hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Murphy

Jamie Murphy

Quality football player

Keeping him fully fit for the season is the issue but he knows how to play the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Yup, very good player.

No idea how he does it becuase he doesnt look quick but he seems to glide past players, also very good at working a yard of space.

Like him a lot, will be a key player for us

Wasn't my MOTM though, that was Mackie or Marciano

I thought he’d been rubbish then he ended up with a goal and and assist! That’s the main thing, we need the likes of him chipping in. Goal was a good finish.

Blog Entries
    The muppets on FF were obviously delighted when we were running the game ( scorewise at least ) and were purring about “special agent” Murphy, as if Rangers were his motivation. Judging by some of their comments, you would have thought he was one of their players, temporarily out on loan to us and not a Hibs player in his own right. He’ll not be back at Rangers, at least not for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The muppets on FF were obviously delighted when we were running the game ( scorewise at least ) and were purring about “special agent” Murphy, as if Rangers were his motivation. Judging by some of their comments, you would have thought he was one of their players, temporarily out on loan to us and not a Hibs player in his own right. He’ll not be back at Rangers, at least not for a very long time.
    He’s still technically on loan just now though, it’s not surprising they’re revelling in it tonight. They’re now 8 clear before they play tomorrow and Murphy played a big part of that.

Jamie Murphy with a fair run of games I think will be one of our main players.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The guy has a bit of quality about him. Very comfortable on the ball. Another very good signing if he stays fit.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    A goal and an assist cannot complain I still feel there is more to come fitness wise and can only get better

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Hadn’t realised one of his caps was with LS and SJM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Quality football player

Keeping him fully fit for the season is the issue but he knows how to play the game

Wish he'd started in the semi.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Don't we have him on pursuing contact after the season ends,?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Don't we have him on pursuing contact after the season ends,?
    He's on a 1 year permanent deal from next season.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He's on a 1 year permanent deal from next season.
    Aye, that's what I ment. We got first dips to buy him on pre arranged price if we want him.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Aye, that's what I ment. We got first dips to buy him on pre arranged price if we want him.
    Not first dibs, and not a pre arranged price. It’s a definite permananrt contract, and he’s out of contract with Rangers at the end of the season so no fee required. We’ll be paying a fee for his loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Liam McLeod more or less said the same on his sportscene commentary. "he knows the significance of that for his parent club". An annoying slaver.

Blog Entries
    To call Murphy’s status at ER a loan, is daft in my opinion. It’s being called a loan to suit Gerrard’s insistence that he will not play against Rangers for a season. Whether he is a success with us ( which thankfully, looks likely ) or a failure, we are committed to buying him.

It's not a case of signing him "if we want him", we do want him, we agreed a 2 year deal with him - the first year of that is on loan and the second year is permanent once his Rangers contract expires next summer.

To call Murphy’s status at ER a loan, is daft in my opinion. It’s being called a loan to suit Gerrard’s insistence that he will not play against Rangers for a season. Whether he is a success with us ( which thankfully, looks likely ) or a failure, we are committed to buying him.
    Why is it daft? That’s exactly what it is. His parent club is still rangers for the time being. We aren’t committed to buying him either, he isn’t anyone’s property at the end of the season to buy from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Why is it daft? That’s exactly what it is. His parent club is still rangers for the time being. We aren’t committed to buying him either, he isn’t anyone’s property at the end of the season to buy from.
    Are you sure about that? At the time, there was discussion about whether he was on loan with us with an option to buy or whether he was on loan with an obligation to buy. I think it’s the latter and wrapped up in one deal.

Are you sure about that? At the time, there was discussion about whether he was on loan with us with an option to buy or whether he was on loan with an obligation to buy. I think it’s the latter and wrapped up in one deal.
    He’s out of contract at the end of the season, we get him for free. We don’t buy him. This deal has saved us money so it suits us more than it does Gerrard.

@hibs.net private member

At the end of the season he is ours as he has been signed already -no fee as he is out of contract at the end of this season. We don't have to buy him he has signed for two years, the first year is a loan to stop him playing against Sevco and the second year he is solely under contract to Hibs. We will be paying a good whack of his wages or a loan fee but no actual purchase is involved. Several folk have explained this already.

Its clearly a good deal for us but also for the Rangers. I'm surprised Celtic haven't done similar deals with 1 or 2 Spl clubs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Jamie Murphy with a fair run of games I think will be one of our main players.

Would be surprised if he went back to Sevco. Hopefully we get him signed up

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    At the end of the season he is ours as he has been signed already -no fee as he is out of contract at the end of this season. We don't have to buy him he has signed for two years, the first year is a loan to stop him playing against Sevco and the second year he is solely under contract to Hibs. We will be paying a good whack of his wages or a loan fee but no actual purchase is involved. Several folk have explained this already.
    I know, it’s exactly what I’ve said 😂 this notion that it is to suit rangers only is nonsense though, we’ll have saved money by having the loan then getting him for free.

I think as particularly rangers get stronger/borrow beyond their means this deal will become more common. Pick up more like murphy and cannot grumble tbh. Stays fit and we've got a great player for a few seasons. Doesnt even seem to need pace. Just glides past folk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    He’s already signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    He has signed up, he's signed a two year deal with us, first year's on loan and the second year's a permanent deal after his Rangers contract ends.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I know, it’s exactly what I’ve said 😂 this notion that it is to suit rangers only is nonsense though, we’ll have saved money by having the loan then getting him for free.
    It’s not what you said. You said we aren’t committed to “buying him at the end of the season”. In a way that’s true - we won’t be buying him at the end of the season. We have already signed him for next season. Rangers don’t want him playing against them this season, hence the loan for the first year. It is a similar situation to McCrory at Aberdeen.