hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huns or Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’d only be very different things if they weren’t playing each other!
    Fair enough it makes sense to me and made it much more palatable in my head!

2. Log in to remove the advert

A bit late to this party, but it was always a Rangers win for me, I just want a huge gap between the two when it comes to the transfer window to then watch Celtic totally panic buy waaaaaaaaaay beyond their means.

They 2 are eating each other to death and it's going to be great viewing!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Rangers got a +38 goal difference after 15 games. Only conceded 3 goals, 2 of them against us and the other in a 5-1 trouncing at Fir Park.

They look every bit as good if not better than Rodgers Celtic teams. Even if Celtic get rid of NL I think they’ve left themselves too much to do already.

Fancy Rangers to win the league by 10+ points.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Fair enough it makes sense to me and made it much more palatable in my head!
    You're not alone.

That's exactly how I deal with it too.

@hibs.net private member
    Couldn’t care less which of the Glasgow teams win the league. Aberdeen are our main rivals this season so delighted they got hammered.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Rangers got a +38 goal difference after 15 games. Only conceded 3 goals, 2 of them against us and the other in a 5-1 trouncing at Fir Park.

They look every bit as good if not better than Rodgers Celtic teams. Even if Celtic get rid of NL I think they’ve left themselves too much to do already.

Its incredible that they've not conceded a single league goal at home yet. If they don't win this league from the position they're in just now then it will be the biggest collapse in Scottish football in years.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Its incredible that they've not conceded a single league goal at home yet. If they don't win this league from the position they're in just now then it will be the biggest collapse in Scottish football in years.
    Possibly, but Celtic only need to win 2 old firm games and their games in hand to go ahead. Now, that’s a massive stretch considering the form at the moment, however it’s not quite a massive lead as it stands. I’m sure Gerrard will be drumming 5 points into his team rather than the 11 that is shows on the table at the moment.

Rangers seem relentless and have a huge squad filled with quality now, seem to have two starters minimum in every single position, know their system, and sign players for that system. Celtic are all over the shop signing players and then trying to make a system fit.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Possibly, but Celtic only need to win 2 old firm games and their games in hand to go ahead. Now, that’s a massive stretch considering the form at the moment, however it’s not quite a massive lead as it stands. I’m sure Gerrard will be drumming 5 points into his team rather than the 11 that is shows on the table at the moment.

Rangers seem relentless and have a huge squad filled with quality now, seem to have two starters minimum in every single position, know their system, and sign players for that system. Celtic are all over the shop signing players and then trying to make a system fit.
    Said that in another thread. The Hun signings this year have been way better than celtic. Lennon does seem to have a scatter gun approach to signings and then putting them into a team. Was it £5m for that keeper? And apparently they are paying the vast majority of Duffy's wages. 40k is what I've heard, could be BS but that is mental cash if true. And again putting him in the team. Lennon has done what he did with us by playing players out if position and changing teams for the sake of it

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Said that in another thread. The Hun signings this year have been way better than celtic. Lennon does seem to have a scatter gun approach to signings and then putting them into a team. Was it £5m for that keeper? And apparently they are paying the vast majority of Duffy's wages. 40k is what I've heard, could be BS but that is mental cash if true. And again putting him in the team. Lennon has done what he did with us by playing players out if position and changing teams for the sake of it
    Duffy has said that Celtic are paying all his wages, whatever that may be

I don't think Rangers have better players but they are clearly a better coached team than Celtic. Their system is excellent and every player knows their role, the exact opposite of Celtic and the buck for that stops at Lennon.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Duffy has said that Celtic are paying all his wages, whatever that may be
    Wow, maybe the £40k isn't far wide of the mark. Imagine paying 40k for that dumpling! That can't be too far short of Hibs 1st team total per week.

It's abit of a stretch to say that they look every bit as good or better than Rodgers Celtic team.

Rodgers team in his first season won a treble without losing a single domestic match, that's never been done previously in the history of Scottish football. They won 34 league games and drew the other 4.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Wow, maybe the £40k isn't far wide of the mark. Imagine paying 40k for that dumpling! That can't be too far short of Hibs 1st team total per week.
    Certainly would match the wages of our starting 11 on Saturday. That wage, if true, kind of emphasises the gulf between the Manky Mob and the rest of the cannon fodder in the SPFL.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's abit of a stretch to say that they look every bit as good or better than Rodgers Celtic team.

Rodgers team in his first season won a treble without losing a single domestic match, that's never been done previously in the history of Scottish football. They won 34 league games and drew the other 4.
    They did but it was also a poorer league. Obviously a long way to go for them to prove themselves to be that good but on their form so far I don’t think they’re any worse than that side.

Don't have any sympathy for McInnes with his complaining about losing the players who were with the Scotland U21s. They got away unpunished when 8 of their players broke the lockdown rules at the start of the season when the government stepped in and effectively forced the league to cancel their fixtures.

IMO their opponents should have been awarded the 3 points but instead they were inconvenienced with rescheduled games and an interrupted start to the season. Aberdeen were then able to field the guilty players in the rescheduled games. The situation now with his players is a little bit of karma coming back to bite them so he's got a cheek to be greeting about the SFA over it.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    They did but it was also a poorer league. Obviously a long way to go for them to prove themselves to be that good but on their form so far I don’t think they’re any worse than that side.
    The Huns are looking like a very good side just now.

Perhaps a comparison of the two managers’ European records might assist the comparison? Seem to recall Rodger’s Celtic side flopped in Europe, that may be pish though?
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 23-11-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The Huns are looking like a very good side just now.

Perhaps a comparison of the two managers European records might assist the comparison? Seem to recall Rodger’s Celtic side flopped in Europe, that may be pish though?
    I think they were mainly in the Champions League as opposed to the Europa League.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't have any sympathy for McInnes with his complaining about losing the players who were with the Scotland U21s. They got away unpunished when 8 of their players broke the lockdown rules at the start of the season when the government stepped in and effectively forced the league to cancel their fixtures.

IMO their opponents should have been awarded the 3 points but instead they were inconvenienced with rescheduled games and an interrupted start to the season. Aberdeen were then able to field the guilty players in the rescheduled games. The situation now with his players is a little bit of karma coming back to bite them so he's got a cheek to be greeting about the SFA over it.
    I think awarding points in these circumstances is totally unfair.What should happen is that the offending team is penalised three points and in this way the other clubs are treated equally.