hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack Ross says he wants him to extend his stay beyond the end of the season.

Excellent news.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Sorry but I’d let him go. Excellent pro and amazing servant to Hibs but we have Daz and Sir David on long term contracts. Let the two young lads fight it out for that position and spend his wages on other positions.

We had the golden generation making us millions because we played them constantly. We now have two young lads that can fill Lewis’ position. I know this will not be a popular opinion but we need to make hard decisions every so often.

GGTTH
    Hope your fishing mate cos Daz and david are much worse than Stevenson.... Daz is done too slow overweight. Gray is finished too.... yes both were great in there time but Stevenson IS a legend and has more to offer than any them two

Opinions Eh

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Hope your fishing mate cos Daz and david are much worse than Stevenson.... Daz is done too slow overweight. Gray is finished too.... yes both were great in there time but Stevenson IS a legend and has more to offer than any them two

Opinions Eh
    See when you put ‘is’ in capital letters, are you inferring that Daz and SDG aren’t legends? FWIW sentiment goes out the window, none of the three will be playing regularly for us, and without regular games at their age they then become liabilities when they come in, see Gray against Celtic, see Daz against St Johnstone, just not good enough. We either find roles for them off the pitch and move them into them, or if they want to play then they go elsewhere.

I think we need attacking full backs with pace and defenders who are comfortable on the ball for the style I want to see at the club, unfortunately none of the three fit into those categories.

Would definitely like LS to sign and extend his contract. Great pro/servant
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I have always thought and still think he could do a job as a sitting midfielder. Back up for the likes of Gogic and Newell

First Team Breakthrough
    Lewis Stevenson is one of the best players at the club in terms of consistency, understanding of the game and attitude. His general play is okay too, I think he gets unfairly picked on for this. He's very good and very much should be the first name on the team sheet when fit

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post

Opinions Eh
    Bollocks played really well yesterday.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Bollocks played really well yesterday.
    He did play well yesterday. He looked rusty when he came on on Tuesday night but that's to be expected given his lack of game time this season.