hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Sun reporting that she could be off to Queens Park as their new chief exec.
    This would be one of the most bizarre stories if it ends up being true - leaving Hibs to go to a League Two club. I suppose she could keep an eye on the goings on at the SFA though!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This would be one of the most bizarre stories if it ends up being true - leaving Hibs to go to a League Two club. I suppose she could keep an eye on the goings on at the SFA though!
    A League Two club which has recently gone both professional and full-time, has ambitions to climb the leagues and is backed by a prominent Scottish millionaire. Maybe she fancies the challenge.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Sun reporting that she could be off to Queens Park as their new chief exec.
    She must be a big Simon Murray fan

Interesting move, completely new challenge for her at a club basically starting with nothing but obviously have big ambitions

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    She must be a big Simon Murray fan

Interesting move, completely new challenge for her at a club basically starting with nothing but obviously have big ambitions
    Ziggy Dempster takes the Spiders to Mars.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 27-11-2020 at 04:23 PM.

It'd be bizzare from a football perspective, but if spending more time with her family is imperative right now, then it makes a lot of sense for Leeann to find a role in Glasgow, rather than continuing to commute to Edinburgh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Good shout. We know he'd refuse to accept any result that went against us, demand replays, accuse the opposition of having twelve on the pitch, file lawsuits against the match officials, SPFL, SFA and anyone else who doesn't let Hibs win, and the Hibs Twitter account would be a good read. Not sure JR will relent to playing Donald Jnr in goals though. Or Melania in place of Mallan.
    Or assassinate Stuart Kettlewell for looking like an Iranian general.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Have had a few messages saying Leanne has left Hibs. Not in the know , anybody else heard anything ?
    Certainly hope not she has been very good for us ?

I never knew/cared about Hibs CEOs, Directors of Football etc. in the past - just meeting my pals for a pint and going to the game. They never came up in conversation and seemed far removed from the average punter. That changed for me (and my pals) when LD came along as she was the first to engage with the supporters over a wide range of initiatives, She talked the talk and by and large walked the walk, not a perfect fit for everyone but over time she helped to restructure the club. Whoever comes in now has big boots to fill (just like whoever comes in after Mr Power as fans rep).

All the best Leeann whatever you do next, and I expect you to be very successful in your next venture. In my mind, "you came, you saw, you conquered"

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A banner thanking a CEO that left months prior??

Almost as cringeworthy as some of the stuff in the Hearts doc recently.
    Well, the suggestion was to do it when fans are able to return. Given what she has done for the club and the impact she made I fail to see what's cringeworthy about it, it's reasonably rare for a board member at any club to be held in anything akin to affection, especially one who had no emotional ties to it when they arrived ... Leeann Dempster has managed that IMO.

If its true Queens Park makes sense, close to home for her and I'm pretty sure not as high pressured as some of the offers she will have received.

On the other hand having turned professional and as I understand it full time, the premiership must be their ultimate goal. It's some challenge .... Partick Thistle have been around forever, they have an ok stadium, a reputation as a family club and also in my opinion attractive colours, they are ideally placed as the alternative to the bigot fest and yet even as a premiership club can barely attract more than 4000* Weegies to turn up on a Saturday and therein lies Queen's Parks problem.

Yes you can make the top league if you throw enough money at it ( see Gretna ) but in order to sustain yourself as a regular top flight club you have to grow a reasonable fan base, if you can't you will suffer for it ( see Gretna ) and as Partick Thistle have proved that isn't easy in Glasgow with the bigot brothers literally on your doorstep.

Queens Park could well make the top league eventually, edging out the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline, Ayr Utd and ICT ....... But lets forget the old 'on merit' argument for the time being, does our top league really need another Hamilton Accies or Livvi with so few supporters they would easily fit into a decent sized JD Wetherspoons?

* ... Fair play to Partick mind, coz their away support regularly belies their home attendances.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If its true Queens Park makes sense, close to home for her and I'm pretty sure not as high pressured as some of the offers she will have received.

On the other hand having turned professional and as I understand it full time, the premiership must be their ultimate goal. It's some challenge .... Partick Thistle have been around forever, they have an ok stadium, a reputation as a family club and also in my opinion attractive colours, they are ideally placed as the alternative to the bigot fest and yet even as a premiership club can barely attract more than 4000* Weegies to turn up on a Saturday and therein lies Queen's Parks problem.

Yes you can make the top league if you throw enough money at it ( see Gretna ) but in order to sustain yourself as a regular top flight club you have to grow a reasonable fan base, if you can't you will suffer for it ( see Gretna ) and as Partick Thistle have proved that isn't easy in Glasgow with the bigot brothers literally on your doorstep.

Queens Park could well make the top league eventually, edging out the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline, Ayr Utd and ICT ....... But lets forget the old 'on merit' argument for the time being, does our top league really need another Hamilton Accies or Livvi with so few supporters they would easily fit into a decent sized JD Wetherspoons?

* ... Fair play to Partick mind, coz their away support regularly belies their home attendances.
    Agree with many of your points. Given her work in developing Motherwell and Hibs into community focussed clubs I can understand why QP have apparently approached her and can see why she would be attracted to the role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Agree with many of your points. Given her work in developing Motherwell and Hibs into community focussed clubs I can understand why QP have apparently approached her and can see why she would be attracted to the role

The community stuff she is very good at. But I sometimes thought that Hibs were / are so focused on it at times that it detracts from our core business. If she can help turn Queens Park into a club attracting 4,000 at home and competing at the top of the Championship within 4 years somebody will put her in charge of Real Madrid, the EU, the UN and NASA, because she will have proved herself to be an absolute administrative genius.

Mind you, if that day in 2014 as we all gathered outside the main stand to call for Petrie's head someone had told me that within 4 years we would be selling 13,000 season tickets I would have laughed my arse off and called them mental.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 27-11-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Actually it would be a really interesting place to go to. Queens Park have just turned professional, have money in the bank and are very ambitious.

They've not won the big cup since 1893.

Leanne about to put another hoodoo to bed?

Leeann is a football person and loves nothing better than taking a club by the scruff of the neck and making them better, she did it with us. Perhaps she's realised her job here is done and we're moving to a new level under new stewardship, Queens Park is a club that's heading in a different direction from where it was and the type of job right up Leeann's street, a job she can get her teeth into, good luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Actually it would be a really interesting place to go to. Queens Park have just turned professional, have money in the bank and are very ambitious.
    It might be interesting but going from one of the biggest clubs in the country to one of the smallest can't be described as anything other than bizarre.

Still, at least it's not another Glasgow club.

I wonder if there is an SFA post on the horizon?

Queens Park will be in the Premiership within the next 5/6 seasons

All the bet Leeann. Not often a non player/Manager becomes a club legend.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Who’s the millionaire putting money into them?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Didn’t end well for anyone the last time a club came out of the depths using a millionaires dough.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    https://worldsportstale.com/soccer/q...urn-full-time/

Lord Haughey?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Willie Haughey, Celtic fan that gave Queens Park loads of cash to ensure the national stadium stayed in Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There is simply no way they could get Lesser Hampden big enough for the Premiership.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Willie Haughey, Celtic fan that gave Queens Park loads of cash to ensure the national stadium stayed in Glasgow.
    All the old miserable Celtic fans used to moan their tits off too, about about how Celtic gave QP money after the 67 European Cup win to improve Hampden and they stuck a shed over the so called Rangers end!

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    There is simply no way they could get Lesser Hampden big enough for the Premiership.
    No, but they could rent Hampden for their bigger games ..... 30,000 away fans three times a season from the bigot brothers is a hell of a wedge in this league, it would probably rocket their season's gate money above the likes of even Dundee Utd.

Saying that, they have a long way to go before they get into the premier league, if their sugar daddy has the dosh they say he does turning lesser Hampden into a 6,000 capacity stadium over 5 or 6 seasons wouldn't exactly bust the bank, you could probably do it for two or three million quid.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 28-11-2020 at 12:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    No, but they could rent Hampden for their bigger games ..... 30,000 away fans three times a season from the bigot brothers is a hell of a wedge in this league, it would probably rocket their season's gate money above the likes of even Dundee Utd.

Saying that, they have a long way to go before they get into the premier league, if their sugar daddy has the dosh they say he does turning lesser Hampden into a 6,000 capacity stadium over 5 or 6 seasons wouldn't exactly bust the bank, you could probably do it for two or three million quid.
    Do they not play all their games at Hampden anyway ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    No, but they could rent Hampden for their bigger games ..... 30,000 away fans three times a season from the bigot brothers is a hell of a wedge in this league.
    Are you allowed to pick and choose ground for specific league matches?

I thought you had to name a home ground ahead of the season - not sure why this wouldnt have been done by another diddy west coast club like Hamilton if it were possible.

[QUOTE=hhibs;6365966]
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This IS the best time for LD to leave if she had to.

She has been fantastic. We do have a new hands on owner now though and I always thought this change was coming. LD galvanized the club, professionalized it, put a strong structure in place and has been a big success.

Commercially though it has to be said we are miles behind. Even before the pandemic we well behind Hearts and Aberdeen on commercial and hospitality income despite in the main having more fans through the door. I would expect this to be the area Ron will be focusing on in the future when life gets back to normal. LD was more a COO than a CEO in my opinion. What we needed given relegation starting point.[/QU

Fully agree with your second paragraph,time to move on.

do you not agree with the first paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Do they not play all their games at Hampden anyway ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They do at the moment, however the long term plan is redevelopment of Lesser Hampden which will be their permanent ground.