hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Sounds like some Hibs fans need a history lesson. What you have seen is not revolting, but footage of brave freedom fighters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t ever want to see any of the Old Firm winning ten in a row. The fall out when Celtc fail is going to be hilarious to watch.
    The fall out of the huns losing it from here would be funnier

10, 12 or 20 in a row who cares as long as somebody other than The Rangers ends the run. The longer the new team from Glasgow spend way beyond their means and win nothing will do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    100% correct.

But just look at some of the deranged gibberish posted on here after a bad result and draw a few parallels.
    Ranting on social media is one thing, abusing the players and chucking stuff at them and injuring the polis and ignoring health guidelines during a public health emergency where folk are dying is quite another.

Pandemic aside, similar happens at other clubs, including this one. But ye gods, that's after years of stagnation and failure often culminating ( especially in our case ) in relegation.
    Not when your club is 11 points off the top of he league with two games in hand and still over half the season to play, not when you have just reached the national cup final, again. Not when you have just won 11 of the last 11 domestic competitions you have played in. In those circumstances this constitutes a massive over reaction, showing a blinding ignorance bordering on disrespectful arrogance of what the football following experience is for the vast majority of fans in every country on earth.

There is no parallel here that can be used against fans of any other club, excepting of course the other self entitled set on the other side of their city. I've no doubt they will talk about their expectations compared to fans of other clubs, but that's not an excuse it's just further evidence that they have been so spoiled by their success they have lost all perspective. It's clearly well past time for them to learn some humility

We should all be thanking Ross County this morning ...... they have done Scottish football a massive massive favour. Because Celtic and their **** fans had gotten past killing Scottish football and were in the process of kicking the corpse.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 30-11-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Ranting on social media is one thing, abusing the players and chucking stuff at them and injuring the polis and ignoring health guidelines during a public health emergency where folk are dying is quite another.

Pandemic aside, similar happens at other clubs, including this one. But ye gods, that's after years of stagnation and failure often culminating ( especially in our case ) in relegation.
    Not when your club is 11 points off the top of he league with two games in hand and still over half the season to play, not when you have just reached the national cup final, again. Not when you have just won 11 of the last 11 domestic competitions you have played in. In those circumstances this constitutes a massive over reaction, showing a blinding ignorance bordering on disrespectful arrogance of what the football following experience is for the vast majority of fans in every country on earth.

There is no parallel here that can be used against fans of any other club, excepting of course the other self entitled set on the other side of their city. I've no doubt they will talk about their expectations compared to fans of other clubs, but that's not an excuse it's just further evidence that they have been so spoiled by their success they have lost all perspective. It's clearly well past time for them to learn some humility

We should all be thanking Ross County this morning ...... they have done Scottish football a massive massive favour. Because Celtic and their **** fans had gotten past killing Scottish football and were in the process of kicking the corpse.
    It’s not just Celtic fans though. We’ve had a thread on here for weeks about Lennon and generally about how Rangers will be walking the league. If anything we had folk on here beating their fans to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It’s not just Celtic fans though. We’ve had a thread on here for weeks about Lennon and generally about how Rangers will be walking the league. If anything we had folk on here beating their fans to it!
    I don't particularly pay attention to threads about ugly sisters managers mate. I agree though, having seen both clubs over the last few years I would have said the The Rangers were a better team even last season. The Huns winning the league to stop 10 in a row would give me the same joy as seeing Michael Gove beat Jacob Rees = Mogg in a race for Tory party leader ..... just one nightmare being upstaged by another.

I still don't see how Hibs fans having an opinion on the merits or lack of them of Neil Lennon as Celtc manager equates to us having the same mindset as the self entitled morons who gathered outside of Celtc park last night.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    The reporting was predictably low key in the media this morning other than the usual fans not happy stuff but I'm glad to see that the police are going to take action and try and trace as many of these morons as they can.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I seen a few celtc fans on twitter last night saying thats them finished with celtc Talk about a lack of loyalty to your team, the first bumpy spell in 10 years and they've had enough, that is just mental*

* I know this is a few fans on twitter but even one or two saying that is beyond ridiculous.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't particularly pay attention to threads about ugly sisters managers mate. I agree though, having seen both clubs over the last few years I would have said the The Rangers were a better team even last season. The Huns winning the league to stop 10 in a row would give me the same joy as seeing Michael Gove beat Jacob Rees = Mogg in a race for Tory party leader ..... just one nightmare being upstaged by another.

I still don't see how Hibs fans having an opinion on the merits or lack of them of Neil Lennon as Celtc manager equates to us having the same mindset as the self entitled morons who gathered outside of Celtc park last night.
    It was more the point that given what they’ve won recently they should be happy with their lot and not kick off about a dip in form quite so quickly. We’ve had people pointing out Lennon should be sacked for weeks.

After this I'm starting to wonder if the rangers winning the title would be the best option.. ideally neither of them would win it, clearly!

The unbridled seethe of 10 years of prolonged excellence down the drain would be too good to miss!

Testimonial Due
    POLICE Scotland and Celtic were last night urged to hammer the “bampots” and “nutcases” responsible for the ugly scenes that flared outside Parkhead on Sunday evening - by bringing criminal…* http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ns/?ref=appshr

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    After this I'm starting to wonder if the rangers winning the title would be the best option.. ideally neither of them would win it, clearly!

The unbridled seethe of 10 years of prolonged excellence down the drain would be too good to miss!
    its 10 years of tin pot titles. most of them have involved the old huns in disarray and a period where the new Huns, Hibs and hearts have been out the league for around 3-5 years (including 1 season where all three were). their competition was Aberdeen, a side who **** the bed whenever they play Celtic or rangers.

rangers cheated for their 9 in a row because of the ebt and tax stuff, Celtics means even less.

it just shows Scottish football up for the farce it is that people think that's an achievement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    POLICE Scotland and Celtic were last night urged to hammer the “bampots” and “nutcases” responsible for the ugly scenes that flared outside Parkhead on Sunday evening - by bringing criminal…* http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ns/?ref=appshr
    I’ve never heard the chairman of organisation refer to people as bampots and nutcases, but then again the chairman is Billy Brown! Wasn’t aware of his latest role.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    its 10 years of tin pot titles. most of them have involved the old huns in disarray and a period where the new Huns, Hibs and hearts have been out the league for around 3-5 years (including 1 season where all three were). their competition was Aberdeen, a side who **** the bed whenever they play Celtic or rangers.

rangers cheated for their 9 in a row because of the ebt and tax stuff, Celtics means even less.

it just shows Scottish football up for the farce it is that people think that's an achievement.

As with any competition, you can only beat the opposition that's in front of you. Was our SC win "tin pot" because we beat a ***** The Rangers? Arguing that Celtic's long winning streak is not a significant achievement because some traditionally "big" teams weren't in the league - and let's remember that they weren't in the league because of their own incompetence on and/or off the field - is pretty embarrassing and indicative of an unjustifiable sense of entitlement. When was the last time we made a significant challenge for the league title? Our absence from the top flight made about as much difference to Celtic's campaigns as would the absence of Dundee Utd, Killie or Motherwell.

I'll grant you that the same team winning everything all the time is massively bring and says little for the rest of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    As with any competition, you can only beat the opposition that's in front of you. Was our SC win "tin pot" because we beat a ***** The Rangers? Arguing that Celtic's long winning streak is not a significant achievement because some traditionally "big" teams weren't in the league - and let's remember that they weren't in the league because of their own incompetence on and/or off the field - is pretty embarrassing and indicative of an unjustifiable sense of entitlement. When was the last time we made a significant challenge for the league title? Our absence from the top flight made about as much difference to Celtic's campaigns as would the absence of Dundee Utd, Killie or Motherwell.

I'll grant you that the same team winning everything all the time is massively bring and says little for the rest of Scottish football.
    not at all.

our Scottish cup run has absolutely no comparison. firstly we were both playing at the same level and both earned the right to be in the final, rangers beat Celtic in the semi also. rangers also pipped us to the league that season.

the point is since the mid 80s only Celtic or rangers have won the top league, when one of those clubs is not in the league it essentially hands the title to the other before a ball is kicked. that's tin pot - did anyone seriously ever think Celtic wouldn't win the title when rangers were fannying about the lower divisions?

the point about Hibs and hearts makes the league a weaker competition for Celtic, of course I'd need to check but I'd imagine that historically Hibs and hearts have been tougher places to go for the old firm than similar sides. over 90 mins, nothing to do with Hibs being a title contender. of course your point about these teams being out the league of their own making is valid, but it's hard to argue sides like Killie or Hamilton who offer Celtic 3/4 of their stadium etc offer a harder away day than a packed ER or tynecastle. of course anyone is capable of winning on a given day.

over 90 mins Scottish football is relatively competitive. over a season, and season after season, it's crap because the league is won before a ball is kicked. even if rangers win it this year...yawn. I'm 35 and I've never seen a non old firm winner. it's not changing anytime soon either.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post

The huge difference with their league titles and our cup run is we were all in the same pot, most of their league titles have come without having to play at Ibrox, Easter Road and Tynecastle for maybe 5 seasons. They've had an absolute cake walk for years and I cannot believe how much it has crumbled at the last hurdle.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    The huge difference with their league titles and our cup run is we were all in the same pot, most of their league titles have come without having to play at Ibrox, Easter Road and Tynecastle for maybe 5 seasons. They've had an absolute cake walk for years and I cannot believe how much it has crumbled at the last hurdle.
    It is far from over of course....

Left by mutual consent!
    It is far from over of course....
    It is with Lennon in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

How can Rangers' title wins mean more than Celtic's because they cheated in order to win them?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    It is with Lennon in charge.
    We’ve heard that before of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    We’ve heard that before of course.
    When? And we’ve?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    A 22-year-old man is charged in connection with disorder-related offences following a protest outside Celtic Park on Sunday
    https://t.co/cpzBMjP567
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.