hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    It would appear that Mr RJ Gordon wants Hibs to concentrate on increasing its revenue at a time when the economy is heading for a recession .This is a very important requirement if the cub is going to be competitive in the SPL and beyond. The Hearts turnover was much less andthe club is beimng lent money to enable it to survive. They will not be the only club that faces a tough time finacially.
    I look forward to the way that Mr Gordon will make our club able to compete in our league and beyond.
    If that requires a different staff to achieve this goal, so be it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constant reference to the woman’s personal tragedy aren’t exactly pleasant. She’s gone now. No need to press this any further. Imagine if she’s looking in? Perhaps just be a bit kinder.
    If we closed everything off for discussion after a citizen experienced tragedy, we wouldn’t have very much to talk about.

As the saying goes, life must go on.

Perhaps you need to give this thread a miss rather that decide what is best for everyone else?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Does seem odd, I didn't realise she was running Glasgow City and working for us simultaneously, Her heart was obviously more in the Glasgow City job. Hopefully this means we can get someone in whose sole focus will be on improving our income to support the playing side with funds.
    Laura was out her depth at Hibs and only reason she was in a job was down to her social circles. was eventually moved roles to head of sales with little responsibility.

Had several conversations with her regarding offering sponsorship to the club which got nowhere.
    Had some lengthy conversations upon which I’ve left bewildered at the answers given - totally unacceptable.

One current sponsor was invited to a meeting by Laura, he was excited to see what he was going to be offered as has spent £ks per season on the club in sponsorship - to his dismay he was asked if he would be interested in replicating the sponsorship in Glasgow City. No mention of Hibs.

Glad to note the new team which includes Greg McEwan and Murray Milligan have been excellent. Some of the news companies sponsoring the club is great to see. Bringing in extra revenue where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Laura was out her depth at Hibs and only reason she was in a job was down to her social circles. was eventually moved roles to head of sales with little responsibility.

Had several conversations with her regarding offering sponsorship to the club which got nowhere.
    Had some lengthy conversations upon which I’ve left bewildered at the answers given - totally unacceptable.

One current sponsor was invited to a meeting by Laura, he was excited to see what he was going to be offered as has spent £ks per season on the club in sponsorship - to his dismay he was asked if he would be interested in replicating the sponsorship in Glasgow City. No mention of Hibs.

Glad to note the new team which includes Greg McEwan and Murray Milligan have been excellent. Some of the news companies sponsoring the club is great to see. Bringing in extra revenue where possible.
    I’ve worked with Murray in the past and Hibs are onto a winner with that appointment. Extremely driven and ambitious up and coming commercial man. Fingers crossed for good times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post

Matches what I heard too.

Concerning that she was ever in the position, and doesn't paint Dempster in too good a light either if it was her who gave her the job.

My own view is we never capitalised off the field on the back of cup win. Too slow with ideas, no sponsorship, and lots just not doing the business. Lets hope we see real progress now
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Do people really know enough about the job she did? Personally would have no clue one way or the other. Not sure I really see the conflict of interest either given the women's team were I think self funded

I can't comment on the quality of the work she did for Hibs but the conflict of interest is surely undeniable? She was earning her income from Hibs, but devoted to Glasgow City. Hibs Ladies were Glasgow City's biggest rivals and only real challengers until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I can't comment on the quality of the work she did for Hibs but the conflict of interest is surely undeniable? She was earning her income from Hibs, but devoted to Glasgow City. Hibs Ladies were Glasgow City's biggest rivals and only real challengers until recently.
    The irony of her smiling away with GC players after beating Hibs at the piggery
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Was part of her job to find sponsorship, etc. for Hibs Ladies? My understanding is that they're basically a separate entity, under the wing of the club but run by the Community Foundation.

Are Glasgow City really in competition with Hibernian FC? I honestly don't see it.

I don't know how she got the job at Hibs or how good she was at it (I'm not doubting what people are posting), but some of the accusations and reactions strike me as being a bit OTT and probably unfair when we don't know the whole story and she's not here to defend herself.

Thank **** she’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    My own view is we never capitalised off the field on the back of cup win. Too slow with ideas, no sponsorship, and lots just not doing the business. Lets hope we see real progress now
    Yup...21/05/2016 was a cathartic moment for Hibernian FC, but it's already the thick end of 5 years in the past. We've got to keep improving and progressing and keep our history evolving.

I sometimes think (rightly or wrongly) that there's a few still in positions of influence at ER that think "job done" after the Cup win.

It showed the true potential of the club and should have been a launch pad to a more consistent period of success re league placings in particular, but it hasn't transpired that way.

Our default setting seems to be to retreat into ourselves at times, and I really hope Gordon sees the true potential of the club and appoints a new CEO that gets the club and understands the fans' aspirations and really kicks us on.

It's not difficult: Sign decent players and give us an attractive, bold and aggressive team that we can readily identify with and enjoy watching. Beat Hearts more often; big-up the fixture in the manner that they do. Get the whole club wanting to do them.

Achieve that and the rest will follow.

Oh, and get the club more visibly and actively involved with HSL and get the contributions up.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Yep, we should have been raking it in. You could hardly buy a cup winning souvenir afterwards. Bigger item stuff would have flown off shelves like David Gray signed anything...

That’s before you start on the commercial and hospitality stuff which we’ve behind other clubs with.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    We are all HIBS

From bottom to top

100%

No conflicts of interest

All or nothing

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hibs the club are not competing with Glasgow city. Thought that Hibs ladies were self funding so no conflict at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    She cost us two years worth of sponsorship, no great loss to us. Shame about her personal life, but that's about £500k to us that we've missed out on I'd imagine

Hibs the club are not competing with Glasgow city. Thought that Hibs ladies were self funding so no conflict at all.
    Depends on which way you look at it.

Hibernian FC and Glasgow City are not direct on-field competitors. There's more than one anecdote on this thread about people interesting in putting money Hibs way being diverted towards giving it to Glasgow City. In that sense they are very much in competition - for the attention and money of prospective sponsors.

When it comes to spending money over the summer Hibs and their season tickets are competing with golf clubs, holidays and other things for people's attention. It's highly unlikely/ impossible that anyone is going to be tempted away from spending money on a season ticket at Hibs to spend money on a season ticket at any of our footballing competitors.

It would be a big concern if anyone on our payroll was behaving in such a way - or to be in a position where a separate commitment might leave them conflicted.
    Last edited by Smartie; 01-12-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    She cost us two years worth of sponsorship, no great loss to us. Shame about her personal life, but that's about £500k to us that we've missed out on I'd imagine
    A bit harsh and simplistic to lay that at her door entirely.

We'll never know what sorts of sponsorship someone else might have managed to rustle up.

Hopefully we get that sorted from next season onwards though.

Constant reference to the woman’s personal tragedy aren’t exactly pleasant. She’s gone now. No need to press this any further. Imagine if she’s looking in? Perhaps just be a bit kinder.
    I don't see anyone being insensitive, indeed it's being raised as a legitimate reason her performance may have lacked something. regardless there are legitimate points raised about said performance that were regularly swept under the carpet at the time. she shouldn't have been near the job and it's undoubtedly cost Hibs revenue.

that said Glasgow City are close to her heart and I genuinely wish her well. I hope she finds personal inner peace back at a club she loves.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Come on now.

Hibs Ladies is our team. They wear our colours and represent us whether you follow them or not. They are part of our brand. They need to grow but to do that they need to increase their budget. One obvious way to do that is through commercial income and sponsorship.

Come on now.

Hibs Ladies is our team. They wear our colours and represent us whether you follow them or not. They are part of our brand. They need to grow but to do that they need to increase their budget. One obvious way to do that is through commercial income and sponsorship.
    The sponsorship team at Hibernian do not try and raise any sponsorship for Hibs Women. People that work for the foundation try and do that. Its had nothing at all to do with Laura.

The sponsorship team at Hibernian do not try and raise any sponsorship for Hibs Women. People that work for the foundation try and do that. Its had nothing at all to do with Laura.
    Your correct to an extent. No one would have expected Laura to go out and generate sponsorship for HLFC but when she’s asking current Hibs based sponsors to do the same for Glasgow city that quite frankly is disgraceful any sign of sponsors willing to invest into the women’s game should have been pointed straight to the direction of HLFC or women as they are now called.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just noticed that Waterman’s Legal also sponsor Glasgow City Women’s Football Club

They do have a Branch in Glasgow

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    Not a chance that she would be the sole responsible person for our main sponsorship. That would most often have been secured by Petrie in the past and Dempster in recent years...unfair to suggest the lack of sponsor was her doing alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A bit harsh and simplistic to lay that at her door entirely.
    The buck stops with the person in charge.

If your role is head of sponsorship and your department doesn’t deliver the key revenue driver of shirt sponsorship on your watch, then that is 100% your responsibility. And that’s before anyone even looks at some of the other stuff mentioned on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    The buck stops with the person in charge.

If your role is head of sponsorship and your department doesn’t deliver the key revenue driver of shirt sponsorship on your watch, then that is 100% your responsibility. And that’s before anyone even looks at some of the other stuff mentioned on this thread.
    If the buck stops with the person in charge then ultimately it lies with the CEO.

If you're job title is head of sales and sponsorship then it's pretty clear which two things you're responsible for.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Does anyone know why we didn't have a commercial shirt sponsor for 19/20? If not can we stop with the lynch mob stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post
    If you're job title is head of sales and sponsorship then it's pretty clear which two things you're responsible for.
    For most things yes, for something as fundamental and such a high revenue driver as the clubs main sponsor then that's stops with the CEO imo.

Testimonial Due
    Sorry to hear about her personal situation but sounds like we were too soft with her and she was being protected by Leeann. Worked for two large US companies and they are quick to clear out those that don't deliver.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Does anyone know why we didn't have a commercial shirt sponsor for 19/20? If not can we stop with the lynch mob stuff?
    The problem is that we are all Hibs fans, and some of us think that the task of revenue generation for our club has been poorly executed for some time and we appeared not to capitalise on the cup win.................I am being kind with some of these words.

If it were isolated rumours I would discount them, but a few people have posted detail which is identical to what I was told by one of our sponsors and who I have known for 30+ years.

That detail doesnt paint those responsible for securing commercial and sponsorship money for Hibs in a good or professional light.

I feel very sorry for LM personal circumstances, it is perhaps good to draw a line under it now, and move on.