hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mackie

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought Mackie played well in the St. J and Dundee games. Whilst not sure about his defensive qualities, I thought he did well going forward getting into the opposition box many times and putting in some good crosses.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be the long-term replacement for Lewis, but he's impressed me in an under-performing team.
    I thought he was decent against Celtic but thought he was poor yesterday, both defensively and going forward. He did get forward a lot but his final ball rarely found a Hibs player and his crosses were often overhit.

Left back should definitely be the priority area for January.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I thought he was decent against Celtic but thought he was poor yesterday, both defensively and going forward. He did get forward a lot but his final ball rarely found a Hibs player and his crosses were often overhit.

CH should be the priority area. We have 3 LBs now all good enough.

Thought the Dundee LB Jordan Marshall played well yesterday, dont think Boyle got past him at all. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    CH should be the priority area. We have 3 LBs now all good enough.
    I don't think any of them are good enough. I think whoever plays that area is the weak link in our team. For me Stevenson is still first pick and that says it all.

I don't think any of them are good enough. I think whoever plays that area is the weak link in our team. For me Stevenson is still first pick and that says it all.
    I would agree. doig is young and I do think he'll develop. I'm hoping he will become the main stay. Lewis is still solid but he's clearly coming to the end rather than the long term answer. Mackie is a stop gap and not much else, he flirts with good games but I'm not convinced.

if doig and Lewis are both fit I'm not sure I'd be rushing to get someone in just yet, but it's absolutely a position we should be active in looking to upgrade when we can.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Central midfield is the weak area and still the priority IMO. Who we can move on and who we can get other than another short term fix is a different question though.

Think someone else made a good point earlier in the thread. Stevenson is probably like Bartley was towards the end. Perfect for specific games, where we will have to defend e.g Aberdeen & The Old Firm. Games where we need to be on the front foot he no longer has the energy, while still being incredibly fit, or attacking ability we need.

Two games after pocketing one of the brightest young wing backs in the country and he’s back to being not good enough. That performance alone showed he is more than good enough, however it’s still his first run in the side in nearly a year and a half, it’s far from a problem area and giving them games will only help.

@hibs.net private member
    I noticed Murphy praising Sean after the match yesterday. If an experienced pro like Murphy is happy with what Mackie is doing, that’ll do for me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mackie has done absolutely nothing wrong since he came in. In fact he has been one of our better players. The level of criticism on this board in general is becoming tiresome. Try supporting the players and club for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Mackie has done absolutely nothing wrong since he came in. In fact he has been one of our better players. The level of criticism on this board in general is becoming tiresome. Try supporting the players and club for a change.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    Thought the Dundee LB Jordan Marshall played well yesterday, dont think Boyle got past him at all. Might be worth keeping an eye on.
    Boyle couldn't get passed a mannequin these days.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    Yes. Did well ..also liked the look of the youngster Anderson who got 60 mins or so for them yesterday ...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Boyle couldn't get passed a mannequin these days.
    Had a couple of decent runs one brilliant one early doors then was taken out at the knees.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post

Agree completely, thought he did fine yesterday, ran into a couple of cul-de-sacs where he got crowded out and lost the ball, but he will learn, he has a great left foot cross ball

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Agree completely, thought he did fine yesterday, ran into a couple of cul-de-sacs where he got crowded out and lost the ball, but he will learn, he has a great left foot cross ball
    I’ve seen a lot of Sean playing with the development team over the years
    He’s a good left back, but much better as a wing back, as he’s much better going forward than defending
    I even think he could play left sided midfield in a 3. Strong in the tackle, good engine on him, and a great shot as well. Got a feeling he played this position at ER a a year or so ago