@hibs.net private member

Hibs Pass

Are we getting Hibs Pass for the St Johnstone game

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we getting Hibs Pass for the St Johnstone game
    For season ticket holders, yes.

St Johnstone fans and non season ticket holders pay £15 for PPV.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    For season ticket holders, yes.

St Johnstone fans and non season ticket holders pay £15 for PPV.
    Thanks and pleased with that

I never managed to get more that audio for the Celtic match.

It kept telling me that my password was incorrect. I tried to log in to change the password but the system claimed that my email address was not recognised. A bit strange that one, given I had received two messages from Hibs to that very email address that day!

I may phone supporter services tomorrow if I can muster the enthusiasm?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

It kept telling me that my password was incorrect. I tried to log in to change the password but the system claimed that my email address was not recognised. A bit strange that one, given I had received two messages from Hibs to that very email address that day!

Were you trying to log in to Hibs TV rather than Hibspass by any chance?

Password for accessing Hibspass is your client reference number, for everyone.

Were you trying to login here - www.hibspass.com?

If not that was your problem.

@hibs.net private member
    Seems to be quite a difficult concept this Hibspass thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Seems to be quite a difficult concept this Hibspass thing.
    I've found it straightforward and easy to use but perhaps it may have been easier to have everyone logging into the same place rather than Hibs TV for some people and Hibspass for others and then I think another one for people buying PPV.

The amount of queries on here every week suggests some people find it all very confusing.

I've found it straightforward and easy to use but perhaps it may have been easier to have everyone logging into the same place rather than Hibs TV for some people and Hibspass for others and then I think another one for people buying PPV.

The amount of queries on here every week suggests some people find it all very confusing.
    Think that says more about the users to be fair. It’s been made clear since the start that STH’s use hibspass to watch the games, and the log in details couldn’t be easier. When someone buys a PPV game they are sent the link, so that shouldn’t cause confusion either, and those accessing HibsTv presumably always have done as they will have signed up for it.

Were you trying to login here - www.hibspass.com?

If not that was your problem.
    Yes but the password caught me out. I will try the suggestion above and see if this resolves the matter.

I did manage to get decent audio commentary on the other URL.

It’s certainly confusing especially as Hibs haven’t had a home league match since the first week in October. Whoever devised that fixture list?

I don’t see why they have to devise three different log ins for season ticket holders, pay per view, and overseas subscribers. The site is remarkably unhelpful

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Might seem a daft question but can you pause the Hibs TV broadcast - lets say you have to pop out for half and hour, can you come back and pick up at that point or does it need to be "live"?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Might seem a daft question but can you pause the Hibs TV broadcast - lets say you have to pop out for half and hour, can you come back and pick up at that point or does it need to be "live"?
    I don't think you can pause it.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Does the picture quality vary depending on which link number you are watching the game on?

My picture quality wasn't very good on Saturday and I am now wondering if by changing from say link three to link two may have helped?

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Any word on how we'll be able to view the Dundee Cup game on Saturday 🤔

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Would assume PPV.

still not sold on the quality of the program only caught the last 20 minutes on Saturday think i heard the "Hibs skipper" mentioned 3 times :)

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Does the picture quality vary depending on which link number you are watching the game on?

My picture quality wasn't very good on Saturday and I am now wondering if by changing from say link three to link two may have helped?
    As I understand it, the main purpose of having multiple links is to ensure compatibility (as far as possible) for people watching on different devices – each link uses a a different player to stream the video. If you're using a mainstream browser on a computer then they should all work, but if you're watching via a games console or some niche smart TV browser then maybe only one will work.

It's always worth a try to see if you get a better picture on one of the others, but I think the most likely factors for lower quality (lack of bandwidth somewhere along the chain between the video provider and you) will generally affect all the links equally.

For Saturday's game my video worked ok but dropped down to lower resolutions now and then – it's the first time I've had that on a stream of a home game this season, so I'd guess it was down to a much larger than normal number of away fans straining the available bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Assuming season ticket holders won't get this one for free and therefore hibspass won't be in use, we'll likely need to sign up and watch it through the same link that non-season ticket holders in the UK have been using PPV up until now - https://ppv.hibernianfc.co.uk/events

I can't wait for the queries around Saturday lunchtime for that.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It usually takes me a few goes to get it to cast to the TV but otherwise no issues with the quality (the stream, not the players ).
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve been logging in on my laptop then connecting the laptop to my TV through my Sky+ box, have had zero issues and great picture.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    It usually takes me a few goes to get it to cast to the TV but otherwise no issues with the quality (the stream, not the players ).
    I often have problems casting to the tv (usually laptop to chromecast) unless I choose the option to cast the screen, then it always works no problem.

Yes but the password caught me out. I will try the suggestion above and see if this resolves the matter.

I did manage to get decent audio commentary on the other URL.

It’s certainly confusing especially as Hibs haven’t had a home league match since the first week in October. Whoever devised that fixture list?

I don’t see why they have to devise three different log ins for season ticket holders, pay per view, and overseas subscribers. The site is remarkably unhelpful
    Different service providers.

I don't think you can pause it.
    I thought you could pause it? I have for a few mins here and there to get a beer etc. Not sure about 30 mins mind you.

I still don't understand why Hibs don't just have one web-site for live games and one type of log-in.

They could design a system that determines if a given match is accessible to the currently logged in user, depending on whether they've paid for it or not (whether that's via a Season Ticket or PPV).

It's not exactly Rocket Science.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I still don't understand why Hibs don't just have one web-site for live games and one type of log-in.

They could design a system that determines if a given match is accessible to the currently logged in user, depending on whether they've paid for it or not (whether that's via a Season Ticket or PPV).

It's not exactly Rocket Science.
    Hearts and others are doing it the same way.

https://www.heartsfcpass.com/

Same providers. rather than rework the whole HOME site they have gone with external provider for what is a temporary page.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I thought you could pause it? I have for a few mins here and there to get a beer etc. Not sure about 30 mins mind you.
    I could be wrong, I'll give it a try tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Hearts and others are doing it the same way.

https://www.heartsfcpass.com/

Same providers. rather than rework the whole HOME site they have gone with external provider for what is a temporary page.

Well, that would make perfect sense... if we hadn't just changed our whole web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Well, that would make perfect sense... if we hadn't just changed our whole web site.

Thats a permanent change though. Hibspass and other like it will disappear after this season. So the majority have outsourced it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

My picture quality was good. I noticed the stream is running a little bit behind For example I had on Jeff Stirling live scores (no sound) and knew Hibs and Celtic had scored before I saw the goals. Maybe all streams are like this

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    My picture quality was good. I noticed the stream is running a little bit behind For example I had on Jeff Stirling live scores (no sound) and knew Hibs and Celtic had scored before I saw the goals. Maybe all streams are like this
    Yep - all streams have that problem.