hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have bitten your hand off for a point before the game so to get that is a positive. Having observed the level of performance Celtic gave it's a negative to have dropped 2 points.
    Thats my take on it

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’d take Gallagher as a back up to Hanlon and Porteous. I don’t think he’s a better player though.

Allan Campbell would be a great addition, but I’m pretty sure we’ve missed the boat there.
    Difficult to argue that Gallacher an excellent performer for the national team isn't better than the u21 player in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Difficult to argue that Gallacher an excellent performer for the national team isn't better than the u21 player in that position.
    He isn’t doing it week in week out though. Would you take Shankland over Nisbet based on that logic? I certainly wouldn’t.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He isn’t doing it week in week out though. Would you take Shankland over Nisbet based on that logic? I certainly wouldn’t.
    Shankland isn't an excellent performer at national level.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Shankland isn't an excellent performer at national level.
    He’s in the squad ahead of Nisbet though, just like Gallagher with Porteous. That’s not a way to measure someone’s ability. Watching Gallagher weekly and especially at home to Celtic, and watching our defensive unit week in week out, including for 90% of yesterday’s game, then I wouldn’t be in a rush to swap him over.

@hibs.net private member
    Another positive for me is that I think we've found a formation that suits us.

Magennis to come into side and Doidge an option from the bench as well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Another positive for me is that I think we've found a formation that suits us.

Magennis to come into side and Doidge an option from the bench as well.
    No danger Doidge should be benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No danger Doidge should be benched.
    Why? We had a better shape yesterday even if our quality on the ball was poor. Doidge, on this seasons form, certainly isn’t undroppable.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Why? We had a better shape yesterday even if our quality on the ball was poor. Doidge, on this seasons form, certainly isn’t undroppable.
    Yet others were accusing Hibs of being too timid going forward, something Doidge can't be accused of.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with that. Doidge looks to me that he is playing injured or suffering from a bit of a lack of confidence recently. It gives us more options having one up top given how short we are on strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I agree with that. Doidge looks to me that he is playing injured or suffering from a bit of a lack of confidence recently. It gives us more options having one up top given how short we are on strikers.
    I hope we go with the same again on Tuesday, even if Doidge is available.

Murphy and Boyle aren’t going to spend nearly as much time running back the way so it’ll be more 433 than 451. Even allowing for that, Boyle won the penalty, Murphy got a goal and an assist and Nisbet scored. Not a bad return from them.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’d take Gallagher as a back up to Hanlon and Porteous. I don’t think he’s a better player though.

Allan Campbell would be a great addition, but I’m pretty sure we’ve missed the boat there.
    Just mentioned him as a steady centre half that has a nasty streak. I think we should be playing 3 at the back and there’s a space for someone like him alongside Hanlon and Porto.

We’re too nice.

@hibs.net private member
    You’ve got to remember that we’ve just watched Gallagher play the middle of a three that included a Manchester Utd player and an Arsenal player. If he came to us he’d be playing between Porteous and Hanlon. Ryan would still be as rash and raw and Paul would still have the ability to sclaff clearances straight to an opponent.

Gallagher wouldn’t revolutionise our defence.

I hope we go with the same again on Tuesday, even if Doidge is available.

Murphy and Boyle aren’t going to spend nearly as much time running back the way so it’ll be more 433 than 451. Even allowing for that, Boyle won the penalty, Murphy got a goal and an assist and Nisbet scored. Not a bad return from them.
    Far better balance than 4-4-2. Unfortunately someone is going to have to miss out, but when Celtic can drop Edouard, Rangers Morelos, Aberdeen Cosgrove then I’ve no doubt we should be able to drop Doidge if it means we are better balanced.