hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celtic fans are revolting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-55125191

Not a happy bunch! Police Scotland deployed officers, at least 12 vehicles and the force helicopter as fans called for the removal of Celtic manager Neil Lennon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Just like their Glasgow brothers, they have always been revolting

Yes they most certainly are.

@hibs.net private member
    How dare a team have the temerity to beat them

Just realised, i should have said timerity.......I'll get my coat
    Last edited by Irish_Steve; 29-11-2020 at 09:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Their self - entitlement knows no bounds. The generation of fans attracted to the club for glory, and throw the toys out the pram when their club lose their first domestic cup tie after 35 successive wins.

https://twitter.com/WeAreScottishFB/...090014211?s=20

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their self - entitlement knows no bounds. The generation of fans attracted to the club for glory, and throw the toys out the pram when their club lose their first domestic cup tie after 35 successive wins.

thats disgraceful those scenes . One defeat in 4 years in cup competition and they come out like that.

Actually embarrassing. Bunch of deluded self entitled idiots. And that is having won the last 11 domestic trophies and losing first cup game in nearly five years! Can't handle a few weeks of poor form. Just wait for the meltdown if they don't get their 10 in a row.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

They don't like it up em!
    What a surprise that Covid is so prevalent in the West

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    They are EXACTLY the same as the other Erse cheek. In pretty much every respect

Best fans in world.

Don’t how they would have reacted had they only managed to win the treble - treble though

Anyone would think they had just lost to Alloa

Social media is all over this.

They have no idea, absolutely none, of the reality of supporting your team for 99% of the worlds football fans, never mind Scotland's.

Put it this way, I attended my first Hibs match in 1975, in that time we have won 3 ( three ) trophies and been relegated 3 times. A Celtic fan who saw his first match in 1975 will have seen his team win 50 ( fifty ) trophies, 22 of them league titles and will never, not once, have got out of bed on the first day of the season and had to wonder if they would get relegated .... not just never experienced relegation, or even a relegation battle ....... but not even had to contemplate the possibility of it.

Expecting success is one thing. But this is a fanbase who have seen their club win every domestic trophy for three seasons, to react like this after being knocked out of a competition they had no realistic chance of winning followed by a defeat in the country's 3rd most important competition is a massive over reaction which stinks of arrogant self entitlement, not passion, just pure unadulterated arrogant self entitlement.

They haven't got a bloody clue and if proof was required that the self titled 'best fans in the world' wouldn't last three seasons following Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or even Hibs last night's piss poor effort is all the proof anybody needs.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

They have no idea, absolutely none, of the reality of supporting your team for 99% of the worlds football fans, never mind Scotland's.

Put it this way, I attended my first Hibs match in 1975, in that time we have won 3 ( three ) trophies and been relegated 3 times. A Celtic fan who saw his first match in 1975 will have seen his team win 50 ( fifty ) trophies, 22 of them league titles and will never, not once, have got out of bed on the first day of the season and had to wonder if they would get relegated .... not just never experienced relegation, or even a relegation battle ....... but not even had to contemplate the possibility of it.

Expecting success is one thing. But this is a fanbase who have seen their club win every domestic trophy for three seasons, to react like this after being knocked out of a competition they had no realistic chance of winning followed by a defeat in the country's 3rd most important competition is a massive over reaction which stinks of arrogant self entitlement, not passion, just pure unadulterated arrogant self entitlement.

They haven't got a bloody clue and if proof was required that the self titled 'best fans in the world' wouldn't last three seasons following Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or even Hibs last night's piss poor effort is all the proof anybody needs.
    Sums it up perfectly. The world is going through a pandemic, people are losing their jobs, their families and their sanity, but these ‘fans’ are rioting because their team lost its first cup game in 35. They need a reality check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    pretty embarrassing stuff, they have won everything possible within Scottish Football in the last 4 years, they hit a sticky patch and they riot Can you imagine if their team was really pish?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    pretty embarrassing stuff, they have won everything possible within Scottish Football in the last 4 years, they hit a sticky patch and they riot Can you imagine if their team was really pish?
    As a Clydebank fan on Twitter said last night, if he rioted after every bad Clydebank spell over the years, he would have his own maximum security wing at Barlinnie.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the club that have won the last nine league titles and the last eleven domestic trophies on the trot (and are about to make it twelve)?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    They're so utterly deluded by this notion of '10 in a row' that they lose the tattie (no offsensive intent with this phrase, I use it frequently for 'losing the plot') after a bad run of form because it might ultimately mean failure this season.

They need to realise their 10 in a row is total bull**** anyway - the reason Rangers hold 9 in a row in such high esteem is because they won it 9 times with Celtic in the league!

Pitiful behaviour from spoiled wee *******s that don't know what it's truly like being a football fan. But then it comes as no surprise - Parkhead was mostly 50% capacity during the times when Rangers hosed all over them - they've always been a spineless set of cowards when the chips are down.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

100% correct.

But just look at some of the deranged gibberish posted on here after a bad result and draw a few parallels.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar

And they will have never experienced the massive high of winning like in 2016.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Best fans in world.

Don’t how they would have reacted had they only managed to win the treble - treble though
    They're not the best fans in the world, they copied the best fans in the world, whoever they are.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    100% correct.

But just look at some of the deranged gibberish posted on here after a bad result and draw a few parallels.
    Some effort to try and slag hibs fans off on a thread about Celtic fans. Hibs.net at its finest. There are zero parallels. They have won 11 trophies in a row, probably 12 come December including winning the league 9 years in a row. Hibs fans just want us to consistently finish in the top 4.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    At least at Hibs we save kicking off for when we win Cup competitions.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Some effort to try and slag hibs fans off on a thread about Celtic fans. Hibs.net at its finest. There are zero parallels. They have won 11 trophies in a row, probably 12 come December including winning the league 9 years in a row. Hibs fans just want us to consistently finish in the top 4.
    Yeah and we are in the Top 4 and lots of whining.

The point was a fair one. It is all relative. They are used to a certain level of success and performance and are not happy with how it is going. What has happened before doesn’t matter, if anything it feeds the expectation. We get a little bit of expectation and see discontent as soon as there might be any threat to it too.

The violent stuff is out of order of course.

@hibs.net private member
    They're still capable of going on a run in their league games in December. The 11 point gap is misleading with the games in hand. It's easy for pundits to say "no guarantee anymore they'll win them" but the chances are that they almost certainly will. So it's 5 points with 3 derbies to go. Rangers will hit a sticky patch and they've bottled it the past two seasons.

Celtic are 11/4 for the league. That's probably be as big a price as they will be. I still think they'll edge the league and the country can begin the never ending hearing about 10 in a row,

Their fans were an embarrassment last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    They're still capable of going on a run in their league games in December. The 11 point gap is misleading with the games in hand. It's easy for pundits to say "no guarantee anymore they'll win them" but the chances are that they almost certainly will. So it's 5 points with 3 derbies to go. Rangers will hit a sticky patch and they've bottled it the past two seasons.

Celtic are 11/4 for the league. That's probably be as big a price as they will be. I still think they'll edge the league and the country can begin the never ending hearing about 10 in a row,

Their fans were an embarrassment last night.
    I genuinely don't see how they'll win the league, they're all over the place just now. Yes they will win the majority of their remaining matches but two of the remaining matches v Rangers are at Ibrox where they haven't even lost a goal yet in a domestic match.

Well that's Lawell's Louts sunk any chance Doncaster had of persuading the Scottish Government to lift the restrictions of fans attending any time soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Robbie Neilson is revolting too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

While it's embarrassing I find it funny as duck. Living in Glasgow and having a lot of family and friends who are celtic fans, seeing the turn/change in them is something else. The rangers fans in the family were always the a holes when it comes to football but boy are the celtic fans pushing them close. So much so I'm finding myself leaning towards rangers winning the league and that's something I never thought I would say. The fall out from celtic not winning will be so much more funnier than rangers not winning. Thousands of the greatest fans in the world will walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    While it's embarrassing I find it funny as duck. Living in Glasgow and having a lot of family and friends who are celtic fans, seeing the turn/change in them is something else. The rangers fans in the family were always the a holes when it comes to football but boy are the celtic fans pushing them close. So much so I'm finding myself leaning towards rangers winning the league and that's something I never thought I would say. The fall out from celtic not winning will be so much more funnier than rangers not winning. Thousands of the greatest fans in the world will walk away.
    The Rangers losing it from here would spark an incredible reaction as well.

On one hand it’s win win as whichever one comes second will be very upset.

On the other hand it’s lose lose as you’re either going to be hearing about the 10 or the stopping of the 10 for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The Rangers losing it from here would spark an incredible reaction as well.

On one hand it’s win win as whichever one comes second will be very upset.

On the other hand it’s lose lose as you’re either going to be hearing about the 10 or the stopping of the 10 for a very long time.
    I don’t ever want to see any of the Old Firm winning ten in a row. The fall out when Celtc fail is going to be hilarious to watch.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.