hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it turns out to be the case, Maybe Ron deserves the benfit of the doubt?

Believe or not I've known a few self made millionaires over the years (mostly clients) and while it's not unusual that they employ members of their family, it's extremely rare that they'll risk giving too much responsibility to somebody who simply isn't up to it just because of who they are - quite the opposite in fact.
    The issue comes down to how Ron sees us and what he is expecting for his investment.

I would agree with your point above if we are talking about a commercial venture. Its unlikely a smart, experienced business person will stick a family member into a job they are ill suited or experienced for and risk losing money.

But does Ron see his ownership of us in the same way? If we are more of a hobby for him he might not be too fussed about giving family a chance.

FWIW I've liked what I've seen and heard of Ron.

But if my work did something similar I'd be worried about cronyism.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Why?

Anything that's said can be taken with a pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "in fact he's a bit of an arse but he's ma laddie?"

If Leeann is away, we'll know in the coming months and years whether her replacement is a success.
    Just think he will need to sell that message as think there would be some scepticism. He owns the club so he makes the decisions though.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks Leeann for everything you have done for the club. You came at one of our darkest times and moved us onto a new level.
    Won't be the same without you.

Btw does this mean we now get loyalty points?😂

Will be interesting to see where she goes next. If she even remains in football or sport

Hardly a shock. 5 years is probably about the shelf life for someone in that position.

She came in, made some very good decisions and freshened things up. I think the arrival of RG proved that things needed freshened up again/further. If he wants his own person in to do that then that is totally understandable.

LD done a very good job at Hibs but I don't buy into the idea she is irreplaceable. Time will tell.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Will be interesting to see where she goes next. If she even remains in football or sport
    I think she'll stay in the game, next stop Rangers or the SFA.

@hibs.net private member
    Unfortunately the rumours were right .

Thanks Leanne for all your hard work played a very big part in us achieving the Holy Grail in 2016.
    Good luck in the future.

Wonder when we will announce Ron Gordon's son who is Al Bundy's neighbour as her replacement , have messaged my mates but they have not heard anything in fact one of them said who is Al Bundy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    My pal's nephew heard from his mate's Facebook that it is true.

Is that credible?
    Well this hasn't aged well in the last hour or so...

Actually surprised she stayed here so long. She was always going to move onto a bigger project. Be interesting where she ends up next. I think she’s based west coast so SFA or Rangers quite probable.

She has done some fantastic work and built some really solid foundations.

The next appointment is going to be really interesting. Ideally some more stability (she was here 6 years) but fresh ideas will also be welcomed as the club keeps evolving.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    She's done a great job but I think the timing is right for both parties for her to move on.

It's important that Hibs get the right person in next, have thought for a while we're ready to really push on with Gordon's plans for the club, so lets hope we do it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Frees her up for the next league reconstruction committee anyway 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    No real shock here. Money saver and things really need freshened up throughout the club and change is long overdue. Thanks Leanne though

In Ronnie Boy we trust

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Were there not rumours that Hearts, Rangers, Scottish Rugby, Celtic.... etc etc etc all wanted her?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Good Luck and thank you!!......I just hope you don't go to Castle Greyskull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    Good Luck and thank you!!......I just hope you don't go to Castle Greyskull
    She was a season ticket holder at Rangers so wouldn't be a great surprise if she ended up there

Thanks for the memories, Leeann

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thanks for your efforts Leeann

You were greatly appreciated

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the future

Good luck!

Great servant and ambassador for the club. Will be a big loss for Hibs. Her contribution, especially during he dark days of relegation was invaluable. She will be a difficult act to follow.

Best wishes for the future.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Leeann has done a fantastic job and certainly in the early and middle part of her tenure linked everything together between fans, board and managers.
    She has definitely been less in the public eye pre and during Gordons takeover so now that Gordon has familiarised himself with things it makes sense.
    While replacing her in a purely business sense might not be as difficult as thought I think it is very important that we get the position or new structure spot on in the PR side of things. Although Leeanns presence may have reduced in the last year or two she was still a familiar and friendly face for the fans to feel connection to the upper echelons of the club and this is a gap that will need to be filled.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    My very best wishes to Leeann. She has done a magnificent job at Hibs and I think we should accept her reasons at face value. It must be a 24/7 job and it seems a good time to stop to take a breath and decide what she want to do with her life. I think we should accept that and stop all the ridiculous speculation.

In terms of her successor, I would like to see someone with experience in the leisure and entertainment industry that can take us to the next step. If by any chance Ron feels that a family member is qualified for the role then I trust the man to know better than any of us do. If it was his son, for instance, then I think it shows that he and his family are in this for the long term and that has to be good for the Club.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Leeann was excellent for the club. Like all leaders she didn't get everything right nor please everyone. But she has had a massive positive impact and she leaves us in a better place than when she came in. All the best to her in the future. She helped make 21/05/16 happen!!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    We absolutely need to make the right appointment now.

Ron giving it to his son sounds like a disaster

Thanks for everything Leeann

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Sad news. Overall I think she's done a very good job. I wonder where she is off to - The Rangers? Hope not. Best of luck to her for the future; she leaves big shoes to fill.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    She's done a great job but I think the timing is right for both parties for her to move on.

It's important that Hibs get the right person in next, have thought for a while we're ready to really push on with Gordon's plans for the club, so lets hope we do it.
    Exactly my thoughts on it happy to see a new person with fresh ideas

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Unfortunately the rumours were right .

Thanks Leanne for all your hard work played a very big part in us achieving the Holy Grail in 2016.
    Good luck in the future.

Wonder when we will announce Ron Gordon's son who is Al Bundy's neighbour as her replacement , have messaged my mates but they have not heard anything in fact one of them said who is Al Bundy.
    I just hope he is not a square Peg in a round hole...

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Sorry to see her go, done a fantastic job.

Wish her all the best.

First Team Regular
    I think she leaves the job in a much better state than she found it, which is a great legacy, especially in the difficult world of football.

Do agree than senior posts probably have a shelf life, and must be very demanding for her too from a personal point of view, so i dont necessarily think its a bad move for either side.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    She has made a very positive contribution to Hibs and in the main been an excellent chief executive. Can only wish her well in whatever she does next. (Unless that’s at Ibrox)

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    We absolutely need to make the right appointment now.

Ron giving it to his son sounds like a disaster

Thanks for everything Leeann
    "Look at me everyone"

A long time to be in any role. Been an excellent effort from her and we can only hope we get someone else of the same quality. I will be very worried if its a relation of Ron..