hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring

@hibs.net private member
    Agree with most that the football isn't great but to me not being there and also the lack of fans in terms of atmosphere and also making the players perform has completely killed football as a spectacle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I genuinely don't enjoy watching us at all right now and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I honestly thought that was utter garbage tonight, the lack of intensity, the dreadful passing, the kamikaze defending, the missing midfield - it was all dismal.

It's becoming all too familiar now and I don't have faith in Ross to change his play it safe attitude.
    We did all that and do need to improve, but you missed out the good play we had (and there was some) and the goals we scored.

All you have done is focus on negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Some of the stuff is good. You can see what they are trying to do however we do make a lot of basic mistakes and lack composure. Bit more bravery on the ball needed.
    Yep. The poor passing and therefore constant possession turnover is very frustrating.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We can be too slow and very frustrating but we are not horrible to watch. Butchers Hibs were horrible. This is not.

We have issues to address but horrible?
    This.
    I don’t get the Sunderland comparison regards draws either. It’s not like we were set out to defend and he even took off our only real defensive midfielder and put on a striker. JR isn’t on the pitch defending poorly or indeed missing chances up top either.

Not so sure it's boring, definitely frustrating. The amount of misplaced passes when we are in great positions is really annoying. I do think fans encouraging the players going forward would be a huge boost.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure I would have described that as boring, extraordinarily poor maybe.

That was a game in which IMO Hibs were individually and collectively terrible with very very few bright spots.

I am sure the conditions played a significant part but St J handled them far better.

They never gave Hibs a moment on the ball and were IMO the better and more dangerous team

As far as I am concerned that was definitely a point gained.

Team deserve credit for sticking in on a really bad night at office and getting a result.

Lack of depth in squad is killing us

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snedz View Post

Bake off final when Hibs are on the box. At the wind up shirley.

I wasn't in the slightest bit bored, I just wanted to see my beloved Hibs grab a winner. Never tire of it watching us, win lose or draw.
    Your loss. The boy was trying to do chequered biscuits and ended up cutting them into stripes!
    Mon the Hibs.

We did all that and do need to improve, but you missed out the good play we had (and there was some) and the goals we scored.

All you have done is focus on negatives.
    I gave up watching after 75 minutes so missed the equaliser.

IMO the negatives outweigh the positives, that's why we've just stumbled to a draw at home to St Johnstone.

It's been this way for a while with me.

@hibs.net private member
    Lots of adjectives could be used to describe recent performances, but "boring" most certainly isn't one of them. And certainly anyone using that word didn't live through the Berti Auld or early Alex Miller eras..

There's obviously an element of general crapness with the lack of fans and atmosphere, but that's a different issue.

Also I get the sense there is a small group of people on here desperate to have a go at Jack Ross at any opportunity. And it's really not an attitude I understand. I genuinely think history will judge us as very lucky to have had him. Even looking back to just over a year ago, the difference in quality of squad and overall performances compared to when Heckingbottom was in charge is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Your loss. The boy was trying to do chequered biscuits and ended up cutting them into stripes!
    I didn't much like him. Came across as a bit smug. I wanted Dave to win. On the whole though Peter probably deserved it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I will take 3rd place and boring every day.

I gave up watching after 75 minutes so missed the equaliser.

IMO the negatives outweigh the positives, that's why we've just stumbled to a draw at home to St Johnstone.

It's been this way for a while with me.
    So you are ignoring any good play you did see in favour of the negatives?

Fair enough, maybe you need to stop watching for a while if you are not willing to see any good at all in the team.

I'm not disputing we are inconsistent and have problems to address btw. But we are not garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedz View Post

Bake off final when Hibs are on the box. At the wind up shirley.

I wasn't in the slightest bit bored, I just wanted to see my beloved Hibs grab a winner. Never tire of it watching us, win lose or draw.
    Where I am too mate 👍

I dont find watching us boring, I always look forward to watching us play even if watching on tv isnt the same. However I do think we're seriously missing a bit of dynamism in the midfield. Hopefully Magennis can add that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    What is it folk are expecting Magennis to add to this team btw? When he signed everyone was talking about him being all action, a bit like McGinn etc (I’m aware he was never going to be as good of course) yet when he’s played he hasn’t really looked like what we’re missing imo. We badly need legs in that midfield. Newell, Gogic and Mallan are about the least mobile midfield trio I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Lots of adjectives could be used to describe recent performances, but "boring" most certainly isn't one of them. And certainly anyone using that word didn't live through the Berti Auld or early Alex Miller eras..

There's obviously an element of general crapness with the lack of fans and atmosphere, but that's a different issue.

Also I get the sense there is a small group of people on here desperate to have a go at Jack Ross at any opportunity. And it's really not an attitude I understand. I genuinely think history will judge us as very lucky to have had him. Even looking back to just over a year ago, the difference in quality of squad and overall performances compared to when Heckingbottom was in charge is night and day.
    I want nothing more than Hibs to be successful, and I speak as someone who witnessed the many turgid years under Alex Miller.

I also want Jack Ross to be successful, but I'm not alone in finding his brand of football thus far boring and uninspiring, a bit like his own demeanour if truth be told.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I genuinely don't think his style is suited to managing Hibs.

Time will tell if I'm right or wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What is it folk are expecting Magennis to add to this team btw? When he signed everyone was talking about him being all action, a bit like McGinn etc (I’m aware he was never going to be as good of course) yet when he’s played he hasn’t really looked like what we’re missing imo. We badly need legs in that midfield. Newell, Gogic and Mallan are about the least mobile midfield trio I can think of.
    I’m not sure what I expect from him. The position he played in the semi final, and up at Ross County, concerned me. It felt like we were trying to get him in the team rather than him coming in to play a specific role. Time will tell but we need him fit and contributing soon.

Let's be honest if we were living through the Alex Miller era again people would be on here insisting we weren't boring. They would point to O'Neil, Jackson, McCallister, McGinlay and later Harper as proof of that and point out a draw at home to a stuffy St Johnstone team was nothing to be upset about.

That's not a dig. It's just a reflection that football has always been like this. Some fans will try to see the best in any team, others will see the worst in the best teams.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Where I am too mate ��
    Thank goodness for that. Thought I'd logged onto Knit n Natter by mistake

Couldn't care less that there were no fans in the ground either. I was too busy watching the game and willing us on to win. Not to be but that's life as the late Frank Sinatra used to belt out.

So you are ignoring any good play you did see in favour of the negatives?

Fair enough, maybe you need to stop watching for a while if you are not willing to see any good at all in the team.

I'm not disputing we are inconsistent and have problems to address btw. But we are not garbage.
    I'm not ignoring good football, the truth is that there was very, very little of it on show for the 75 minutes I witnessed.

If people believe otherwise then that's their opinion, but it's not my idea of what I want to see.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Im not bored watching us but it can be very frustrating. The players have to take their share of the blame. The number of unforced errors from some of them is really beginning to get on my nerves. No manager can legislate for that. It seems remarkable we're 3rd in the league as I think we're very average quality wise, with only 2 or 3 real stand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Let's be honest if we were living through the Alex Miller era again people would be on here insisting we weren't boring. They would point to O'Neil, Jackson, McCallister, McGinlay and later Harper as proof of that and point out a draw at home to a stuffy St Johnstone team was nothing to be upset about.

That's not a dig. It's just a reflection that football has always been like this. Some fans will try to see the best in any team, others will see the worst in the best teams.
    Would they play in this team )

I'm not ignoring good football, the truth is that there was very, very little of it on show for the 75 minutes I witnessed.

If people believe otherwise then that's their opinion, but it's not my idea of what I want to see.
    Murphy was decent tonight and so was, ER, umm, well no one else really 😁

As I've said, we are frustrating but not anywhere near horrible to watch and I think you are letting your negativity run wild.

Saturday might be better :-0

As I've said, we are frustrating but not anywhere near horrible to watch and I think you are letting your negativity run wild.

I agree with your comment about Murphy, the fact nobody else was mentioned sums up my assessment of the game.

Let's hope Saturday is an improvement.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree.

I’m sure people will be along soon to point out stats that would say we’re not boring but I’m the same as you.

3rd in the league so everything says we shouldn’t be complaining but it does just feel a bit **** just now.

I know this won’t be popular and I know it’s ridiculous but I’m not sure I’ve forgiven this side for the semi final loss yet. It’s not a conscious decision I’ve made to be like this, I’ve just lost interest in Hibs games since that match.
    Feel the same here.

Can’t explain why as I like Jack Ross and the majority of the squad are decent.

Results for the most part have been good but we’re boring as hell to watch and half the time I find myself doing something else whilst the game is on. Usually I’d be fully engrossed in the game with no distractions.

Rarely read any match reports or watch any highlights and only really keep an eye on here for any news.

Everything about the club just feels flat.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Its not just Hibs fans who are saying this.

Without fans football is exposed as being a bit of a dull sport these days. It`s the fans that contribute to making the game a more attractive spectacle. 22 men tippy tapping the ball about in a pedestrian manner in neat triangles with the occasional hoof thrown in is a hard watch.

@hibs.net private member

Murphy definitely got me up on the edge of my seat but he was as guilty of wasting his final ball as the rest. Mackie actially put in more effective crosses and Nisbet did well with the very few balls that came his way. Murphy has so much ability but he needs to combine that with output like the Celtc game. Tonight he created very little out of his superb runs bar a terrible ball to Nisbet who hooked over

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Without fans football is exposed as being a bit of a dull sport these days. It`s the fans that contribute to making the game a more attractive spectacle. 22 men tippy tapping the ball about in a pedestrian manner in neat triangles with the occasional hoof thrown in is a hard watch.
    I’ve enjoyed a lot of the English games I’ve watched this season. I’ve not really noticed much of a difference watching them on the telly. I do notice a difference watching Hibs on the telly, because it’s not something I normally do!

First Team Breakthrough
    We think we are better than what we are, as results have went for us, also still suffering a hangover over the semi defeat.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

You're post reminded me of the days back in the late seventies/early eighties especially when we were relegated. It was post the Tornadoes and the crowds had tumbled dramatically. However, the die hards who went to every game particularly the away games had a certain camaraderie. We watched some dreadful football/footballers but we'd turn up to watch the Hi bees every week in life travelling here there and everywhere no matter the weather or how far away it was. I watched the game on the computer tonight, couldn't care less if there were no fans there or that the football wasn't brilliant. I just wanted Hibs to win. I've been quite shocked at some of the comments on here tonight regarding apathy and boring etc. But then we never had the internet back then of course.