hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Wtf??

  1. #31
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awww I do love I wind up!!!😂😂😂 🤪🎣🎣
    The get out clause of the coward who can’t even stand by their own convictions when the tide turns on them: “I didn’t mean it, honest”.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eastside
    Age
    62
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    A very good post mate 👍


    GGTTH

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awww I do love I wind up!!!😂😂😂 🤪🎣🎣
    You're the bottler now.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    50
    Posts
    23,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    Post NH!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #35
    Well done Northernhibee👌🏻👍

    Plenty bottle in our team over the last few years but still our own fans playing into the hands of other people who’d like us to keep that label. They are pathetic and probably the ones who pile out the ground when we lose a goal in the last 20 minutes.

  7. #36
    I’ve joined the Northernhibee and MWHIBBIES supporters club.

  8. #37
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A very good post mate 👍
    The only issue I have us his point about us sitting fourth when standing up for JR. He fails to acknowledge that in previous seasons Hearts were alsio in the league. HSL hadnt handed over 1 million plus and we havent always had the high ST sales we have. For me JR is in the same space as Rocky. Their weaknesses are plain to see but they are both good and maybe as good as we could expect at this point in our development. I would like to see Rocky holding more in saves and JRs team ti see games out better. I would still rather have them than not.

  9. #38
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only issue I have us his point about us sitting fourth when standing up for JR. He fails to acknowledge that in previous seasons Hearts were alsio in the league. HSL hadnt handed over 1 million plus and we havent always had the high ST sales we have. For me JR is in the same space as Rocky. Their weaknesses are plain to see but they are both good and maybe as good as we could expect at this point in our development. I would like to see Rocky holding more in saves and JRs team ti see games out better. I would still rather have them than not.
    In this instance I really fail to see what difference Hearts being in the league would make. The three teams above us have much larger budgets than us so we're definately not under-performing. As I've said before, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen Hibs finish top four in the top flight so it's not even something that is a regular occurance for us.

    Talking about weaknesses, every manager has weaknesses. Jack Ross has had a year - a large chunk of which we've not been able to play football - and he's taken us from a team who were battling relegation to a team who are in the top third of the league and could finish in the top quarter. That's real progress and I can't really see the point you're making.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 22-11-2020 at 11:11 PM.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    31,126
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    Post of the season.

  11. #40
    First Team Breakthrough GRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.


    Very eloquently put mate and captures my feelings perfectly. Remember Celtic are able to bring the likes of Griffiths and a £9m striker off the bench to salvage the game. Disappointed we couldn't see the game out but all-in-all this season has been more positives than negatives.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    59
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    My thoughts exactly. I wish I could have put it as well.

  13. #42
    Testimonial Due Tricla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awww I do love I wind up!!!😂😂😂 🤪🎣🎣

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, I'll bite. I know I do too often, but still, I'll bite.

    Threads like this and some of the posts yesterday are deserving of the WTF moments. People lashing out at a central defender who had a great game and whose only error was punished and telling him to GTF. Making sweat the team who have won the last eleven domestic trophies in a row and are likely to win a twelth. Ignoring the fact that they got an incredibly soft penalty when we were denied one for the exact same crime.

    Saying how they're seeing what Sunderland fans said about Jack Ross despite us being fourth in the league when you can count the amount of top four finishes in my lifetime on one hand - comfortably. Snide comments about Jonnyboy - one of this places best posters - because they quite like Paul Hanlon. For days after we drop points we see negative threads and posts and the like. Endless angry comments on a social media post where the club gave away 100 goodie bags for free before a big game because people didn't want to or couldn't travel to get a free twix, testicle deodorant and bovril. Using a game which we dominated but lost to our city rivals from a penalty that never was, when we should also have had a penalty just before extra time with no acknowledgment of those facts.

    The club aren't bottlers, we've had some excellent results this season. Yesterday could have just as easily been a stunning victory against one of the most successful squads in memory in Scotland's top flight. Earlier in the season we dismantled Livingston away from home when the season before they had turned it into a fortress and we also kept Rangers honest when they hadn't even conceded a goal at that point. We are still fourth in the league with a chance for third.

    The constant, draining negativity has to stop. We will drop more points before the season is out. There is no shame in dropping points to Celtic or Rangers. Even Aberdeen for that matter. This is a manager who has been here for one year and already some very positive signs are in place and his signings have largely been excellent. We have an incredibly promising striker, central defender and two young left backs who look the real deal. We've had the most international call ups I can remember this season.

    For christs sakes, put away the blanket, look at the bigger picture and stop with the incessant, toxic negativity.
    Can’t argue with much of what you say but you do also support the negative side. We don’t sometimes lose points to Aberdeen we nearly always lose points to Aberdeen. We were unlucky against Hearts well we have been unlucky for the best part of forty years against them. The fact Hibs have finished fourth a hand full of times in forty years is also pretty damning.

    So whilst we are having a decent run there is plenty room for improvement over a sustained period. Your right the Celtic game is maybe not a good starting point to have a go at the team but anything less than a clear fourth place this season will be a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 23-11-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)