hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

At the end of the day, Jamie Murphy is on loan, however technical re he will never go back to Rangers, he is on loan.

As for the coverage, I thought it was okay. John Collins has played for both, the main focus was on Hibs. I thought the Celtic situation was a part of the story yesterday. I had no problem about it being mentioned especially given the chat always can back to us. It is Hibs TV, we all watch for Hibs but I like the fact that there is two teams on the field and we acknowledged that. David and John were good.

On Tuesday, if Stevie May scores a double, I would expect the studio to mention his current upturn in form and how he has turned it around.

As for Tam, do we want people to be honest or just a box with a painted on smile that everything is okay?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hanlon, gogic, porteous gray and Ross GTF

And take the D Tanner with ye anaw

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    What an absolute plum you are mate! A perfect example of posting on an empty head. But this thread in general displays starkly how many folk are just not happy unless they have something to bump their gums about.

Tanner is fine - a professional link man who keeps the conversation running nicely pre and post match and at HT. Plenty of Hibs centered content and comment was provided by JC and by Tam during the game - both of whom speak well, having a deep love for the Hibees which shines through but plenty enough professionalism to speak in an objective and intelligent manner. The only complaint I would have is about the sound man (if there is one). At times the volume on Tanner's mic was off the scale which was a wee bit irritating.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Well not quite. I think the only time I've ever referred to Hibs as Hibernian is when explaining to an English person or non football person what club I support. In all other circumstances it's Hibs. I wouldn't imagine the folk on Hearts TV refer to them as Heart of Midlothian and I'm willing to bet the folk on Man United TV dont spend the post match analysis referring to them as Manchester United.

I would expect anybody working for the club to refer to them as Hibs, it is after all our day to day name, if you like the affectionate name for the club ....... I've known my brother Mike for 50 odd years and I cant remember the last time I ever called him Michael ..... Hibernian should be for club statements and the club badge IMO
    “We are Hibs FC. We hate Jam Tarts and we hate Dundee?
    “We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes...Hibs is the name.
    “Opponents lose all hope when we get them down the slope...Hibs! Give us a goal!
    “I’ve always been a Hibs soldier”

Like I said. Baws. Why would anyone non Scot or non football recognise us as Hibernian if it’s a name so seldom used?
    People at the club? Have you ever attended an AGM man? You can’t move for Hibernianisms.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    What an absolute plum you are mate! A perfect example of posting on an empty head. But this thread in general displays starkly how many folk are just not happy unless they have something to bump their gums about.

Tanner is fine - a professional link man who keeps the conversation running nicely pre and post match and at HT. Plenty of Hibs centered content and comment was provided by JC and by Tam during the game - both of whom speak well, having a deep love for the Hibees which shines through but plenty enough professionalism to speak in an objective and intelligent manner. The only complaint I would have is about the sound man (if there is one). At times the volume on Tanner's mic was off the scale which was a wee bit irritating.
    I don’t think you’re right about that - I think folk are moaning because he’s utterly awful and has no connection with us. He’s like a fish out of water and it smacks of an easy buck for him with not much effort. He’s a lucky guy!

You think he’s professional and keeps things flowing nicely which is your opinion but I think there are many who disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I don’t think you’re right about that - I think folk are moaning because he’s utterly awful and has no connection with us. He’s like a fish out of water and it smacks of an easy buck for him with not much effort. He’s a lucky guy!

You think he’s professional and keeps things flowing nicely which is your opinion but I think there are many who disagree.
    Agree. Hes wooden and disinterested when guests are speaking. This is a hibs channel for Hibs season ticket holders and we deserve a Hibs fan to be the presenter.
    I dont care about 'impartial' analysis, I want raw hibs bias and passion.
    And, im not alone

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Agree. Hes wooden and disinterested when guests are speaking. This is a hibs channel for Hibs season ticket holders and we deserve a Hibs fan to be the presenter.
    I dont care about 'impartial' analysis, I want raw hibs bias and passion.
    And, im not alone

Should get Luke Shanley in
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Another good shout

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He works for Sky on match days

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He works for Sky on match days
    I know but he’d be the man for the job. Luke is a SKY employee so it’s unlikely to happen but you can but hope 😀
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I know but he’d be the man for the job. Luke is a SKY employee so it’s unlikely to happen but you can but hope 😀
    No way he’ll be doing anything like this, while still at Sky
    Tanner is fine, it’s only half an hour every 2 weeks, and he’ll be gone when we’re back in the grounds

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    I am going to give Hibs credit when it came to them appointing Tanner as there anchor man for the televised games whilst fans are locked out the stadium

They wanted to make the match presentation professional and thus sent out a message to us fans that they would treat us with respect by getting a professional presenter to host the matches

Yes always saying Hibernian and his lack of passion towards us is irritating solely because it is our TV channel. He does though present well and leads the guests into focusing on the important talking points of the match,

For a club TV channel I think we have to give the club our respect for getting this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Risboro Hibby View Post
    I am going to give Hibs credit when it came to them appointing Tanner as there anchor man for the televised games whilst fans are locked out the stadium

They wanted to make the match presentation professional and thus sent out a message to us fans that they would treat us with respect by getting a professional presenter to host the matches

Yes always saying Hibernian and his lack of passion towards us is irritating solely because it is our TV channel. He does though present well and leads the guests into focusing on the important talking points of the match,

For a club TV channel I think we have to give the club our respect for getting this right.
    Could not disagree more sorry.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Tanner is what he is. A bit cheesy for me but at least Hibs brought in a seasoned professional - there are plenty who'd complain had the club gone for a perceived "cheap option".

I've been watching matches for years via Hibs TV so I've no real need for a pre-match programme. If I'm ready to watch I'll switch it on, if I miss it I'm not bothered.

Out of the 2 people in our wee studio yesterday, it's not David Tanner that annoys me more.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Tanner is what he is. A bit cheesy for me but at least Hibs brought in a seasoned professional - there are plenty who'd complain had the club gone for a perceived "cheap option".

I've been watching matches for years via Hibs TV so I've no real need for a pre-match programme. If I'm ready to watch I'll switch it on, if I miss it I'm not bothered.

Out of the 2 people in our wee studio yesterday, it's not David Tanner that annoys me more.
    I agree. I’m not really a fan of Tanner, but it’s not a big deal. The show is decent and has lots of content we didn’t get before. The one thing I don’t like is them sitting at that table, I’d much prefer they were outside standing like they do on sky and other clubs presentations.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd rather Cliff and his team presented the show, they have done their apprenticeship behind the camera's, time for them to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera. We'd have no worries about them being pro Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd rather Cliff and his team presented the show, they have done their apprenticeship behind the camera's, time for them to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera. We'd have no worries about them being pro Hibs.
    To be fair to them, pre-match, half-time & full commentary would be quite a long shift for anyone.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Genuine question - is he a football fan? His questions are terrible and gives the impression he doesn't know much.
    He’s a Hun

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    To be fair to them, pre-match, half-time & full commentary would be quite a long shift for anyone.
    I'd be happy with just the
    match commentary. Put the Tanner money saved back into the club.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    I'd be happy with just the
    match commentary. Put the Tanner money saved back into the club.
    Agreed. I hope we’re not *****ing money away on studio match analysis from John Collins or Yogi either.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

An empty head would take my words of getting rid of 1/4 of our first 11 plus and manager and bizarrely the guy that presents Hibs TV match days

I guess it highlight just how barmy this forum really is, when a post like mine is actually taken seriously

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I agree. I’m not really a fan of Tanner, but it’s not a big deal. The show is decent and has lots of content we didn’t get before. The one thing I don’t like is them sitting at that table, I’d much prefer they were outside standing like they do on sky and other clubs presentations.
    We are fortunate to have our own room that overlooks the pitch that can be used for presentation of a game. Maybe others don`t have such a space. I`ve often wondered why other broadcasters dont use that facility rather than lugging the portacabin about and siting it down in the corner like they do.

Coaching Staff
    I think the main problem is that he is not one of 'us'
    he presents in a style that reinforces this by referring to us as Hibernian instead of HIBS and things like the HAPPY HIBBY draw instead of the HAPPY HIBEE

On Hibs TV I think most expected to be presented by someone who is from that camp, not just a talking head

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    No way he’ll be doing anything like this, while still at Sky
    Tanner is fine, it’s only half an hour every 2 weeks, and he’ll be gone when we’re back in the grounds
    Oh well, I'll just have to do it then
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think the main problem is that he is not one of 'us'
    he presents in a style that reinforces this by referring to us as Hibernian instead of HIBS and things like the HAPPY HIBBY draw instead of the HAPPY HIBEE

On Hibs TV I think most expected to be presented by someone who is from that camp, not just a talking head
    Happy Hibby for me and, in his defence, he did ask Yogi (IIRC) his advice on the pronunciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Agreed. I hope we’re not *****ing money away on studio match analysis from John Collins or Yogi either.
    I hope not. I enjoy listening to Yogi but Collins is hard going.

Hanlon, gogic, porteous gray and Ross GTF

And take the D Tanner with ye anaw

Your a clown

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Your a clown
    I think you will find that the jokes on you mate.

See a few posts up.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I think you will find that the jokes on you mate.

See a few posts up.

I think you have a pretty unique sense of humour.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I think you have a pretty unique sense of humour.
    To find this site laughable only needs a smidgeon

My post was a summary of this forum at the time

The overreaction to a 2-2 draw is indeed laughable