hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mackie

Gets the shirt for Tuesday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I only caught up with game for the second half and was very impressed with Mackies performance. An accomplished display and settling in to the first team with every game.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 21-11-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was fantastic today. Delighted for him.

Thought he was superb today. Showed a lot of ability and maturity.

@hibs.net private member
    Seemed well out of the team so delighted to seeing him back and on form.

Good example for the likes of Doig.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was fantastic today. Delighted for him.
    very good performance
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Great performance from Mackie today, welcome back and keep up the good work.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I had completely written him off but thought he was excellent today.

There was something about him before I just didn’t like, it felt like he lacked urgency and seemed to almost stroll about arrogantly.

I got none of that today though, or when he came off the bench in another game recently.

To me it looks like he knows the Dundee loan wasn’t that successful and he’s in last chance saloon and he’s playing like his career depends on it and it’s brilliant to see. I really hope he keeps it up.

I've been pushing for Mackie to get a chance for a while now, a few injuries have held him back but you can see how much stronger he looks from 2 years ago, if he keeps playing like that we'll be ok, Doig as far as I'm led to believe is seen as Hanlon's replacement eventually, he has a lot of growing to do before he's ready for that, needs to hit the gym. Mackie has a sweet left peg and has an eye for goal too.

He will come good for sure and getting better, good luck to him.

Played very well today, kept Frimpong really quiet too.

Shame we couldn't hold on to the result to top it off but Mackie can come away happy after that performance.

Got a bit of swagger about him too which I like, and he showed us under Lennon that he has an eye for an assist.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's some size of a unit

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

He is 22 now.
    I think this is his time.
    Could be another piece in the jigsaw.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Well played wee man

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Unless you are meaning games with Dundee I don't know how you can say that.

He played just over a half against St.Mirren when he came on as a sub and for an hour before being sent off at Ibrox.

Harsh to say he was poor last season with decision making when he barely played 100 minutes
    I always thought he had the physicality and athleticism but two seasons ago for Hibs and last season for Hibs and Dundee I thought he was often caught out of position and generally didn't seem to make the right decision at the right time.
    But after a bad injury at Dundee and his recovery under the Jack Ross led Hibs he has come back stronger and seems far more aware and accomplished.
    I am genuinely excited about his prospects. I reckon he can finally be the player that takes over from Stevenson.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I've been pushing for Mackie to get a chance for a while now, a few injuries have held him back but you can see how much stronger he looks from 2 years ago, if he keeps playing like that we'll be ok, Doig as far as I'm led to believe is seen as Hanlon's replacement eventually, he has a lot of growing to do before he's ready for that, needs to hit the gym. Mackie has a sweet left peg and has an eye for goal too.
    Growing, he’s ****ing massive?

Not sure @bout an eye for the goal either, but he’s going to make the grade at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Growing, he’s ****ing massive?

Not sure @bout an eye for the goal either, but he’s going to make the grade at Hibs.

Talking about Doig needing to grow, he's still pretty slight for this level, he's young and if he works hard it'll come.

Mackie has scored a few for the development side, he got into 3-4 good positions today and was unlucky near the end, he has played LM for the Dev team also, so attacking is natural and it was his defensive side of the game that used to let him down.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

P

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Talking about Doig needing to grow, he's still pretty slight for this level, he's young and if he works hard it'll come.

Mackie has scored a few for the development side, he got into 3-4 good positions today and was unlucky near the end, he has played LM for the Dev team also, so attacking is natural and it was his defensive side of the game that used to let him down.
    Ah, soz. Doig is a mere stripling and there’s plenty growing left in him.

We all talking about the mackie that missed the target from 6 yards out the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    We all talking about the mackie that missed the target from 6 yards out the day?
    Apart from the fact it was nearer 10 yards out, waist high, on his weak side, and basically a 50/50 tackle with Bitton, yes, you were nearly right.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I always thought he had the physicality and athleticism but two seasons ago for Hibs and last season for Hibs and Dundee I thought he was often caught out of position and generally didn't seem to make the right decision at the right time.
    But after a bad injury at Dundee and his recovery under the Jack Ross led Hibs he has come back stronger and seems far more aware and accomplished.
    I am genuinely excited about his prospects. I reckon he can finally be the player that takes over from Stevenson.
    Dundee wasn't a good move for him.

Didn't drive, living in digs and picked up an injury.

Back home, injury behind him and getting match time. Now is the time for him to drive on.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Should be publically flogged

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Mackie played very well, LB spot his for Tuesday surely.

@hibs.net private member
    I like his energy, he’s big strong and a good left foot. I’m sure Stevenson and Doig will also contribute to the team this year. Strange how our left side now seems stronger than our right. McGinn and Gray v Stevenson, Mackie and Doig. Many Hibs fans thought we were weak at left full back but I doubt many clubs have 3 decent LBs like we have outside the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member
    Mackie did this to his highly rated opponent.

"During the 90 minutes, Frimpong was ranked as the lowest-rated player out of the Hoops’ starting eleven.

Sofascore recorded that the £2.7m-rated young starlet lost possession a whopping 18 times, came out second best in six duels and only completed one successful dribble out of three attempts."

That's the one we're talking about.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've seen some crap posts on here over the years and this would definitely be in with a shout for a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've seen some crap posts on here over the years and this would definitely be in with a shout for a prize.
    Thw boy done good yesterday. Frimpong got no change from him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I had completely written him off but thought he was excellent today.

There was something about him before I just didn’t like, it felt like he lacked urgency and seemed to almost stroll about arrogantly.

I got none of that today though, or when he came off the bench in another game recently.

To me it looks like he knows the Dundee loan wasn’t that successful and he’s in last chance saloon and he’s playing like his career depends on it and it’s brilliant to see. I really hope he keeps it up.
    I’d completely written him off too.

His cameos in recent weeks were decent and then his performance yesterday, especially his personal duel with a very strong opponent was top notch.

Our fringe players haven’t really been staking much of a claim this season so to see Sean do it from a position where I thought he was finished at Hibs, is most welcome.

Full marks to him, he could have let his head go down over the past year and a bit.

The first couple of times I saw him I thought he would be a great young player, fast and strong, and a good crosser of the ball too but I also think he might have been brought in too early and his subsequent performances weren't so good and then he got quite a bad injury. I was impressed with him against Frimpong, and I'm sure there's a really good player in there, if he develops other aspects of his game he could be a real asset.

He deserves a run at left back to build on this. Doig is still young and has looked excellent but also his inexperience has shown at times but that will come. We've said before about Stevensons replacement maybe being Doig but perhaps in the immediate its Mackie?

Either way the two will have to work hard to show they're the two that can do something many have failed to do, force a manager to drop a fit Stevenson.