hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Derby County and Wayne Rooney

I don’t know if you’ve been following the events at Derby County
    Bottom of the Championship, and sacked Cocu a few weeks back.

Since then they’ve had a management team including Wayne Rooney, Shay Given and a few others. They’ve lost both games with the coaching team in charge, and Rooney has played in both

I see he’s decided to step back from playing, and be some interim manager. Must be really difficult to have been a player in a losing team, to all of a sudden telling them all where it’s gone wrong
    He’ll need to be careful or his Managerial career could get off to a rocky start

Derby also going through a take over, so you wonder if the prospective new owners want to give them the job?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know if you’ve been following the events at Derby County
    Bottom of the Championship, and sacked Cocu a few weeks back.

Since then they’ve had a management team including Wayne Rooney, Shay Given and a few others. They’ve lost both games with the coaching team in charge, and Rooney has played in both

I see he’s decided to step back from playing, and be some interim manager. Must be really difficult to have been a player in a losing team, to all of a sudden telling them all where it’s gone wrong
    He’ll need to be careful or his Managerial career could get off to a rocky start

Derby also going through a take over, so you wonder if the prospective new owners want to give them the job?
    Yes very odd and not sure Rooney would be a great pick as a coach but who knows. Does he have the requisite coaching badges? Doesn't come across as the best communicator. I see Liam Rosenior is one of the coaches and got to be said if his coaches big is as good as his punditry Derby might be struggling.

They'll appoint Rooney and get relegated.