hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CWG is getting it. The suits always win in the end
    CGW hasn't worn a suit in years. **** him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wish Leeann all the very best in whatever role she takes on now. She has undoubtedly left the club in a much better shape than it was in when she arrived. We've a proper football department that's not reliant upon the whim of the manager who is in place at any moment in time and she was engaged in Ron's plans to re-vitalise the commercial departments following their stagnation under the latter years of Rod Petrie's stewardship. She also spearheaded our Club's initiatives to fully engage in our community.

Ron has demonstrably committed to our Club, investing a considerable amount of his personal wealth, so I'd be very surprised if Leeann's successor was someone who was unsuitable for the role - be it his son or a new appointee.
    Last edited by banchoryhibs; 26-11-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Sorry to hear she is leaving. This club was a bloody car crash when she arrived, in fact as I recall as she conducted her very first board meeting there was 2000 folk in the car park outside with pitchforks and fiery torches screaming for the head of Rod Petrie ( I know, I was one of them ) we had a manager everybody hated and not even enough players to put a team on the park.

The difference two years later was night and day, we had a team worth paying to watch, the Scottish cup in the bag and fans and the club were all pals again. In the few years after that we were back in the premiership and achieving our highest average crowds in 40 years.

Yes there were glitches. Lets face it, no owner, chairman or CEO can keep every fitba fan happy, achieving that makes herding cats look like a piece of piss. But in the balance Leeann Dempster has been brilliant for this club and I wish her all the very best in whatever she chooses to do next, when you look at her work here she should't be short of offers.

Thanks for everything Leeann, your successor has some big shoes to fill

Edit: Unless you end up at the Currant Buns of course, in which case I retract my best wishes
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 26-11-2020 at 05:07 PM.

As part of the Scottish cup winning team she deserves immense gratitude. Always quite liked her really, although in the last 18 months communication with the supporters was a bit lacking, particularly with Neil Lennon’ exit.

Wish her all the best.

When she said “right time to leave Hibs”. I think the right time would be end of the season surely giving more time for someone to settle in?

Did she help find a replacement or ?

Mid season is either she wants a complete break or as said before she has an another opportunity lined up. Expecting some movement in near future on both sides to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Heard Ron Gordon’s son is taking over
    I hope he is more capable than Romanovs son.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Hi, I am an Admin on the Bounce as several may know on here. I posted this on the Bounce. It may or not be of interest but would like to share it with you.

Clearly nobody knows much at all, perhaps an SFA post teaming up with Rod? A move to her girlhood club? Who knows.
    No matter I wish her nothing but good luck. She will go down in Hibernian folklore along with Sir David, Alan Stubbs et al. I personally will always fall at the feet of Stubbs, Leeann and Greig Mailer for their generosity of both material and spiritual help to a dying son.

BIG G

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    All the best Leann , took the club forward

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    When she said “right time to leave Hibs”. I think the right time would be end of the season surely giving more time for someone to settle in?

Mid season is either she wants a complete break or as said before she has an another opportunity lined up. Expecting some movement in near future on both sides to see what happens.
    She is helping with the transition though so the right time IS now. Help the new incumbent transition over the remaining months and leave them ready to go for next season.

If the rumours going around that her mum is very ill are true then that is every reason to quit when she want's, that makes any time the right time. It could of course be that between her and Ron Gordon this has been known for months and plans are already advanced for her replacement.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

The end of the season and the close season are probably among the busiest periods for a CEO of a football club. Now is as good a time as any.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If the rumours going around that her mum is very ill are true then that is every reason to quit when she want's, that makes any time the right time. It could of course be that between her and Ron Gordon this has been known for months and plans are already advanced for her replacement.
    I’m sorry to hear that if true and family comes before anything.

It wasn’t a dig at her or the club just curious with the wording. It’s taken majority by surprise today but the response also has shown how much of an asset she has been to the club - so very grateful for that.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Hi, I am an Admin on the Bounce as several may know on here. I posted this on the Bounce. It may or not be of interest but would like to share it with you.

Clearly nobody knows much at all, perhaps an SFA post teaming up with Rod? A move to her girlhood club? Who knows.
    No matter I wish her nothing but good luck. She will go down in Hibernian folklore along with Sir David, Alan Stubbs et al. I personally will always fall at the feet of Stubbs, Leeann and Greig Mailer for their generosity of both material and spiritual help to a dying son.

BIG G
    Good to see you again, big yin. Hope you and the family are well.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Lets get in someone who understands how big Hibs are and who creates a proper culture of competitiveness and success. 2016 is brought up far too often now, we cant live off that forever - we should be looking forward to the next cup win.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    We don't know if he's going to give it to his son.

We don't know anything about his son.

But we definitely will assume that it'll be a bad move?
    This type of commonsense observation will surely never catch on 👍

GGTTH

GGTTH

BIG G
    💚

In these days of every single social media post or comment seemingly attracting at least one ****hole, the responses to her tweet are fantastic.

Is it possible that she was originally planning to go at the end of last season and stayed on through the worst of the uncertainty etc that’s surrounded this year

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

BIG G
    Well said Gordon. Spot on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    In these days of every single social media post or comment seemingly attracting at least one ****hole, the responses to her tweet are fantastic.
    I don't do Twitter, but that's good to hear.

@hibs.net private member

BIG G
    Hi Big G. I hope all is well.

I remember you telling me about how great they were at the time. She really did get the community aspect.

I used to do the school tickets with the late Rod Cranston. He was terminally ill at the time of the cup final.

Leeann organised for his grandson to be Jason Cummings mascot and great seats for Rod and family.

I have a lot of time for her.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thanks for everything Leeann.

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Good luck in your future endeavors Leeann.

Your efforts to turn us into a professional 21st Century football club with strong community/inclusive values have been very much appreciated by this fair-weather [LGBT] fan.

I truly hope this is part of a grand plan by Big Ron.....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Hopefully she doesn’t join Rangers, would love to see her replace Doncaster and get the SPL on the right track

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Maybe Ron is thinking about appointing an - available mid January - ex politician from the USA
    Surely he would be better suited to his fellow orangemen?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fine Margins View Post
    Lets get in someone who understands how big Hibs are and who creates a proper culture of competitiveness and success. 2016 is brought up far too often now, we cant live off that forever - we should be looking forward to the next cup win.
    This post smells.

There isn’t a hibs fan on planet earth who thinks our Scottish cup win is “brought up far too often”

After decades of being slagged about it we’ve to shut up after 4 years?

Naw.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    She did an excellent job when she arrived and really transformed us beyond all recognition. Can’t help but feel it’s probably time for a fresh approach.

Hope she joins the SFA and takes a broom with her to do a similar job to what she inherited at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Lianne is going nowhere
    In the know

If the information about her mum is true it is absolutely the right time leave. Going by the statement it does not appear she will jump straight back in to another football job.

Really like Leeann and wish her and her family all the best.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This post smells.

There isn’t a hibs fan on planet earth who thinks our Scottish cup win is “brought up far too often”

After decades of being slagged about it we’ve to shut up after 4 years?

Naw.
    Doesn't smell at all, too often I get the impression that we won the cup all is well and maybe we'll win it again so day.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Surely he would be better suited to his fellow orangemen?
    Trump and his white robes and hood, along with burning cross. Same lineage as the Orange, certainly: Grand Wizard (Grand Master) Donnie.