hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

Saturday v Dundee

Is it PPV or available as part of our season ticket?

2. Log in to remove the advert

It’s PPV.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s PPV.
    Which will probably mean registering here for any season ticket holder instead of hibspass.

https://ppv.hibernianfc.co.uk/login

Your hibspass details don't appear to work on it so a new login will be required.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    When I bought my season ticket I did so to help the club with no expectation of when I could attend a game in person, however as time has gone on I am a bit pissed off that due to where my seat is I’m probably paying the highest price. It’s fine when I’m at the games, I have a better view than say someone in the Famous Five, but everyone is getting the same via the PPV service regardless of how much they paid for their season ticket.

I realise not everyone will agree but I’d have liked the club to have given those of us who have paid for the more expensive season tickets Saturdays game for free.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Is it PPV or available as part of our season ticket?
    Searched the main site for details. Suspect it will be PPV for everyone.
    Signed up for it yesterday every season ticket holder will no doubt the same.
    £12.99 not to bad , no problem paying it gives the club a chance to make a few quid.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Cheers guys, will purchase later today 👍

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    When I bought my season ticket I did so to help the club with no expectation of when I could attend a game in person, however as time has gone on I am a bit pissed off that due to where my seat is I’m probably paying the highest price. It’s fine when I’m at the games, I have a better view than say someone in the Famous Five, but everyone is getting the same via the PPV service regardless of how much they paid for their season ticket.

I realise not everyone will agree but I’d have liked the club to have given those of us who have paid for the more expensive season tickets Saturdays game for free.
    I'm not sure if that's the right solution but I agree with the general point you're making. ST holders did get the group games for free as a thank you (well, the home ones not on premier sport).

They won't have been expecting at the time for this to have lasted quite as long as it has and to have had such an impact on fans ability to see the games - I do wonder if they'll pull out any innovative solutions to help 2020 ST holders get a bit of value out of their ticket purchase.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's the right solution but I agree with the general point you're making. ST holders did get the group games for free as a thank you (well, the home ones not on premier sport).

They won't have been expecting at the time for this to have lasted quite as long as it has and to have had such an impact on fans ability to see the games - I do wonder if they'll pull out any innovative solutions to help 2020 ST holders get a bit of value out of their ticket purchase.
    It was only the one game (Brora) that applied to.

I'm not too sure what they can do just now, I think they mentioned that season ticket holders from this season would be rewarded once they are in a position to do so though which I think is only correct.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I appreciate it’s a difficult one for the club and they couldn’t foresee how the pandemic would pan out. It’s possible we won’t get fans back in reasonable numbers this season and while I don’t know what the answer is those of us in the higher band of season tickets are clearly not getting the same value for money as those in the lower bands.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I appreciate it’s a difficult one for the club and they couldn’t foresee how the pandemic would pan out. It’s possible we won’t get fans back in reasonable numbers this season and while I don’t know what the answer is those of us in the higher band of season tickets are clearly not getting the same value for money as those in the lower bands.
    You have a point but there are a large number of fans in the same boat or worse off - like myself that have paid out for my own ST and also one for my son who are both in the same household.

I'm not expecting any recompense, although a gesture would have been nice but you're then getting into the loyalty scheme argument of who's more deserving.

Details on the Dundee match PPV coverage can now be found on the club website.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...-view-coverage

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Wait, the game is tomorrow? I thought we were away at Motherwell.

Think it’s poor from the club asking for money to watch this game , season ticket holders have paid a good amount of money this season and are unlikely to get to see a game the very minimum we should get is every home game on TV

I’ve paid for an adult and child season ticket for 2 log ins , I could have just paid for one and got the same service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Think it’s poor from the club asking for money to watch this game , season ticket holders have paid a good amount of money this season and are unlikely to get to see a game the very minimum we should get is every home game on TV

I’ve paid for an adult and child season ticket for 2 log ins , I could have just paid for one and got the same service

Can completely understand that however to be fair to the club they have explained the position well imo in the link on the club website further up the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post

I've bought one adult and two kids ST's (nephews), so that means three households can watch the home games for free.

I think I should maybe charge them for using the logins

🔥 stick

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Can completely understand that however to be fair to the club they have explained the position well imo in the link on the club website further up the thread.

League cup games aren't the way to get things squared up if they're looking to do something.

I don't expect many answers now given everything is so uncertain still. It's certainly not an easy position for the club to be in.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    All Our home games should be on the Hibs pass for season ticket holders .edit - after reading the post below mine, I can see the problems that Hibs have and understand why it’s not on Hibs pass .
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 27-11-2020 at 07:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    From the article that KP linked

We’re conscious there’s been some discussion about whether these games could and should be part of our season ticket offering to supporters.

For context, the league’s broadcast partners – Sky Sports – have allowed clubs to show matches to season ticket holders up to the number sold in season 2019-20. In our case that’s around 13,000.

We are also able to offer a Pay Per View option for games that aren’t being screened on Sky Sports.

The money generated from PPV offerings stays with the home side, just as ticket income would from supporters through the turnstiles in the league.

In terms of the Betfred Cup, it’s a slightly different state of affairs.

There is no agreement with the broadcaster – Premier Sports – to allow matches to be shown free of charge to season ticket holders.

We can offer PPV, as long as the game hasn’t been selected for TV coverage and a fee can be agreed between the two clubs, as all revenues are shared.

For season ticket holders to get the games as part of their existing package, the away club would have to agree to wave a considerable percentage of their share.

Greg McEwan, Hibernian’s Head of Marketing & Brand Partnerships, said: “The agreement the clubs have with the SPFL and Sky Sports for league matches differs to those in place for the cup competitions.

“For cup matches, if our tie is not selected for TV, we are able to enter into discussions with our opponents on whether the match is offered as PPV and at what price.

“We have, therefore, been in discussions with Dundee and our tie is available on PPV at £12.99. We will then share the revenue with Dundee, as we would have to if we were allowed supporters in stadiums.

“We would have been delighted to offer the match for free to our season ticket holders as part of HibsPass and have PPV as an additional outlet but, unfortunately, that isn’t an option that is open to the club.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Going by that statement would we have needed to come to a settlement with Brora when it was free for ST holders or is it only different for the latter stages? Cant imagine Brora would have “waved their share.”

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Going by that statement would we have needed to come to a settlement with Brora when it was free for ST holders or is it only different for the latter stages? Cant imagine Brora would have “waved their share.”
    It looks to me like Hibs managed to agree a deal with Brora but not with Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    I reckon we gave Brora a fee to allow season ticket holders to get it for nothing

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I reckon we gave Brora a fee to allow season ticket holders to get it for nothing
    Bound to have

I agree with other posters, this game should be free to season ticket holders as good will for their contribution. Many season ticket holders scraped through to keep the club ticking over.

Hanlon is out for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hanlon is out for tomorrow

Disappointing. Thankfully we don't play a premiership team for another week.

I wasn't too impressed with McGregor on Tuesday, but maybe his performance was down to a lack of match sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I agree with other posters, this game should be free to season ticket holders as good will for their contribution. Many season ticket holders scraped through to keep the club ticking over.
    I'd like it to have been included but I wasn't expecting it to be. It is what it is and people will need to make up their minds about whether or not they pay for it - personally I will.

I do wonder though whether anyone will challenge the wording on the club's season ticket campaign;

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/ticket...season-tickets

Again, I think most people would assume it was referring to league games only but it is quite ambiguous.

No Hanlon is a worry.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    It isn't hard to understand why some on here are 'upset' about this PPV. Bottom line is the club has explained, quite clearly, why it must be so.

I'm please we've got the Hibspass for those of us who could afford a ST again this season.

As time passes with this Covid thing money could be more of an issue for some folks, so, in addition to the 'principle' of paying more for PPV on top of an ST could be a bitter pill to swallow.

I'll take the PPV option in the knowledge that the greater part of that payment is going into the club.

Would be tempted to play Doig at left centre back as I hate having two right sided central defenders.