hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Boring

Not a feeling I often get with hibs.

I’m honestly unsure if it’s because we’re not able to attend the games or if it’s just the way we’ve been playing but I find myself quite bored actually watching us.

Like I said I’m not sure if it’s cause we’re constricted to watching it on tv or if it’s the dull & slow tempo we seem to be playing with.

Frustrating

2. Log in to remove the advert

A bit of both, empty stadiums is killing it, and were not very good.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I’m honestly unsure if it’s because we’re not able to attend the games or if it’s just the way we’ve been playing but I find myself quite bored actually watching us.

Like I said I’m not sure if it’s cause we’re constricted to watching it on tv or if it’s the dull & slow tempo we seem to be playing with.

Frustrating
    Football in general feels more boring now, it’s horrible without fans.

Tonight wasn’t great, it seemed a very flat performance and that’s despite 4 goals in the game and Hibs coming from behind twice.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Football in general feels more boring now, it’s horrible without fans.

Tonight wasn’t great, it seemed a very flat performance and that’s despite 4 goals in the game and Hibs coming from behind twice.
    Aye I think I’m with you there. Probably a bit of both.

I’d usually watch the English games on a Sunday as well but I’ve really not been fussed for them. Really is nout without fans.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I actually thought it was an entertaining game, both teams having a go, plenty of chances at each end, some nice play and passing. I feel we need to win these games if we want to finish third and its disappointing from that perspective.

Frustrating
    Turned it off after the 2nd St Johnstone goal.

We are horrible to watch and I completely agree with you about being bored by it.

It's not an isolated performance either, this is now synonymous with Hibs under Jack Ross.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Frustrating
    I agree.

I’m sure people will be along soon to point out stats that would say we’re not boring but I’m the same as you.

3rd in the league so everything says we shouldn’t be complaining but it does just feel a bit **** just now.

I know this won’t be popular and I know it’s ridiculous but I’m not sure I’ve forgiven this side for the semi final loss yet. It’s not a conscious decision I’ve made to be like this, I’ve just lost interest in Hibs games since that match.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree.

I’m sure people will be along soon to point out stats that would say we’re not boring but I’m the same as you.

3rd in the league so everything says we shouldn’t be complaining but it does just feel a bit **** just now.

I know this won’t be popular and I know it’s ridiculous but I’m not sure I’ve forgiven this side for the semi final loss yet. It’s not a conscious decision I’ve made to be like this, I’ve just lost interest in Hibs games since that match.
    Yea I’m not too sure if it’s been after that match considering how important it was to us or if it’s the longer the season goes on without fans/us being there is making me start to feel a bit meh towards it. It’s not the way I want to feel & like you say should be more than happy with 3rd but not sure what it is

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

We are horrible to watch and I completely agree with you about being bored by it.

It's not an isolated performance either, this is now synonymous with Hibs under Jack Ross.
    My thoughts exactly.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Frustrating
    I'm not having a go, but right from the start tonight you posted almost exclusively negative comments. You're not alone, and I think that not being able to attend matches & as well as all the other stuff going on at the moment is really taking it's toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not having a go, but right from the start tonight you posted almost exclusively negative comments. You're not alone, and I think that not being able to attend matches & as well as all the other stuff going on at the moment is really taking it's toll.
    Jees I posted similar on another thread almost at the same time

I’m a negative poster in general and do tend to pipe up a lot more when things aren’t going well, probably not the way I should be but is what it is.

But lately I’ve felt that way x10 and it’s funny that it’s only really towards the football I’ve been like that.

I’m a negative poster in general and do tend to pipe up a lot more when things aren’t going well, probably not the way I should be but is what it is.

But lately I’ve felt that way x10 and it’s funny that it’s only really towards the football I’ve been like that.
    I honestly think that dropped points and especially a loss has the same or perhaps an even more negative effect than usual, but we're getting nothing like the same feel good boost from our wins.

It's not easy.

Had I been at the game after a couple of pints I probably would have quite enjoyed that albeit been disappointed with the result.

As it was I had the sound down and was more invested in the Bake Off final. Football on a screen without fans is boring. Hibs style at times isn't helping but it's not the main reason I'm bored of it. Football in general has bored me for years but Hibs have been the exception to that; without the physical connection watching Hibs bores me as well now.

I agree.

100% agree with your last paragraph. The semi final was always going to have that type of impact on people (despite a select number of posters continually telling people how the should be feeling about it and how ridiculous that type of reaction was).

We carried an element of luck early in the season that we’re not getting now. Even if you think of the reverse fixture in Perth, they had a perfectly good goal ruled out and we got a last minute penalty. I’m not saying that we were just lucky, we were obviously doing some things well.

Not going is probably contributing to my lack of enjoyment but, the odd game aside, I’ve alway felt we play a bit within ourselves, without enough urgency and intensity. And, sadly, still without a midfield most of the time.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I agree.

Likewise

Whilst league position wise we shouldn't be complaining I honestly find it difficult to sit and watch us just now. Must have spent big chunks of tonight just fannying about on my phone rather than watching the game. It's just dull as anything.

Whether not being there is a big factor in that I've no idea, but I didn't find us this boring to watch in games on TV before. The style of football just now is just absolutely chronic imo. Doesn't help that our most exciting players in Boyle and Allan have been either absolutely useless or missing completely all season. Also doesn't help having the least mobile midfield I think we could have compiled. Just feels like there's no energy, excitement or flair about this team and best case scenario is they'll just grind out some results.

Also, losing the semi final and then the rotten run we've been on since hasn't helped one bit. Even what should have been a good result against Celtic we somehow managed to make feel like a defeat.

It was a similar argument Sunderland fans had with Ross, they were solid enough but lacked penetration and set his team up to be stuffy and a bit boring to watch. I posted the stats from season 18-19 at Sunderland and they had 19 draws, only scoring 80 goals in 46 games with 47 against, that's less than 2 goals a game and 1 goal against per game, very tight stats. Lots of 1-1 and 2-2 draws.

I honestly think that dropped points and especially a loss has the same or perhaps an even more negative effect than usual, but we're getting nothing like the same feel good boost from our wins.

It's not easy.
    Do you not think there’s similarities with the atmosphere around when we had Heckingbottom?

Heckingbottom made a terrific start results wise and did well to get us in the top 6 but all it took was one really placid display against Celtic in the cup and a lot of people just gave up on him.

I’m not so sure it’s just down to fans not being in the ground, don’t think he’s really captured the imagination of the Hibs fans so far, despite a more than decent return points wise. The result against Hearts won’t have helped either, there’ll be a lot of folk that won’t ever be able to look last that.

It’s cos there’s no fans

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    100% agree with your last paragraph. The semi final was always going to have that type of impact on people (despite a select number of posters continually telling people how the should be feeling about it and how ridiculous that type of reaction was).

We carried an element of luck early in the season that we’re not getting now. Even if you think of the reverse fixture in Perth, they had a perfectly good goal ruled out and we got a last minute penalty. I’m not saying that we were just lucky, we were obviously doing some things well.

Not going is probably contributing to my lack of enjoyment but, the odd game aside, I’ve alway felt we play a bit within ourselves, without enough urgency and intensity. And, sadly, still without a midfield most of the time.
    Couldn’t agree more about the lack of intensity in midfield. Hopefully Magennis can address that when he’s back fully fit.

Were in a good place to kick on though, Ross must see where the problems lie and rectify.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I'm not enjoying watching Hibs at the moment and its not all down to the nightmare of having to watch on TV.

I'm not sure how much the boring aspect is down to the manager. I've said this a million times on here but we simply don't have enough players that are really comfortable on the ball so we just can't keep it. And if we can't keep it I'd rather we were boring and scrappy than plain crap. Still not good enough though.

Do you not think there’s similarities with the atmosphere around when we had Heckingbottom?

Heckingbottom made a terrific start results wise and did well to get us in the top 6 but all it took was one really placid display against Celtic in the cup and a lot of people just gave up on him.

I’m not so sure it’s just down to fans not being in the ground, don’t think he’s really captured the imagination of the Hibs fans so far, despite a more than decent return points wise. The result against Hearts won’t have helped either, there’ll be a lot of folk that won’t ever be able to look last that.
    Under Heckingbottom the players always appeared shackled by his tactics/instructions. I don't get that impression under JR. It's pretty clear that the squad is too thin and our midfield are misfiring. Maybe Magennis will help. A consistently form Martin Boyle certainly would.

His signings have been generally pretty good, so maybe we'll see the best of JR after the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

We can be too slow and very frustrating but we are not horrible to watch. Butchers Hibs were horrible. This is not.

We have issues to address but horrible?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Had I been at the game after a couple of pints I probably would have quite enjoyed that albeit been disappointed with the result.

As it was I had the sound down and was more invested in the Bake Off final. Football on a screen without fans is boring. Hibs style at times isn't helping but it's not the main reason I'm bored of it. Football in general has bored me for years but Hibs have been the exception to that; without the physical connection watching Hibs bores me as well now.

Bake off final when Hibs are on the box. At the wind up shirley.

I wasn't in the slightest bit bored, I just wanted to see my beloved Hibs grab a winner. Never tire of it watching us, win lose or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Were in a good place to kick on though, Ross must see where the problems lie and rectify.
    Crap as I think it is to watch at the moment, you can’t argue that we’re not in a reasonable position. League form hasn’t been great for the best part of a couple of months now, we need to change that quickly.

Regarding the problems, the biggest on is still down to personnel in the middle of the park for me. We’ve obviously not really had a chance to see if Magennis is the one to help with that, but then again he started him on the left wing in the semi final. We’re still short of options in the squad and there is only one way to rectify that.

We would be miles ahead at the top if it was touches of the ball from central defenders

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We can be too slow and very frustrating but we are not horrible to watch. Butchers Hibs were horrible. This is not.

Some of the stuff is good. You can see what they are trying to do however we do make a lot of basic mistakes and lack composure. Bit more bravery on the ball needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    We’re third in the league so from his perspective there’s not really a lot to rectify.

Personnel wise we’ve got Boyle, Murphy, Nisbet, Newell, Magennis and possibly Allan that can be considered quite exciting attacking players so I’m not sure the problems the fans are seeing are easily addressed with a good transfer window.

I think to get the fans on board we need start seeing more high energy football, can’t remember what that daftie that got hearts relegated called it but when it works well that’s what I think the Hibs fans crave. Yes, I’m aware of the irony of asking for a style of football that saw Hearts relegated last season while the manager who took over us at the same time has had significantly more success.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I genuinely don't enjoy watching us at all right now and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I honestly thought that was utter garbage tonight, the lack of intensity, the dreadful passing, the kamikaze defending, the missing midfield - it was all dismal.

It's becoming all too familiar now and I don't have faith in Ross to change his play it safe attitude.