hibs.net Messageboard

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,561 to 1,583 of 1583
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doncaster with his usual verbal diarrhoea:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ent-doncaster/

I think he talks perfect sense there. He explains why things happened the way they did.

I suppose he could have said anything and been criticised.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Doncaster with his usual verbal diarrhoea:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ent-doncaster/
    To be fair, I preferred Barry from Eastenders video.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    “ Doncaster said: “If you start allowing individual clubs to decide if they are going to fulfil a fixture then that’s where madness lies.”

Celtic were allowed to not fulfil the original date and reschedule to allow for a wee jolly and piss up in Dubai. Yet a club wanting to ensure the safety of their players is “madness”.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    To be fair, I preferred Barry from Eastenders video.
    That was so terrible and so good at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    “ Doncaster said: “If you start allowing individual clubs to decide if they are going to fulfil a fixture then that’s where madness lies.”

Celtic were allowed to not fulfil the original date and reschedule to allow for a wee jolly and piss up in Dubai. Yet a club wanting to ensure the safety of their players is “madness”.
    He also explains

"Hibs were already raging the original date for the Celtic match was put back 48 hours to allow Neil Lennon to take his squad to Dubai.

Doncaster said: “I had various conversations with Hibernian around that time. It’s for the club to take their own view on what happened.

“But we have to recall it was a Celtic home game we were talking about. Just as last weekend we had a Livingston home game which they requested be rescheduled.

“We agreed that request without reference to Ross County. So we have to apply the rules fairly and evenly to all.”"

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He also explains

"Hibs were already raging the original date for the Celtic match was put back 48 hours to allow Neil Lennon to take his squad to Dubai.

Doncaster said: “I had various conversations with Hibernian around that time. It’s for the club to take their own view on what happened.

“But we have to recall it was a Celtic home game we were talking about. Just as last weekend we had a Livingston home game which they requested be rescheduled.

“We agreed that request without reference to Ross County. So we have to apply the rules fairly and evenly to all.”"
    So he is saying a Hibs would be able to move any Saturday home game to a Monday if for example we had a player struggling with injury and might play on the rearranged date. Does without reference to Ross county mean not communicating with them?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    So he is saying a Hibs would be able to move any Saturday home game to a Monday if for example we had a player struggling with injury and might play on the rearranged date. Does without reference to Ross county mean not communicating with them?
    I don't know how it works, but I'd imagine there would have to be minimum notice - maybe 3-4 weeks or something?

It's probably what happens when Hibs & Hearts are both drawn at home or if a class A match clashes with the rugby at Murrayfield.

And it certainly sounds like they didn't consult Ross County.

As far as I remember, because of the exceptional circumstances, the board could have taken the reins in March/April last year and decided to "call" the keagues. It was the board's decision to put it to a vote of the clubs.

At the beginning of this season the board asked the clubs to give them the power to decide what would happen to the leagues under certain circumstances (this would already have been in place), but the clubs voted against.

As it stands nobody knows what will happen.
    IIRC Rangers put forward a motion, which Doncaster and McLennan threw out as they didn’t see it as being viable financially. I’ve no idea the ins and outs of it all, but that part sticks in my mind. The situation now is no different to what it was back then, the clubs essentially have the final say, but the board can propose whatever they want and dismiss what they want.

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Championship clubs asking if they want to continue playing or suspend their league.

https://t.co/e1j9gev4bF https://t.co/LPQXepE7dq

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Championship clubs asking if they want to continue playing or suspend their league.

https://t.co/e1j9gev4bF https://t.co/LPQXepE7dq
    Hearts, naturally, to be relegated to league one.

Play out the premiership with no relegation and void the lower leagues?

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Play out the premiership with no relegation and void the lower leagues?
    Null and void. No other option, only 10 games played.

The absolute banter if the Championship got cancelled and Hertz stayed down another season, while the Premiership continued and we qualified for Europe would be side splitting.

Especially if the League Cup still carried on because it’s only got Premiership teams left in it and we ended up winning the final.

They’d explode

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    The absolute banter if the Championship got cancelled and Hertz stayed down another season, while the Premiership continued and we qualified for Europe would be side splitting.

Especially if the League Cup still carried on because it’s only got Premiership teams left in it and we ended up winning the final.

They’d explode
    My sides would explode first!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    I think he talks perfect sense there. He explains why things happened the way they did.

I suppose he could have said anything and been criticised.

Do I think that Doncaster does a good job of promoting Scottish Football and getting additional income, absolutely not.

Do I think that he applies the rules agreed by all the member clubs, yes he does and I'd go as far as saying that he's applies them without fear or favour.

Celtic moving the game is within the rules of the SPFL, the rules don't state that you can't do it for a jolly to Dubai. It simply says that you can move a home game by (probably) meeting certain criteria. Hibs would be well aware of this and they'd be well aware of the covid testing protocol, they were absolutely within their rights to ask and morally it was the right thing to do. But equally the SPFL looked at the rules and as soon as Celtic said no there wasn't any other avenue that wouldn't have serious implications to Hibs...Celtic probably knew that and hoped that Hibs would forfeit the fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Do I think that Doncaster does a good job of promoting Scottish Football and getting additional income, absolutely not.

Do I think that he applies the rules agreed by all the member clubs, yes he does and I'd go as far as saying that he's applies them without fear or favour.

Celtic moving the game is within the rules of the SPFL, the rules don't state that you can't do it for a jolly to Dubai. It simply says that you can move a home game by (probably) meeting certain criteria. Hibs would be well aware of this and they'd be well aware of the covid testing protocol, they were absolutely within their rights to ask and morally it was the right thing to do. But equally the SPFL looked at the rules and as soon as Celtic said no there wasn't any other avenue that wouldn't have serious implications to Hibs...Celtic probably knew that and hoped that Hibs would forfeit the fixture.
    It’s not in the rules that a home side can move any game. It goes to the board to approve any requests, supposedly a gentleman’s agreement that what the home side says goes, but that doesn’t sit right. The board is there to serve all clubs, listen to all views, and make decisions based on facts.

The request doesn’t have to be approved though. And I’d expect them to use their noggin and reject said request to ensure that all games that Celtic are behind are caught up at the earliest opportunity, especially this year, where there is a very real possibility of a curtailed season again.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It’s not in the rules that a home side can move any game. It goes to the board to approve any requests, supposedly a gentleman’s agreement that what the home side says goes, but that doesn’t sit right. The board is there to serve all clubs, listen to all views, and make decisions based on facts.

The request doesn’t have to be approved though. And I’d expect them to use their noggin and reject said request to ensure that all games that Celtic are behind are caught up at the earliest opportunity, especially this year, where there is a very real possibility of a curtailed season again.
    You expect them to do a lot of things. You also say that they should do or should have done a lot of things. They didn't and they stuck by the rules.

Unfortunately for you, you don't run the SPFL. There's no point in banging on about this stuff.

Our next game against Celtic should be at home so we should request a change of date just to annoy them.

You expect them to do a lot of things. You also say that they should do or should have done a lot of things. They didn't and they stuck by the rules.

Unfortunately for you, you don't run the SPFL. There's no point in banging on about this stuff.
    They’d also be sticking by the rules by refusing to move the game. Contrary to yours, and the previous posters thoughts, there is no such rule which guarantees a home team leverage to automatically move a game of football. It requires board approval. Mr Doncaster is talking about a fictional 75% of games completion as a threshold for a season, when he’s the one stopping teams catching up on games.

You’re right, on a day when they’ve had two more monumental **** ups, we shouldn’t talk about things on a fans forum. The tribunal handed them their first defeat, and the fact they’re now asking championship clubs about a break (stating a club has gone public in backing a full stoppage when no club has done so, a day after stating the championship is imperative to commercial contracts and giving the clubs an option where they never gave the league 1 and 2 clubs the same luxury).

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Our next game against Celtic should be at home so we should request a change of date just to annoy them.
    I'd do that, but it would be a waste of time.

Celtc would object and this time the objection would be upheld. That would be further evidence of the Ugly Sisters being favoured over the football clubs but, as with all the other evidence, nothing will happen.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    It’ll no doubt be on tv so won’t be an SPFL or Hibs decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'd do that, but it would be a waste of time.

Celtc would object and this time the objection would be upheld. That would be further evidence of the Ugly Sisters being favoured over the football clubs but, as with all the other evidence, nothing will happen.
    https://youtu.be/hjEwCWN9-gc

Celtic away moved to Monday night/Celtic player tests positive

Howe to Celtic y end of next week and Big Boardroom changes
    Any one else hearing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 16-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.