and looked again, and he was gone. There was nowhere he could have gone, nothing he could be hidden by. It freaked me out a bit, and I spent a few minutes looking for him, and then headed back to the car still feeling freaked out.
    We were out at Bangour a few years ago, it was all boarded up waiting to be developed, standing next to one of the buildings we heard a knocking coming from inside on the boarded up window. While walking from that building across the road to the next I could smell burning, a charcoal smell, the other 2 guys smelt nowt, he told me the building we were approaching was on a fire and several people died, it was a very weird experience.

The royal blue uniform appearance is interesting as Bangour was used as a field hospital during the war, used for men with severe injuries and mental illness.
    Last edited by J-C; 12-12-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Maybe 35 years ago I had a temporary job with Edinburgh Council, surveying properties and creating a record for their property terrier. A lot of records were stored in the old closes and rooms under the City Chambers. One day I was with another lad getting titles that were stored there, in a room with a metal rail with hooks on it, it was thought to be an old butchers shop. We wer both in the room which wasn't warm as it was a few floors below High Street ground level when it suddenly got very cold for about 30 seconds before returning to just cold.

This is now part of Mary Kings Close.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I’d completely forgotten about this until reading through these.

When I was around 18ish I think it was, my dog out of nowhere started acting very strangely. He was a wee cross breed and was the most placid well behaved dog ever. He was brilliant. This one night, about 11pm he started barking and growling at the wall in my mum and dads room, he was in a right state and wasn’t listening to us when we tried to calm him down, he was sat in the middle of the bed going mental at the wall. All of a sudden he jumped down and ran to the front door, he was crying and whimpering to get out. I put the lead on him which I didn’t usually do because he would usually walk right beside you without one, but just because of the way he was acting I put it on. He literally dragged me down the stairs and along Lorne Street, pulling like mad, then we got to the church on Lorne Street and he stopped dead staring into the grounds. He wouldn’t move after that I had to end up lifting him up to get him away from the church. It only ever happened the once, but my mum always used to say that house was haunted and there were a few odd things that happened over the years.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    My parents live in an old smiddy, and my mum swears she got a very distinctive smell of horse right where it would have been in the old days. I’m skeptical but have once or twice had the odd feeling of being creeped out in older houses, never in my current home though, which is newer but has what would be considered a creepy extended area to the rear.

very intresting topic and some really intresting replies for sure!
    i don't think two of my stories are as intresting as other replies,one isn't *too* paranormal/unexplained phenomena as such​ but here goes nothing.
    1.sadly my uncle died in 2013 ,Where we are (west of edinburgh) we do our shopping at wester hailes centre and have done for many years.After my uncle died about a year/18months afterwards, my mum and I were going to the shops and we went into the centre and there was whom i thought was my uncle!, I mean my uncle was like 5 4", on the more chubby side has straight black,some grey hair and was bearded and wore this old blue jacket. and dark blue joggers and this guy sitting down was like the spitting image,same kinda jacket and blue joggers! We saw this gent 2-3 other times ,though in thinking we haven't seen him for a good while

2. kinda on the unexplained part i recall it was morning about 8 30 which is the time i normally get up and well i woke up and i just could not move,my body felt numb like there was heavy ait on top of me and try as i may i could not move my arms,legs, any part of my body,and i heard this voice, more so in my head saying gotta get up, gotta get up, gotta try to get up . After like 2-3 mins i got up and walked like 5 or so feet and then it was like i was okay.
    It sorta freaked me out and has only ever happend to me once
    Last edited by bobbyhibs1983; 12-12-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A close friend of mine during childhood lived in a really old house in Bathgate - shortly after his parents moved in (well before he was born), they discovered an old passageway in the house, connecting one of the upper bedrooms to the attic. It had been boarded up on both sides, and shortly after moving into the house they found a skeleton of a young child in the passage. They assumed it was fake at first but quickly realised that sadly it was a real skeleton that had been in-situ since the early 1900s (I didn't believe this at first but it's actually documented in the Bennie Museum in Bathgate).

Anyway, fast forward to when my friend's family are living in the house and he's at school, and there used to be a LOT of strange things happen in the house - from knocking noises, to things moving/falling from their positions...one night, when having a sleepover (we were high-school age by this time and must have been around 4 of us this night) we heard a loud smashing and screaming noise. Every one of us sat up at the same time and looked at each other - we headed along the hallway to the old spiral staircase that lead downstairs to the bathroom and kitchen to find the bathroom door locked from the inside with nobody inside.

I'm sure ALL of it could readily be explained but as a young kid, it freaked me out at the time!

Three separate events over the years from me.

At a family get together we were chatting about my sister's forthcoming move to Ellon in Aberdeenshire and I said that we'd been there when I was a wee boy. Neither my mother nor my brother (who is 2 years older than me) thought they'd ever been there - my sister is much younger so it would have been before her time. I could remember travelling on a bus across an old, narrow bridge towards a white building and various other bits of the town but Mum and Bro were adamant they'd never been there. After the move we visited Sis and sure enough, there's an old narrow bridge with a white building at the end of it, almost exactly as I remembered it. As we walked around the town various bits were very familiar to me but Bro was drawing a complete blank. The strange bit is that the bridge I remembered crossing had been closed to traffic and a new one built alongside it long before I was born - I even said "I see they've built a new bridge" when we got there.

The second incident relates to a dream I had about a helicopter crash two or three days before the Leicester City tragedy. When I was much younger - maybe 40 years ago or more - I used to have recurring dreams about helicopter crashes but they were mostly fairly surreal and didn't bother me much. However, the one I had this time felt more disturbing - the helicopter was blue and white and after it hit the ground it toppled over onto its side. Also the place it came down was very similar to the setting of the real crash. There were differences between my dream and the reality, but the similarities were such that I felt more than a bit sick when I saw the pictures of the crash on the news. Just to put it out there, I've recently had a dream about a very large helicopter crashing into the Tay Road Bridge. This one was very surreal, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

The third thing is quite personal and I'm not using the real names as it just doesn't feel right. Shortly after my wife died (twenty years ago) my sister went to put flowers on her grave. She had to take her then 2 year old son with her as there was no-one available to look after him, but they hadn't told him my wife had died and she told him they were just going to see the church and look at the flowers. On the way back to the car the wee boy said "Must tell Cav". When my sister asked what he had to tell me he said "Jenny's ok now and she was really pleased to see me." That one was both heart-warming and heart-breaking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I've had an EMF meter going haywire in a room void of electricity in an old empty house.
    Unbelievable. 😉

I've been discussing this thread with my mum and dad and they reminded me something that happened when I was a wee boy, I can still remember it clear as day 35 or so years later but havn't thought about it for a while, I have no history of imaginary friends, lying or making stuff up even as a kid

Every Christmas my whole family would go to my Nana and grandads house, one year there was this old man sat on the settee in a brown suit and he showed me how to turn a piece of paper into a boat/hat and chatted away to me, after we left I asked my mum and dad who he was and they had absolutely no clue who I was on about, we had all been in the same room and there were about 10 people there max so it's not like they missed someone

I can still remember where he was sitting, what he did, nothing spooky like disappearing, he was just some guy at my Nana and Grandads to me

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I remember being on an overnight train from Dnipro to Kiev after the Hibs game. I woke up in the night so went for a wander. The train was stopped and there was a load of strange lights on the other side of a tall embankment beside the train. Couldn’t explain them at the time. Sadly I learnt later on there had been a fatal rail crash that night and my suspicion is that it was probably the lights from the search crews, but it was certainly lights like I’ve not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I remember being on an overnight train from Dnipro to Kiev after the Hibs game. I woke up in the night so went for a wander. The train was stopped and there was a load of strange lights on the other side of a tall embankment beside the train. Couldn’t explain them at the time. Sadly I learnt later on there had been a fatal rail crash that night and my suspicion is that it was probably the lights from the search crews, but it was certainly lights like I’ve not seen before.
    There were quite a few strange "events" on those trains! 😲

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    There were quite a few strange "events" on those trains! 😲
    Yep, I remember being invited into a compartment with the most stereotypical of grizzly looking Russian mafia types who spoke no English. They gave us some beers and some rocket fuel I think was meant to be vodka. As well as the most rancid of food we had to pretend to enjoy all while communicating using the extent of “Shevchenko” and “Kiev”. Got many a story from that trip 😀

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Unbelievable. 😉

You should believe it because to set off an EMF detector you need some form of electricity/power. If you go into a kitchen or room you will get a spike on the EMF, you go through all the rooms and get a base line so you know what is expected, if the EMF goes up above the base line it generally means there's been a surge of power from somewhere. We were in an old building void of all power so the base line was at zero, to get massive spikes in a building with no power is a big deal.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You should believe it because to set off an EMF detector you need some form of electricity/power. If you go into a kitchen or room you will get a spike on the EMF, you go through all the rooms and get a base line so you know what is expected, if the EMF goes up above the base line it generally means there's been a surge of power from somewhere. We were in an old building void of all power so the base line was at zero, to get massive spikes in a building with no power is a big deal.
    https://youtu.be/sfCLt0kTd5E

Tune!