hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hibs Whisky

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bash on....nobody is forcing you to buy the Hibs one.
    At the moment it’s out of stock. Anybody know if it will be back on sale. They said only 500 bottles so probably won’t

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Maybe an expensive whisky to take out of the box and drink but maybe not to keep and collect.

Hey folks, I'm happy to clear a few things up on the hibs whisky.

For people asking about age statement and the limited nature of the whisky the 18 year old age statement refers to the youngest malt in the bottle and there is indeed older whisky in there. The blend itself is an award winning spirit that was selected by the club based on quality. It is indeed limited and there won't be another release of this 18yo Speyside.

Hibs don't make whisky but neither do they weave the hibs branded bedsheets or mould the clay for the mugs, these types of project are a good way for the club to raise income and fans get something tangible that they can gift or enjoy themselves.

The bottles all sold out very quickly which shows there is an appetite for these kind of things.

Most people that refer to blends maybe are thinking about blended scotch which has malt whisky and grain whisky in it. This bottle is a blend from several casks of malt whisky from different distilleries. Single Malts also comprise of several casks vatted together but they come from one distillery hence the use of the word single. Using more than one distillery allows us to create something as rich and complex as this bottling. If people would like a single cask release that is something that could be done too if there was a demand

You'd think it'd be a bottle of McGinn.

No one drinks whisky except yer auld yin.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Reg View Post

For people asking about age statement and the limited nature of the whisky the 18 year old age statement refers to the youngest malt in the bottle and there is indeed older whisky in there. The blend itself is an award winning spirit that was selected by the club based on quality. It is indeed limited and there won't be another release of this 18yo Speyside.

Hibs don't make whisky but neither do they weave the hibs branded bedsheets or mould the clay for the mugs, these types of project are a good way for the club to raise income and fans get something tangible that they can gift or enjoy themselves.

The bottles all sold out very quickly which shows there is an appetite for these kind of things.

Most people that refer to blends maybe are thinking about blended scotch which has malt whisky and grain whisky in it. This bottle is a blend from several casks of malt whisky from different distilleries. Single Malts also comprise of several casks vatted together but they come from one distillery hence the use of the word single. Using more than one distillery allows us to create something as rich and complex as this bottling. If people would like a single cask release that is something that could be done too if there was a demand
    Good informative post

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Thanks for this.... I'm really wishing my wife had bought two! it's a thing of beauty.. one to keep and one to drink!

Is there another whisky in the "stable" that'll be a similar taste that I can get for my Christmas? otherwise it'll be getting cracked open in the new year

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Thanks for this.... I'm really wishing my wife had bought two! it's a thing of beauty.. one to keep and one to drink!

Is there another whisky in the "stable" that'll be a similar taste that I can get for my Christmas? otherwise it'll be getting cracked open in the new year

Son and I got one each. Surely one will survive Christmas?

The standard 18yo speyside is online on Royal mile whisky. The spirit is coming to an end so we are working hard to blend something similar for a future release.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there an Eden Mill Hibs gin available to purchase?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I think I'm right in saying it's this bottle rebadged?
    https://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/speyside-2001-18-year-old-blended-malt-46-8-70cl/

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I think I'm right in saying it's this bottle rebadged?
    https://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/sp...alt-46-8-70cl/
    The standard 18yo speyside is online on Royal mile whisky. The spirit is coming to an end so we are working hard to blend something similar for a future release.
    Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk