hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know if it is different this season but i’m sure in previous seasons a club has been allowed to request one fixture change a season. (Think any club who did use it used it in the first few weeks) so maybe this is why they have been allowed to carry this out. Poor form not to give a courtesy call either way though.
    That has defo been the case previously. However, they have also been clear since the start of this season that there weren't many spare slots to rearrange fixturea. So to move a game back two days further reduces this.

Absolutely shocking from the SPFL.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The SPFL have broken rule G4 of their own regulations which states;

Where reasonably practicable the Board shall consult with and shall take into
    account any representations made by participating Clubs before rescheduling the
    date, time and/or venue of an Official Match.
    When Rangers were on their UEFA Cup run they asked for matches to be changed but other clubs did not agree.
    Usually clubs agree when it is moved for TV as they are compensated financially but if we don't agree and there is no TV involved club should tell the SPFL to get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    Inform Spfl we have no intention of playing on the Monday and will turn up for original fixture date.🤣🤣
    Remember Talin.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d ask for game to be put back to original date and if they say no then I would publicly state that no Hibs team will turn up on the 11th. Imagine their face when no hibs turn up and what a stink it would cause. We’d loose the three points but I’d then ask for a tribunal to award us the points as the date was rescheduled without our concent.

We’d loose but it would raise Hibs profile when the tabloids etc take up the story. It would also show that we will not be pushed around by bullying.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    When Rangers were on their UEFA Cup run they asked for matches to be changed but other clubs did not agree.
    Usually clubs agree when it is moved for TV as they are compensated financially but if we don't agree and there is no TV involved club should tell the SPFL to get lost.
    The SPFL would probably just tell us they have the casting vote when two clubs can't agree on a fixture change and we would forfeit the match.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I'm assuming we will be lodging an official complaint about this?
    Scottish football don't you just love it 😂

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Why should we endanger our players by playing them against a squad that will have travelled through 2 airports and a 6 hour flight the day before??

If one of them comes back with Covid it could totally ruin our season. Joke

Left by mutual consent!
    That's disgraceful.

All so Celtic can go away for a few days to Dubai.
    Without NL too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I’d ask for game to be put back to original date and if they say no then I would publicly state that no Hibs team will turn up on the 11th. Imagine their face when no hibs turn up and what a stink it would cause. We’d loose the three points but I’d then ask for a tribunal to award us the points as the date was rescheduled without our concent.

We’d loose but it would raise Hibs profile when the tabloids etc take up the story. It would also show that we will not be pushed around by bullying.

GGTTH
    Sorry, but this is nonsense. Not turning up to a game knowing you will lose 3 points against a struggling side where we might have a chance of points?
    Not for me. Ever.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Know our place seems to be the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    I don’t know if it is different this season but i’m sure in previous seasons a club has been allowed to request one fixture change a season. (Think any club who did use it used it in the first few weeks) so maybe this is why they have been allowed to carry this out. Poor form not to give a courtesy call either way though.
    I’m sure it was only a specific weekend at the start of the season that you could use for a friendly instead - we also did it once. They stopped that a few years ago though

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Love that from Leeann. Taking no ***** and not being quite about it either.
    How is she taking no ****? Hibs are announcing the date as a done deal, to me that is yet another roll over. She should not be directing her "fizzing" to us, she needs to direct her fire on the people running roughshod over us.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Absolute joke from the SPFL. Should Celtc be travelling abroad for a jolly during a global pandemic?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    This is outrageous. They asked, we said no so they have changed the fixture anyway!!!! We can not take this laying down, I hope the club object in the strongest terms and if necessary take legal advise. F@*£ Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    Inform Spfl we have no intention of playing on the Monday and will turn up for original fixture date.
    I truly believe thats what Hibs should do

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Absolute joke from the SPFL. Should Celtc be travelling abroad for a jolly during a global pandemic?
    That’s the crazy thing for me.

Spfl statement makes sense to me to an extent however first of all, it’s clear the communication has been terrible. Secondly though, and the main thing, why are they being allowed to travel to Dubai during a global pandemic? Surely the clubs are under orders to minimise contact outside their own bubble to a minimum? A whole club going on their travels to a different country is far worse than 6 Aberdeen players going for a pint IMO.

Find it mad that Celtic want to go on this trip and crazy that they’re being allowed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Sorry, but this is nonsense. Not turning up to a game knowing you will lose 3 points against a struggling side where we might have a chance of points?
    Not for me. Ever.
    So roll over and take it yet again. This is an extraordinary season, time to do something extraordinary and stand up to these clowns

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Why should we endanger our players by playing them against a squad that will have travelled through 2 airports and a 6 hour flight the day before??

If one of them comes back with Covid it could totally ruin our season. Joke

Coaching Staff
    Seems to be a bit of fuss about nothing. We objected, the Board ruled the way they usually do and we do seem to have been told before it was made public.

Serious questions need to be asked of Celtic if they think a jaunt to Dubai is necessary during a pandemic. Do they not have a multi million pound training complex they can train at?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Seems to be a bit of fuss about nothing. We objected, the Board ruled the way they usually do and we do seem to have been told before it was made public.
    Does look like Dempster has over reacted a bit to be honest.

She says she wasn’t informed but the SPFL are saying the club were told an hour before it went public.

I think the SPFL probably should have called someone at Hibs, they knew that we didn’t want the game to be changed so an explanation of why they’re siding with Celtic would have been appropriate.

Still think it’s madness Celtic are being allowed to go on this trip though.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Serious questions need to be asked of Celtic if they think a jaunt to Dubai is necessary during a pandemic. Do they not have a multi million pound training complex they can train at?
    What happens if the quarantine rules for when they return to Scotland change while they’re in Dubai?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

She says she wasn’t informed but the SPFL are saying the club were told an hour before it went public.

I think the SPFL probably should have called someone at Hibs, they knew that we didn’t want the game to be changed so an explanation of why they’re siding with Celtic would have been appropriate.

It might be madness but it is allowed and isn’t really relevant to the process of asking for a game to be moved over the same weekend period.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It might be madness but it is allowed and isn’t really relevant to the process of asking for a game to be moved over the same weekend period.
    I know. I was agreeing with you 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Not for me. Ever.
    Thats fair enough, all about opinions but if they get to walk over us once it won’t stop. Probably a good job I’m not in charge cause I’m a stubborn old fart who would actually do what I said.

GGTTH

First Team Regular newmarket_hibbee's Avatar
    That’s the crazy thing for me.

Spfl statement makes sense to me to an extent however first of all, it’s clear the communication has been terrible. Secondly though, and the main thing, why are they being allowed to travel to Dubai during a global pandemic? Surely the clubs are under orders to minimise contact outside their own bubble to a minimum? A whole club going on their travels to a different country is far worse than 6 Aberdeen players going for a pint IMO.

Find it mad that Celtic want to go on this trip and crazy that they’re being allowed to do it.
    Maybe they are going to Dunbar and no Dubai, you heard wrong, i guess restictions might still be in force, just nae quarenteen.......

I think the issue is we weren't consulted and asked for our opinion, a previous poster quoted the SPFL rules which state they should do so. Calling us to let us know they've decided to change the fixture is different.

However, if Hibs are stating there was no contact at all, or if the SPFL are claiming they did consult Hibs, which goes against our version. We could always ask them to produce evidence to that effect.

As others have stated though, taking a trip abroad to train also seems very irresponsible. Hypothetically, what happens if Dubai is removed from the travel list whilst Celtic are there and their squad then have to quarantine. Are all fixtures affected going to be moved again? And if so, to when exactly? Or will they just have to concede points if they can't produce a team?

What happens if the quarantine rules for when they return to Scotland change while they’re in Dubai?
    Professional sports teams/athletes are exempt from the quarantine rules.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I think the issue is we weren't consulted and asked for our opinion, a previous poster quoted the SPFL rules which state they should do so. Calling us to let us know they've decided to change the fixture is different.

However, if Hibs are stating there was no contact at all, or if the SPFL are claiming they did consult Hibs, which goes against our version. We could always ask them to produce evidence to that effect.

As others have stated though, taking a trip abroad to train also seems very irresponsible. Hypothetically, what happens if Dubai is removed from the travel list whilst Celtic are there and their squad then have to quarantine. Are all fixtures affected going to be moved again? And if so, to when exactly? Or will they just have to concede points if they can't produce a team?
    I don’t think practically there is consultation on these things. One team asks, the other says no and the long standing practice is to allow the home team the move. There’s no real reason to look any further into the objections.

The trip might well be irresponsible but that isn’t part of this process.

Professional sports teams/athletes are exempt from the quarantine rules.
    Does that apply if the Foreign Office removes them from travel lists and advises against travel between the countries though?

Us having to play a team which has been in that situation could then put our players at risk.