hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Another thread off topic. I hope Leeann's health improves and wish her all the best. The difference in the club between leaving the ground after the Hamilton game and the second leg versus the New Attilas one year later was massive. Year after that, the greatest day I have ever had as a fan. In my mind, thanks to her.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

So sad to hear this. Keep fighting Leeann.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get well soon Leeann

Legend
    You could just close the thread there.

I wish her all the very best both in health and in life in general. Hope she is back in football before too long.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    The woman is fighting for her life. Maybe now is not the time ?
    Too many competing for flump of the internet.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You could just close the thread there.
    Amen.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The crowds were crap for the first couple of seasons because we were still suffering from the consequences of the shambles she inherited - a relegated side in a Championship with some big teams.

I've still got the scars from the games against Dumbarton, Alloa and co, not to mention the play off defeats but I find it really harsh to blame any footballing failure on Dempster within those couple of years. It was clear as day by about November of that first season in the Championship that after a very long time we were going back in a positive direction and that was rewarded a bit later with the Scottish Cup, promotion and then the excellent first year back up.

She then left us in an infinitely better place than she found us, which is all you can really ask from anyone, even if there are bumps in the road along the way.
    I'd wager the average attendances in the Championship weren't actually hugely different to those pre-relegation, especially when we had derbies and games against Rangers. The crowds only rocketed post-2016. Prior to that we were sometimes averaging less than 10k (Bobby Williamson era in particular) and those as old as me will recall crowds of less than 5k in the early 80s.

All the very best Leann.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Another thread off topic. I hope Leeann's health improves and wish her all the best. The difference in the club between leaving the ground after the Hamilton game and the second leg versus the New Attilas one year later was massive. Year after that, the greatest day I have ever had as a fan. In my mind, thanks to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    We are a rudderless ship under this regime floating from one mediocre manager to the next after extensive multiple hour interviews and continue to go backwards on the park. The current incumbents wouldn't know a football if it hit them square in the face. Hospitality decent though. Give me LD, Craig etc any day.
    Cant argue with that ....not surprising that many will though...

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This club was an utter basket case before Leanne Dempster got involved with it. She made mistakes as all people do.

But so far as I'm concerned she is and always will be an integral part of the greatest day this club has had since the 1950s and the greatest day I've had supporting it. I wish her nothing but the best in her recovery.
    Exactly

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I'm replying to the claim that the football output was poor during Dempster's years at the club, which is well wide of the mark.

Re the improved attendances though, they've come about because of the years she was here, the restoration of hope and belief in the club and what was achieved on the field, not because of anything the Gordon regime has done. Another mediocre season and that will start to erode so there's a lot riding on Montgomery proving to be the right appointment.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Had a lot of time for her (except for loyalty points fiasco).

She was always pleasant to me, I last saw her at Big Frank's funeral. Wish her nothing but the best of luck
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I’m not sure you understand what a generation is. Either that or you’ve completely lost track of how long ago Goram and Leighton were here. And Allan is undoubtedly one of the best players we’ve had in a generation.

Oh and if the football was dire under Stubbs and Lennon then god knows how to describe the football since. It was by a mile the best we’d seen since the golden generation. Leeann deserves great credit for that yet you loathe to give her it because she didn’t give you a fancy members only bar to drink in, big screens or hospitality at £250 a pop.

Not really sure why you’re getting a hard time for speaking positively about LD’s time at the club and the impact she had across the club, from where we were when she came in to when she left it was night and day (in a positive sense)

For what’s worth, I echo the thoughts and sentiments of many others in wishing her the very best in her health and future, and she will always be welcome back from my perspective

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    two years before she took over we suffered our worst ever defeat as a club.

two years after she took over we celebrated our greatest ever victory as a club.

in my book she's up there with SDG and SJM in terms of what she gave us, and would be welcome back any day.

She's a Hibs legend, and hope she makes the quickest recovery possible.

Must be possible to have a thread about someone's particular circumstances without dredging through a regurgitated debate about the rights and wrongs of their time at Hibs.

I'll never not shed a tear at the cup football footage when LD and SDG cross paths for the first time post-match. She was good for the club, was genuine in her affection for us, and deserves her place in Hibs folklore. Still no nearer to knowing if she's ill or not, but regardless I hope she's ok.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 08-01-2024 at 02:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    two years before she took over we suffered our worst ever defeat as a club.

two years after she took over we celebrated our greatest ever victory as a club.

in my book she's up there with SDG and SJM in terms of what she gave us, and would be welcome back any day.

She's a Hibs legend, and hope she makes the quickest recovery possible.

Great post.

Get well soon Leeann, all decent Hibs fans remember your achievements here very fondly.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Great post.

Get well soon Leeann, all decent Hibs fans remember your achievements here very fondly.
    Get well soon