hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Europa Conference League

Everything you need to know is here-

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/news/0264-10fe90612aa3-37b2bc77f89e-1000--europa-conference-league-lowdown/?iv=true
    Last edited by Magpie; 03-12-2020 at 04:01 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Can you fix the link please

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks

So is this for all the Shan teams?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thanks

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Party in Tirana it is.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    First qualifying round: 8 & 15 July
    Second qualifying round: 22 & 29 July

we need summer football :)

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    If i'm reading right, 3rd & 4th in league would enter at Q2 on 22 & 29 July needing 6 games to get into group stages.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

If i'm reading right, 3rd & 4th in league would enter at Q2 on 22 & 29 July needing 6 games to get into group stages.
    That’s right 👍🏻

Scottish Cup winners would only be two games away from reaching the Group Stages of this competition as they would enter the regular Europa League in the 3rd qualifying round which means even if they lost the Play Off they would be guaranteed entry into the Europa Conference League group stages.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Realistically that'll usually be 4th and 5th unless someone outside of the top 3 win the Scottish cup.

I'm not too sure of the financial advantage of these competitions when you take into account all the associated costs of travel and extra games, or what the standard is likely be and therefore how far we could realistically progress but this could be quite a key tournament for Hibs.

We should be looking to qualify for this as a minimum quite regularly as our fundamental target, and potentially progressing into the group stages on a semi-regular basis...

I look forward to it anyway.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Scottish Cup winners would only be two games away from reaching the Group Stages of this competition as they would enter the regular Europa League in the 3rd qualifying round which means even if they lost the Play Off they would be guaranteed entry into the Europa Conference League group stages.
    If Celtic or Rangers win the Scottish Cup does that Europa League 3rd qualifying spot go to 3rd place? Assuming they both finish in the top two of course.

Not impressed with the format. 18 teams from the Europa league get a second bite of the cherry.

Theres been at least 8 winners of the Europa league that have come from the Champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Not impressed with the format. 18 teams from the Europa league get a second bite of the cherry.

Theres been at least 8 winners of the Europa league that have come from the Champions league.
    Definitely seems to be in favour of the ‘bigger’ teams, it would be great to reach the group stages of this tournament though. Would love to see us up against some decent sides from across Europe, would create some fantastic trips too.

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    I fear I am doing this forum wrong but I am truly excited about the prospect of going abroad with my pals, flying our flags/banners, seeing us actually ****ing competing on a European stage and, dare I say it, even winning the ****ing thing. If it raises our European/Global profile then I am all for it.

For some reason I am cautiously optimistic about this. Then again, I am a fairly optimistic dude who tries to find the best in everything.

I know I'm doing this wrong and will shortly be brought back down to earth [Curiosity Killed the Cat style!!] by some nitpicking doomer-post pointing out how having fun abroad with your mates and having the chance to win a Continental trophy is morally repugnant.

I, for one, am looking forward to the future.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    So is this for all the Shan teams?
    You’ve just precluded yourself from final tickets with that comment

Definitely seems to be in favour of the ‘bigger’ teams, it would be great to reach the group stages of this tournament though. Would love to see us up against some decent sides from across Europe, would create some fantastic trips too.
    Agree love to see Hibs in Europe. Just feel all UEFAs comps are weighted towards the better off.

Like the sound of that.

Let's be honest without considerable investment and a series of lucky draws its unlikely we'll reach the Europa League group stage.

It would be good for the club and add something abit different. Great away trips for the fans potentially too.

Not sure why anyone would be against it.

If Celtic or Rangers win the Scottish Cup does that Europa League 3rd qualifying spot go to 3rd place? Assuming they both finish in the top two of course.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Yes.
    Makes finishing 3rd even bigger in regards to playing regular European football then.

Sounds a bit diddy

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    I fear I am doing this forum wrong but I am truly excited about the prospect of going abroad with my pals, flying our flags/banners, seeing us actually ****ing competing on a European stage and, dare I say it, even winning the ****ing thing. If it raises our European/Global profile then I am all for it.

For some reason I am cautiously optimistic about this. Then again, I am a fairly optimistic dude who tries to find the best in everything.

I know I'm doing this wrong and will shortly be brought back down to earth [Curiosity Killed the Cat style!!] by some nitpicking doomer-post pointing out how having fun abroad with your mates and having the chance to win a Continental trophy is morally repugnant.

We’ve got absolutely no chance of winning it. However if we’re serious about being the 3rd force in Scotland etc then we should be making the groups every year which would be great to have regular european football

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Sounds a bit diddy
    The harsh reality is that this is ehere we are in terms of European standing. So it's either this tournament or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post

Yahoo bring it on we were first into Europe in 1955 with the European Cup, so why not now.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Like the sound of that.

Let's be honest without considerable investment and a series of lucky draws its unlikely we'll reach the Europa League group stage.

It would be good for the club and add something abit different. Great away trips for the fans potentially too.

Not sure why anyone would be against it.
    Likewise. I’m not even massively interested in the actual tournament. I just want some away trips with Hibs to decent places rather than the usual places Scottish teams end up going

Would love to get a game against someone like Real Betis, Fiorentina, Espanyol etc.

I'm excited for this. I absolutely enjoyed our last run in the Europa and the beauty of it was we were winning games and competing in all the ties because they were all teams about our level. Playing against teams we know or players we've watched on the tele is great for a one off spectacle, but once we likely lose it's over and we're back to square one trying to get back into the party again.

But I want Hibs to win games. And I'll gladly watch us in a 'lesser' tournament to play against folk from Belarus, Estonia, and Georgia in a group while actually having away trips with memorable results. When we completed the comeback against Asteras at Easter Road it was absolutely fantastic, I would love more nights at Easter Road like that, and if the Conference will provide that for me then the tournament will have served it's purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Likewise. I’m not even massively interested in the actual tournament. I just want some away trips with Hibs to decent places rather than the usual places Scottish teams end up going

Would love to get a game against someone like Real Betis, Fiorentina, Espanyol etc.
    Spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I'm excited for this. I absolutely enjoyed our last run in the Europa and the beauty of it was we were winning games and competing in all the ties because they were all teams about our level. Playing against teams we know or players we've watched on the tele is great for a one off spectacle, but once we likely lose it's over and we're back to square one trying to get back into the party again.

But I want Hibs to win games. And I'll gladly watch us in a 'lesser' tournament to play against folk from Belarus, Estonia, and Georgia in a group while actually having away trips with memorable results. When we completed the comeback against Asteras at Easter Road it was absolutely fantastic, I would love more nights at Easter Road like that, and if the Conference will provide that for me then the tournament will have served it's purpose.
    It was fantastic, but the away match in Tripoli was even more fantastic.
    Bring on the away trips to sunshine and football

Been having a look at this and have stumbled across the fact that our spot for the Scottish Cup winner/3rd place from this season will go straight into the Europa League playoff round next year, which would guarantee group stage football even if you lost it. What an opportunity that is

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Spot on

It was fantastic, but the away match in Tripoli was even more fantastic.
    Bring on the away trips to sunshine and football
    I wasn't there sadly but the pub was brilliant too. More nights like them are what we're after.