hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how bad was Rocky positioning at the second goal , ball was nearly in the middle of the goal when it hit the net.
    Noticed that too. Way overplaying far post and got caught with his pants down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Don't let me keep you.
    Totally shocked you couldn’t muster an intelligent or even witty response. But just make yet another inane response at least that will boost your response numbers ya numpty🤔.

Just look inane up in the dictionary.

@hibs.net private member
    Was expecting a tough game , we started off well then fell out of it.
    The whole team were pretty poor , not much urgency , slow build up.
    Lack of depth in the squad showing , we need another centre half that can keep both Hanlon and Porteous on there toes . Porteous has started to be to clever again , attempted head backs , flicks etc he should go back to what he is good at winning headers , tackles and moving the ball on quick.
    Even the normal steady McGinn was slack at times but did well with the goals. The only position at the back we have a bit competition is left back the rest pick themselves when fit.
    Midfield slow and ponderous Mallan doesn't look fit once in the 1st half and again in the 2nd half St J player ran away from him and it was embarrassing watching him trying to keep up / catch him.
    Gogic should have stayed on with Mallan taking off.
    Positive thing is we equalised fairly quickly after they scored . Point a piece fair.
    On to Dundee on Saturday £12.99 on PPV same performance as last week and into the quarter finals.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex7zero View Post
    Totally shocked you couldn’t muster an intelligent or even witty response. But just make yet another inane response at least that will boost your response numbers ya numpty.

Just look inane up in the dictionary.
    If I want inane I'll just check your input.

@hibs.net private member
    Great stuff. You should post more often

You should try getting a life , try talking to real people instead of being a saddo spending all your time being an Uber poster on Hibs net.
    You have probably never seen Hibs live in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    You should try getting a life , try talking to real people instead of being a saddo spending all your time being an Uber poster on Hibs net.
    You have probably never seen Hibs live in your life.
    Yeah, you're dead right.

Why's this place so full of abusive throbbers tonight?

@hibs.net private member
    how bad was Rocky positioning at the second goal , ball was nearly in the middle of the goal when it hit the net.
    Poor but what was Porteuos doing. We had the chance to have Daz chasing with Ryan closing the door and he just stopped allowing Wotherspoon a free shot from the middle of the goal. Hope Hanlon is fit soon

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, you're dead right.

Your right , why don't you log off.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Yeah, you're dead right.

It’s amazing how they can be so silenced and shot down all the time but simultaneously won’t give it a bloody rest.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It’s amazing how they can be so silenced and shot down all the time but simultaneously won’t give it a bloody rest.
    I don't understand their need to come on to a Hibs supporters' forum and abuse people for supporting Hibs. Maybe the concept is too complicated.

If I want inane I'll just check your input.
    No need to check my input you achieved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex7zero View Post
    No need to check my input you achieved it.
    Good one!

Good one!
    Surprised you got it.

There are no easy game in this league. St johnstone battled hard tonight but so did we. Like so many scottish games it's a war of attrition... second balls and mistakes...Not pretty but that's Scottish football...it does make for exciting games!!

@hibs.net private member
    I don't understand their need to come on to a Hibs supporters' forum and abuse people for supporting Hibs. Maybe the concept is too complicated.
    Abusing Hibs fans , you are a right laugh you.
    I'm sure this site has admins that checks posts and see what is abuse or what is a response to a smart erse comment someone puts on a post you made. If I was banned life would go on.

Hopefully calling people abusive throbbers doesn't get a ban as I suspect seeing the amount of time you spend on here that being on a virtual football board is your life and dread to think what life would be for you without it

Testimonial Due
    Yeah, you're dead right.

Wondering the same. Some very angry and aggressive people on on here these days.

I was at work 2-10 and just watched a 7 minute highlight video on youtube.

Missed a few chances and should of put the game to bed by the looks of it also Murphy looked like he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Abusing Hibs fans , you are a right laugh you.
    I'm sure this site has admins that checks posts and see what is abuse or what is a response to a smart erse comment someone puts on a post you made. If I was banned life would go on.

Hopefully calling people abusive throbbers doesn't get a ban as I suspect seeing the amount of time you spend on here that being on a virtual football board is your life and dread to think what life would be for you without it
    Don't worry about me. With people like you around I always know that things could be worse.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry about me. With people like you around I always know that things could be worse.
    You and I touched swords on the Semi Final night, which I have to admit wasn't my finest hour.

I don't post much on Hibs Net these days and haven't for a good while.

Until that night, I knew of you as a poster, but and please take this in the manner is intended, until then not a poster I had any real feelings about either positive or negative, someone who posted "normal" ish type stuff, nothing too offensive or argumentative.

Since that night though you have become very abrasive, have resorted continuously to what you accused me of that night (with some justification) in belittling other posters and if I am honest extremely boorish.

I do hope things are okay with you as this seems entirely out of context with what has gone on in your posting history as I recall it before.

I would suggest that you maybe wanted to step away from the keyboard for a while and reset.

Before I gave up posting as much as I did, I found myself getting involved, as you are, with petty squabbles with folk.

One day the realisation hit that I was never going to change anyone's mind and that that aggro was neither good for me nor the majority of posters who simply want to read abut Hibs and have varying views on the spectrum which change minute by minute of how they are from terrible at one end to brilliant at the other, when of course they are neither.

i am not trying to wind you up here and do hope you take this in the manner intended

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    You and I touched swords on the Semi Final night, which I have to admit wasn't my finest hour.

I don't post much on Hibs Net these days and haven't for a good while.

Until that night, I knew of you as a poster, but and please take this in the manner is intended, until then not a poster I had any real feelings about either positive or negative, someone who posted "normal" ish type stuff, nothing too offensive or argumentative.

Since that night though you have become very abrasive, have resorted continuously to what you accused me of that night (with some justification) in belittling other posters and if I am honest extremely boorish.

I do hope things are okay with you as this seems entirely out of context with what has gone on in your posting history as I recall it before.

I would suggest that you maybe wanted to step away from the keyboard for a while and reset.

Before I gave up posting as much as I did, I found myself getting involved, as you are, with petty squabbles with folk.

One day the realisation hit that I was never going to change anyone's mind and that that aggro was neither good for me nor the majority of posters who simply want to read abut Hibs and have varying views on the spectrum which change minute by minute of how they are from terrible at one end to brilliant at the other, when of course they are neither.

i am not trying to wind you up here and do hope you take this in the manner intended
    Thanks for your post but honestly don't worry about me - I'm fine.

Like anyone I sometimes get frustrated with performances and results but instead of taking it out on the players and or/management, I suppose I take it out on those that are taking it out on the players/management (often unjustly IMO).

However, I don't expect to be attacked for defending (ie. supporting) the team on a fans' forum, especially by users (or usernames!) that we almost never hear from.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 25-11-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Wondering the same. Some very angry and aggressive people on on here these days.
    I can't get too worked up about football these days. The games don't mean much to me without fans being there.

And I don't think you can really judge the players or managers in these circumstances - it's not the same for them either.

Just get through this season and then hopefully back to pretty much near normal next season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    And in the main only turn up when we get a result or performance when we haven't won. Conspicuously absent when we do win which kind of says it all.

Personally thought Porto was more to blame. No idea where he was going and Spoony was able to walk through our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Poor but what was Porteuos doing. We had the chance to have Daz chasing with Ryan closing the door and he just stopped allowing Wotherspoon a free shot from the middle of the goal. Hope Hanlon is fit soon
    Spot on exactly how i seen it.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your post but honestly don't worry about me - I'm fine.

Like anyone I sometimes get frustrated with performances and results but instead of taking it out on the players and or/management, I suppose I take it out on those that are taking it out on the players/management (often unjustly IMO).

However, I don't expect to be attacked for defending (ie. supporting) the team on a fans' forum, especially by users (or usernames!) that we almost never hear from.
    Glad to hear it.

Personal experience has shown me though that your expectation is sadly wrong.

There are those that see in only polar opposites between brilliant and terrible, and then contradict themselves, often in the same day. I am and have been one!

I doubt I ever convinced anyone their view was incorrect and reached a point where I thought what's the point, now I mostly just let folk get on with it and let them enjoy their moment of stupidity.

Occasionally I forget myself and get involved and afterwards think of myself, what a tit you are, what a waste of time that was, why do you behave like that.

I am not sure there is anything more futile than arguing with folk on the internet that you would not share a pub with in real life.

How often do you speak to your mate of 50 years about a single game and he thinks player x was poor when you thought he was good, player y was brilliant when you thought he was poor and player z was MOTM when you thought he was lucky to stay on.

I suppose we are all conditioned by what opinion we have formed over players and managers and it is hard to change that despite evidence to the contrary.

We are also conditioned by expectations, despite seeing only 2 in my lifetime, I believe our midfield should be populated weekly by a series of Pat Stanton or John McGinn clones, and dominate every game, play sparking attractive error free football, the fact that it is not is a constant disappointment to me.

I have tried to rationalise that expectation, but have a particular blind spot when it comes to Hearts, whom I hate with every fibre of my being and to our midfield who constantly disappoint me.

There are though an awful lot of other things to get on with than arguing with folk on the internet when there will never be a decision disputed or otherwise

Choose Life

Good luck to you sir.

Blog Entries
    Oh for a healthy, fit and on his game Scott Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Glad to hear it.

Personal experience has shown me though that your expectation is sadly wrong.

There are those that see in only polar opposites between brilliant and terrible, and then contradict themselves, often in the same day. I am and have been one!

I doubt I ever convinced anyone their view was incorrect and reached a point where I thought what's the point, now I mostly just let folk get on with it and let them enjoy their moment of stupidity.

Occasionally I forget myself and get involved and afterwards think of myself, what a tit you are, what a waste of time that was, why do you behave like that.

I am not sure there is anything more futile than arguing with folk on the internet that you would not share a pub with in real life.

How often do you speak to your mate of 50 years about a single game and he thinks player x was poor when you thought he was good, player y was brilliant when you thought he was poor and player z was MOTM when you thought he was lucky to stay on.

I suppose we are all conditioned by what opinion we have formed over players and managers and it is hard to change that despite evidence to the contrary.

We are also conditioned by expectations, despite seeing only 2 in my lifetime, I believe our midfield should be populated weekly by a series of Pat Stanton or John McGinn clones, and dominate every game, play sparking attractive error free football, the fact that it is not is a constant disappointment to me.

I have tried to rationalise that expectation, but have a particular blind spot when it comes to Hearts, whom I hate with every fibre of my being and to our midfield who constantly disappoint me.

There are though an awful lot of other things to get on with than arguing with folk on the internet when there will never be a decision disputed or otherwise

Choose Life

Good luck to you sir.
    That's the problem with the written word and the internet/message boards - things quickly become very polarised.

There are folk on here that probably can't stand me but I'm certain I'd get on fine with them over a pint (I manage with most people). And at 6'3" & 17-18 stone (depending on lockdown), people generally avoid picking fights with me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Amen to that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    He hasn’t been mentioned by Ross fir a while unless I have missed it Anyone know if he is even back in Training with the Team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk