hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 224

Thread: Boring

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, well thought out response that.

    It's not negativity, it's fact. Form is dropping, so are performances.

    If form meant nothing then I guess we should have given Hecky more time eh?

    Anyone who dares to go against the grain on here immediately gets rounded on for having a different opinion.

    Beyond a joke at times.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #182
    @hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    58
    Posts
    5,014
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, well thought out response that.

    It's not negativity, it's fact. Form is dropping, so are performances.

    If form meant nothing then I guess we should have given Hecky more time eh?

    Anyone who dares to go against the grain on here immediately gets rounded on for having a different opinion.

    Beyond a joke at times.
    What utter nonsense

    I am as down about Hibs at present as anyone but to say we are 9th on that basis is utter crap.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 27-11-2020 at 04:36 PM.

  4. #183
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.

    Shows how negative folk want to be when they're bringing up meaningless nonsense like a table from the last 6 games. We've had a fairly hard fixture list recently.

    We will be 3rd or probably 4th come the end of the season which will be a decent effort.

    Nobody yet has mentioned who the entertaining teams are in this league. We're still building but with players like Murphy, Boyle, and Nisbet I doubt we're boring compared to most.
    I definitely agree that posting that weíre 9th in the form table while offering no context (i.e. that weíre on the same points as a load of teams) is at best disingenuous.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  5. #184
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    13,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.

    Shows how negative folk want to be when they're bringing up meaningless nonsense like a table from the last 6 games. We've had a fairly hard fixture list recently.

    We will be 3rd or probably 4th come the end of the season which will be a decent effort.

    Nobody yet has mentioned who the entertaining teams are in this league. We're still building but with players like Murphy, Boyle, and Nisbet I doubt we're boring compared to most.
    Just because the other teams are potentially more boring it doesnít mean we canít be.

    Iíve found us pretty boring. Knowing weíre not as boring as County, St Mirren or Motherwell doesnít suddenly get me on the edge of my seat watching us play.

  6. #185
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, well thought out response that.

    It's not negativity, it's fact. Form is dropping, so are performances.

    If form meant nothing then I guess we should have given Hecky more time eh?

    Anyone who dares to go against the grain on here immediately gets rounded on for having a different opinion.

    Beyond a joke at times.
    Thatís not true. Folk going against the grain have, by definition, unpopular opinions. When someone posts something that other people disagree with, the people who disagree post to say as much.

    Thatís not being rounded on.

    In fact, the very idea that thereís folk waiting to shout down dissenting voices is absolutely absurd when you take a step back and see the sheer volume of ďnegativeĒ posts on these forums.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  7. #186
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,504
    Last season, 30 games played, 37 points

    So far this season, 15 games played and 26 points.

    A good December (with very winnable fixtures especially at home) sees us overtake the points tally for last season with plenty of the season remaining.

    There is definite (and objective) progress under JR. Important to win games first, build on the way and style we win them as the season and transfer windows progress. Nisbet, McGinn, Gogic, and Murphy have been excellent additions, he's bringing the best out of Doidge, despite a couple of recent set backs Porteous is becoming a mainstay, and Mackie looks rejuvenated. Gullan and Doig will only improve with more game time and experience against better sides.

    The most obvious disappointment was the Hearts game but that was a game we should have won on chances. The Aberdeen away game was the only game recently where the side deserved criticism, but that was on the back of the cup semi.

    It's really important to remember there being no fans at games too. With good backing, this side has real potential and players can and will raise performances.

    Overall, I'm encouraged - but I would like to see some real progress from youth development in certain positions, particularly midfield and central defence.

  8. #187
    The ultimate decision regards if we are boring or not will be when the ST sales come round again. If thousands desert the team then that will give a bit of an indication ! Personally when i was last at E R i was on my phone quite a lot checking other scores on my coupon, it was more exciting that what was on offer on the pitch.

  9. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because the other teams are potentially more boring it doesnít mean we canít be.

    Iíve found us pretty boring. Knowing weíre not as boring as County, St Mirren or Motherwell doesnít suddenly get me on the edge of my seat watching us play.
    Thatís your opinion. I donít find us boring, our games are mostly open and attacking affairs, plenty goals, mistakes, chances, talking points. Iím bored mostly by sitting in the house watching on tele, I hate watching football on tele, no atmosphere. Thatís not a slight on hibs though.

  10. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Likewise

    Whilst league position wise we shouldn't be complaining I honestly find it difficult to sit and watch us just now. Must have spent big chunks of tonight just fannying about on my phone rather than watching the game. It's just dull as anything.
    A lot of Hibs fans were on their phone constantly when watching Hibs at ER anyway so no change there.

  11. #190
    Donít think we r boring and after watching Hibs for over 50 years have seen a lot worse. We have a mixture of players some who may go on to play at a higher level and others who have peaked with us. I think what has been missing for a long time is a proper Captain or players with real character. For me our last ďCaptainĒ was Yogi. Apologies to SDG who will always be a Hibee legend.

  12. #191
    @hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,777
    November doesn't suggest that we are boring - 4 matches - 15 goals - 8 for and 7 against.

    The last 3 matches, in particular, could not be described as boring. Nerve jangling at times but certainly not boring.

    That said, we lack energy in central midfield and our decision making in the final third needs to be better. We have two really good wide players in Boyle and Murphy who have the ability to go past opposition defenders but, on occasions, just need to get their head up with the final ball.

  13. #192
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,304
    By the way Iím so bored I cannot wait for tomorrowís game. Iíll get agitated to **** again but thatís my opium I suppose.

  14. #193
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way Iím so bored I cannot wait for tomorrowís game. Iíll get agitated to **** again but thatís my opium I suppose.
    Iím with you on this one.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  15. #194
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,535
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way Iím so bored I cannot wait for tomorrowís game. Iíll get agitated to **** again but thatís my opium I suppose.
    Lol. The football fans disease ...thereís always the next game :-). Will be a decent match I think ....

  16. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What utter nonsense

    I am as down about Hibs at present as anyone but to say we are 9th on that basis is utter crap.
    Another well thought out response.

    8th (misread my apologies) in form table for the last 6 games due to goal difference, 9 points out the last 6 games. 3 wins out of the last 10 which is almost a third of the season.

    That's a fact, so I'm not sure how that can be utter crap. It's a downward trend at present.
    Last edited by Dazzling Doidge; 27-11-2020 at 10:03 PM.

  17. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís not true. Folk going against the grain have, by definition, unpopular opinions. When someone posts something that other people disagree with, the people who disagree post to say as much.

    Thatís not being rounded on.

    In fact, the very idea that thereís folk waiting to shout down dissenting voices is absolutely absurd when you take a step back and see the sheer volume of ďnegativeĒ posts on these forums.
    Aye, having every response to these opinions being "utter crap" or other well thought reasonable responses

  18. #197
    I think a current form table is relevant in the sense that it gives a snapshot of a moment in time. Over the course of a season John Hughes had us finish 4th in the table. However if you looked at the form from February onwards that season there were all kinds of alarm bells ringing, as it was that form carried over into the following season and it went from a blip to a definite downward spiral.

    However it's important current form is presented accurately and with some kind of context. Otherwise it becomes meaningless and is easily dismissed.

  19. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another well thought out response.

    8th (misread my apologies) in form table for the last 6 games due to goal difference, 9 points out the last 6 games. 3 wins out of the last 10 which is almost a third of the season.

    That's a fact, so I'm not sure how that can be utter crap. It's a downward trend at present.
    Everyone in the form table have played different teams so itís utter pointless. In the ten games you quote weíll have had the hardest run of anyone having played Aberdeen twice and the old firm 3 times. We are still clear in fourth and right up Aberdeenís arse, and not far off Celtic either.

  20. #199
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    31,917
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, well thought out response that.

    It's not negativity, it's fact. Form is dropping, so are performances.

    If form meant nothing then I guess we should have given Hecky more time eh?

    Anyone who dares to go against the grain on here immediately gets rounded on for having a different opinion.

    Beyond a joke at times.
    Just nonsense all of it.

  21. #200
    Basically all the teams bar Rangers are boring right now. Can we agree and just close the thread.

  22. #201
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, having every response to these opinions being "utter crap" or other well thought reasonable responses
    That doesnít make your point any more true. Folk disagree, just because they donít articulate it well doesnít mean theyíre rounding on people.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  23. #202
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically all the teams bar Rangers are boring right now. Can we agree and just close the thread.
    That's about the first time I've ever agreed with anything you've said on here 😀

  24. #203
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,334
    Weíre happy to enough to use recent form when itís positive so donít see the problem with highlighting it when things arenít so great.

  25. #204
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weíre happy to enough to use recent form when itís positive so donít see the problem with highlighting it when things arenít so great.
    Theyíre no problem with it, the issue was calling us out as 9th in the form table when there were, i think, only 3 teams with more points than us in that table.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  26. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just nonsense all of it.
    It's not.

  27. #206
    Could be losing to the likes of Dunfermline and Alloa. I'll take boring

  28. #207
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,304
    Tell you what. We were crap. But Mrs Pope told me to shut the **** up on at least four occasions in the first 20 minutes in case the neighbours were alerted to exactly how bored I was becoming.

  29. #208
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another well thought out response.

    8th (misread my apologies) in form table for the last 6 games due to goal difference, 9 points out the last 6 games. 3 wins out of the last 10 which is almost a third of the season.

    That's a fact, so I'm not sure how that can be utter crap. It's a downward trend at present.
    I am afraid I have to pick you up on this. Form tables are based on points picked up over a specified number of matches, usually 6.

    As I said to you yesterday, over these last 6 league games;
    1st Rangers 18,
    2nd Celtic 11,
    3rd Motherwell 10,
    4= Killie, St J, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs all on 9 points

    Bit in bold? goal difference, in a form table?
    Last edited by green day; 28-11-2020 at 11:53 PM.

  30. #209
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,114
    I think in the light of every fan viewing streams as opposed to attending in person has led to an element of over analysis of our performances and the boredom is more having to settle for this avenue of viewing rather than the ritual of following Hibs throughout the course of a season.

    I’m not suggesting we have been scintillating to watch, but looking back at today for example, a League Cup tie at Easter Road after the disappointment of losing a late lead against Celtic and dropping points against St Johnstone we battle our way to a narrow win against Dundee in a performance that improved in the second half and books our spot in the quarters. The team would have received an ovation at the end and everyone going home happy. The message board chat would pick up an hour or so after full time after the spectators return home and would be both positive and negative as it usually is, but an element of feel good factor would be prevalent.

    What we have now is folk viewing every game from home and passing comment during it and immediately as full time goes there are grumbles about our style of play. Sat in the armchair I think we are more demanding in order to get us excited watching our team. Sat in our seats in Easter Road I think we are more forgiving.

    My frustration is more not getting to go Hibs every other week more so than at Jack Ross, his style of play or the players.

  31. #210
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am afraid I have to pick you up on this. Form tables are based on points picked up over a specified number of matches, usually 6.

    As I said to you yesterday, over these last 6 league games;
    1st Rangers 18,
    2nd Celtic 11,
    3rd Motherwell 10,
    4= Killie, St J, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs all on 9 points

    Bit in bold? goal difference, in a form table?
    Iíd call it someone clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to over-egg the negative pudding myself. Goal difference, fur the luv ae christ.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)